Will I have issues offloading 1kg pamps

Discussion in 'Silver' started by livejazz, Mar 16, 2012.

1. livejazz

livejazz New Member

Hi,

Silly question i am sure, but having never sold any bars yet, I need to know my "get out process" ....

Basically say I had 30+ pamp kg bars. What about these concerns, any thoughts...

* dealers getting wary of me, if I sell a few every week.
    * dealers wanting the bars assayed in some way...
    * dealers not wanting to buy..and having an illiquid market....
    * dealers informing ato, and them they asking me all sorts of stuff etc (I am above board, but the hassle!)

Do I need to give name an address etc when I sell say 5 bars to a dealer at a time?

2. Au-mageddon

Au-mageddon Active Member

dealers are only going to pay spot .. so better selling to people here first .. leave dealers as back up plan

they seem to move very well in the recent past ... but last couple weeks has been quieter than usual

if you go to dealers .. then they may have xrf machine for non destructive assaying of bar composition

3. chimpanchu

chimpanchu New Member

* It depends on the dealers, you can always sell your bars amongst silverstackers and sell to different people (or dealers). I know that ABC Sydney don't ask alot of questions, they respect privacy pretty well. While other dealers will ask a dozen questions and ask for ID. I suggest try going to different dealers and sell a few bars at first, find out which one you feel most comfortable with and don't forget many members of silverstackers here will want to buy your bars as well just arrange a meet up.

* If you bar is PAMP I don't think dealer will need to essay your bars, unless if your bars look damaged or suspicious.

* This is why you need to "get out" a fair way before the bullmarket ended, when PM is still widely covetted by the mass. Don't time yourself at the very PEAK of the bullmarket especially when bull turn to bear, dealers KNOW (they've been in business for years if not decades) roughly if and when the bull turn to bear.

* The best way to sell (or buy) is transact without the use of ID. That way you can stay enonymous. This is why you need to identify which dealers are more relax when it comes to ID-ing.
    The way I see it, there is no reason why your need to show ID to buy or sell anything (unless if u're using Credit Card), the problem is we are being conditioned by our government to accept this kind of treatment. Do you have to show ID if you're selling your second-hand mobile phone back to the store? No, why selling gold/silver is any different?

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Big companies will take all the pamp, no drama's. When the silver sueeze begins, it will be on of the most liquid markets.

How can you say your above bored and that your trying to fly under the tax radar in the same breath?

5. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just because you have nothing to hide doesn't mean you're okay with having your privacy invaded.

6. Au-mageddon

Au-mageddon Active Member

dont forget you can post as well as f2f with other members = dont limit your customer base by just f2f

7. chimpanchu

chimpanchu New Member

Indeed.

8. dlaalueren

dlaalueren Member

As when anything goes into a 'bubble phase' you won't have any problem offloading silver of any size or nature. As always the sheeple come rushing in at the end and you'll be all to obliging to give them what they want all the while you gobble up the cheap asset of the time with your bubble profits.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Good call. I agree 100% with that.

10. livejazz

livejazz New Member

I was born free, and surely my buying and selling my money should be free also. This is about privacy...and fundamentally freedom.

11. Arsenal

Arsenal New Member

You will have no problem offloading Pamp bars. Any dealer will take it off your hands straight away.

12. livejazz

livejazz New Member

My basic question...is are 30 bars too much? where do I stop..? 60 bars? I am realizing I can't carry more than 20 bars at time..! haha...

Has anyone walked into abc and said..here are 20 bars! I guess I just dont know.

Very good point...i need to get out before the top...question is, will I be able to time it between 2018 and 2019 after WW4.

13. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I've seen 150kg in 1kg bars walk into a Melbourne dealer ,with large volumes I would suggest calling ahead & letting them know

14. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

When I saw that I took a picture 'cause it was so crazy

[​IMG]
    Source:

15. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

I saw 250kg last week :p

16. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I saw that guy as well

[​IMG]
    Source:

17. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If you're worried about getting out fast buy ASX gold/silver mining shares instead - the paper's lighter...

18. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

You would never have any problem selling any number of kilo bars to pretty much any dealer, as long as you are happy to get spot.

Yes - all licensed dealers must ask for ID when you are selling - even for just 1 bar.
    It is required under the second hand dealers trading act - just as when selling stuff to a pawn shop.
    This has nothing to do with the Austrac rules or the ATO.

19. Golden

Golden Member

You should have no trouble whatsoever even if you unload all 30 bars at one time. (Almost) 1.000oz of silver is no big deal.

Dealer may refuse to buy, but when the bubble comes you'll be able to buy/sell silver on every corner.

20. ShinyStuff

ShinyStuff New Member

All this talk of bubbles... I need a bath... but seriously... W H E N are we near the top??? sigh.....