Motocycle for silver

Discussion in 'Silver' started by BootyBandit, Apr 1, 2012.

1. BootyBandit

BootyBandit New Member

Not sure if I can post this here as the general discussion place is down. Im looking at buying a kawasaki Ninja 250, will be willing to do a trade for my silver if anybody has one for sale on the Gold Coast/Brisbane.

2. XB

XB Active Member Silver Stacker

That's what the Goods for Barter thread is for BB :)

3. DoolBrevlis

DoolBrevlis Member

I will tell you what I tell my kids..
    Forget that wii game (in your case, a cycle). Choose to be smart w/ your money(in your case, real money).

That cycle will not exist 10, 20 yrs from now.

Ride the silver bull!!

4. Silverbullet08

Silverbullet08 New Member

While he may have his own goals and choices, I agree, don't drop the silver.
    Hell I'm considering selling my WRX I can still get 25k for cos I never use it and could
    Be stacking with that money lol

5. trav

trav Member

You crazy crazy man. You've a WRX and don't use it? I'm in Perth and could use it - not buy it mind you - but could sure use it ;)

I had one back in 97 before they became known. Fun car. Lease ended and got a 200SX (awd is great but rwd is more fun on the track). I'm getting old though - I now plod around in an old 3.5 Magna because it's cheap, has a big boot, and keeps me outta trouble heh.

The OP's bike choice is nice too. Was the first bike I got after getting my P's (restricted to 250cc in WA) but maintenance was a bit of a pain. No bike at all now :(

6. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

More reason to hold the silver is that your being shaken off at a loss to buy a depreciating asset. One way to ensure your stack will go to zero. Your choice though :)

7. nicwinner

nicwinner Active Member Silver Stacker

8. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

Can I ask if your already a rider?

9. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

You sound like your too old to make any more memories 46. Have you given up ? Im still making them by the day in amongst important things .
    Im only serious for as long as i need to make decisions then its back to being the oldest teenager on the block. Damn i wish i had my harley with me here in asia.i had to buy a little chook chaser to ride around & dodge the people & livestock .. Already made a few great memories with it giggling my arse off with my girl .

10. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

11. BootyBandit

BootyBandit New Member

Just got my licence, so looking at getting something small to practice in, thinking of just trading my car but still seeing what is the best way to get a bike financially .

And hotel46 thanks for the advice, I try to remind myself to stay young everyday.

12. Silverbullet08

Silverbullet08 New Member

Haha trav, if uve read some of my previous posts, i work away for long periods Fifo up north so tho it is a great toy when im home, it is just that, a toy, a depreicating toy.
    Tho wrx do keep their value quite well, just other things i could do with my money.... stack more silver, finish off and put money into my house..
    and lately i been considering buying an older 4wd and a minelab 5000 and going to central WA and start prospecting :) .... god i sound like im in my 50s :-(

13. centralPA

centralPA New Member

The dude- might be planning to get a bike- and not drive a car- so that the high cost of gas is not an issue- so the bike might be an investment.

14. Mickroy

Mickroy New Member

I have a 250 Ninja that I will be upgrading from within a few months. I assume you're interested in the modern 250R? Mine is a ZXR250, which is an earlier more aggressive bike. I'd be interested in chatting if you're keen. I'm in Brisbane, It's a 95 model & just clicked over 40,000km.

I don't have a photo on hand but mine has similar styling to this except the green bits are dark blue.

[​IMG]