Question: At what downside price for gold would make you puke?

Discussion in 'Gold' started by SilverSanchez, May 14, 2012.

1. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

The assuption is that you have a substantial amount invested in metal and/or gold stocks and limited 'free' capital

What downside price would freak you the f* out? What is the highest price (on the downside) that you would say now - I absolutely dont believe Gold could get this low

For me I absolutely do not believe Gold could get lower than 1300

Im trying to find out what level people would get freaked out and scared - please be as honest as you can ( and no-one talk a big game pretending they are the pillar of strength investor)

2. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

I dont have much invested but $1000 mark would have me thinking WTF? I wouldnt be surprised to see it intially after GFC2

3. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

If silver goes under $20 I'll heave. And puke at gold under $1200.

4. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

Holey hell im saving cash right now frantically as kind of a hedge untill the metals turn. Then will be buying with both hands if it's a wild price

5. villiagegate

villiagegate New Member

25 and 1400. My buy in prices.

6. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

7. SilverSanchez

keep the numbers comming people

8. TeaPot&ChopSticks

TeaPot&ChopSticks New Member

Yes Sanchez the above description is me to the tea. Look I have reached my target on silver and do not plan to buy another ounce. In some ways I think I have bought too much and should have bought more gold. Gold & only Gold from now on. Jim Rogers stated a while back that any body with silver teapot and chopstick would be wealthy in 5 to 10 years - maybe more. I understand the prices are fixed. The bankers rule the world, well the BIS anyway. Heads up to thedailybell.com - yes silver falling lower would wrench my gut & badly. I will not sell though silver, let alone gold - they are money and not currency. The fundamentals are damn strong. The sick from Gates, Munger and Buffett crony capitalists is just scary talk . There is NO WAY in HELL that the US will PAY BACK $16 Trillion, The Japanese $9.5 Trillion and The European Countries their billions in debt. The European Bank now wants to print even more just to keep the Euro alive. They will all PRINT - either inflation and or devaluation. God knows by 2015, let alone 2020 what the prices will be - together with the business cycle I do not see me losing money - it is a question of how much value and profit I have kept and made. To quote Jim Rogers, in ages of inflation you buy real assets - silver & gold etc. If Gold does go to $7000 or above what would make me sick is the Australia Government confiscating my gold. Puking would not be the word - heart attack more like it. I have read on 321gold ( 1350 - 1400 ) and Jim Rogers ( 1100 - 1400 ) . So this normal apparently to Rogers over long bull cycles - anyways if goes to $1100 I will empty out my savings. Though once I reach my gold target I will then stop buying - 100 ounces. I wish - I seriously do not think the prices will hold below $3000 for another year. In the mean time I recommend buscopan forte to start with and if things get really bad for you then Nasutil. I know this has not be a long post but the price of silver and what I paid for it made me reply ( yes gut wrenching ) - I will not sell out and lose my capital now. The fundamentals are to strong. FYI The Gut had the most nerve fibers allocated in second largest arrangement outside of the brain - so you could say it is our second brain. That is why when you think about it people have gut reactions. Keep stacking.

9. SilverSanchez

.....ummm so whats the highest downside price for gold that would make you puke - IE what is the highest price on the the downside that you would not believe if someone told you....

Im just after the numbers not a couple of chapters of explanation ;) (also it might help to do paragraphs but not here coz i just want the number) im measuring fear not analyses i want the number you get terrified at not the reason why its terrifying

10. Lunardragon

Lunardragon Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

$1450
    $25

11. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

$1300
    $20

12. TeaPot&ChopSticks

Silver below $20 ( Nausea worthy maybe puking? ) and the Australia Government confiscating my gold ( definitely puke worthy )

13. Dogmatix

Dogmatix Active Member

$50k

I don't care if the paper price is low, I believe the paper price will disconnect from the physical price and the paper price will go to zero as people realise the leveraged paper claim is worth nothing.

That said, I'd be surprised if it went below $1k and you could still buy physical at that price.

14. TeaPot&ChopSticks

.....ummm so whats the highest downside price for gold that would make you puke - IE what is the highest price on the the downside that you would not believe if someone told you....

If Gold goes back $1100 and below that would be awesome - $300 and there a endemic of puking me thinks. Well I would be pissed not puking that is for sure.

15. TeaPot&ChopSticks

Agree Dogmatix - smaller retailers would stop selling below $1000 and might close up shop.

16. mike titanic

mike titanic New Member

For gold no price will terrify me.Ill be buying as it goes down if it does.The lower the better.For silver the price that would make me worry is $12-$15 an ounce.To me that would be the end of buying.I wouldnt sell what I have though,I would talk to a silversmith( I already know one)and have objects d'arte made.I'm thinking a suit of armor,a globe,and a buddha.

17. Byron

Byron Guest

Wouldn't that be something. Two official prices, 1 for physical and 1 for paper.

I can see gold falling below $800. Doesn't worry me as i am not so PM heavy as others round here.

18. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

If it went to 12-15 that would be a good time to ramp up buying

19. Dogmatix

Dogmatix Active Member

The paper price is a proxy-physical price at the moment. If two prices diverge, the paper price will quickly become irrelevant and go to zero.

If anyone doesn't believe me, just do a mental exercise of arbitrage between the two.

(buy paper cheap, convert to physical/take delivery, sell physical for the higher price = profit)

Then ask yourself what happens when people try to convert paper to physical en masse in a leveraged paper market.

20. Dogmatix

Dogmatix Active Member

The other scenario being a higher paper price vs lower physical price - which I think is virtually impossible.

People would just but the physical instead, rather than pay a premium for paper - unless paper liquidity suddenly becomes super valuable (lol).