2012 New Canadian $20 for $20 coin on its way!

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Jaceravone, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Jaceravone

Jaceravone New Member

I use ngc for mine and none have come back 70's. :(. Only 69.

2. SantozSilver

SantozSilver New Member

agree, this is a beautiful coin. but i wish RCM release 1 oz silver that has similar design with this. i think it might be more valuable

3. TLK

TLK New Member

this is a 1/4 ounce coin. limit 3 per household. 3 coins were minted prior to this (maple leaf, canoe and polar bear), all of which are increasing in value. This coin is sold at face value, which at current silver price, is significantly higher value than the metal value. But at $20, you are not losing anything anyways.

4. kingofwale

kingofwale New Member

just got mine. They also come in collector's card, which are pretty nice.

I have all of the set except for Canoe, They are really a no-risk way to collect silver here in Canada.

5. silversardine

silversardine Member

Can't get them here in Aust (unless something has changed). Pity they are nice, especially the canoe.

My order for the canoe was cancelled (even though it was before they put up the ''no international sales'' sign on it) and they also cancelled the other coins I ordered with it. I guessed about the canoes being cancelled, but the only reason I knew about the others being cancelled is after no funds came out of my account after a few weeks. I eventually forgot about it and since it wasn't important I figured I wouldn't bother follwing up.

Then about a month ago (note 6 months after the order) the phone rang at 3am. It was the Royal Canadian Mint just letting me know that they were not able to fill my order for the other coins I had added - funnily enough after all this time they had sold out!!!??? :rolleyes: or is it :eek: Should have been this :mad: but it was just so ridiculous it was more :/ even at 3am.

My response was (generally) yes, l I know it was cancelled. Their response: Oh did someone email you.... Me: No I just guessed! The lady wanted to know if I'd like some sort of replacement. I said to forget the whole thing - which they had obviously done months ago. Next day I had about 5 emails saying the order had been cancelled at my request!

If anyone from the mint is reading this (in case you have nothing else to do) please remember this ......... If you live at the top of the world and you are going to phone someone who lives at the bottom of the world PLEASE check the time first!

I'm sure they are very nice, just need some global phone calling training.

6. sriblo ag47

sriblo ag47 New Member

7. Jaceravone

Jaceravone New Member

I will be sending two of these coins off to NGC for grading this coming weekend. I have have never received back a SP70, but these coins have the best chance at coming back as 70. I will be selling one when I get it back. Here is my deal. If the coins comes back SP69 or less, I will charge actual costs that it cost me to purchase and have the coin graded plus $5. If the coin comes back SP70 I will do the same as above except it will be plus $50. Just let me know if you are interested. Joe

8. Honestcoins

Honestcoins New Member

if anyone finds a US code please share. toronto doesn't reduce shipping cost