1/2oz, 2oz and 5oz Dragons are coming back!

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by goldpelican, Feb 14, 2012.

1. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix New Member Silver Stacker

The middleman always makes money, if they're ruthless enough. Its a free market (well, sorta free. OK, maybe free, Oh, all right a rigged market where you look after your mates and sod the retail-paying masses), so if the price is too high for you, don't buy from Apmex.

Buy instead from an ethical (albeit small and poor) dealer, such as, hmmm GoldStackers and help them raise their profile with the Mint so they get larger allocations in future. Leave Apmex holding the coins until they drop their price. Let them hold long enough and they'll reduce their demand on Perth Mint because they can't move the stock at their desired price.

Perth Mint's generous allocation to Apmex seems to allow Apmex to call the shots in the marketplace wrt pricing. Time to muck that up properly.

2. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

A plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel!

3. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Member

Here is the thing that gets me about Apmex in all of this. I watched the presale of they and Gainesville on the bullion dragons except the 1oz. Apmex opened first and Gainesville followed the next day. The prices were the same and they both used a date of approx Sept 20, 2011 for delivery, except Gainesville sold out of almost all products and the next day they released more with a delivery date of Oct 15th or so. Apmex never put a 2nd delivery date, just used their presale policy which states they have 30 days from the date posted to deliver, if unable to deliver within that 30 day period, you could get a 100% refund. That's fine and dandy if you happened to be patient and wait out their terms, which I did, but plenty of people didn't, and when they sent out the 2nd allotment they then listed all of the coins that people canceled at current prices, approximately. Basically, they used peoples money for 45 days, then charged them market adjustment plus whatever percentage they state in their policy if they canceled. The part that is really irritating is if Gainesville knew they were getting them in 2 lots, why didn't Apmex, or why didn't they at least be professional and state that up front.

If you want to laugh, take a look at the quantities they still have available. Most of them are very close to what they had for the last 3 months. Even better is all the MS70 and MS69 dragons they have in stock. I hope they keep them long enough that they have to give them names and keep them as pets, or better drop the price so they don't make a dime or lose money.

I was raised on a farm here in the states and we had a saying, "Pigs get fat, but hogs get slaughtered".

4. SilverBaron

SilverBaron Member Silver Stacker

5oz were not easy to get, I woke up a 6am on day of release, saw them on multiple website, but didn't pull the trigger,

I went to work, then at 1pm, bullion money sold out, bullionclub were sold out, goldstacker were not sold out, but I could only buy 1, other suppliers also sold out.

So I was left with 1 5oz dragon from goldstackers

$220 from bb might end up being a really good buy

5. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

I checked Goldstackers, competitive prices but out of stock on a number of key items.

6. Matthew 26:14

I notice apmex have dropped their 1oz dragon prices into the $80's rather than $99 each. I guess if you control 50% of the market you also control the price.

7. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Struggling to keep up with demand - feels like that at any one time we're waiting on a couple of new cars worth of stock to arrive from our different suppliers!

8. Matthew 26:14

^^^ Aussie business struggles away while apmex and cohorts get the red carpet treatment, disgusting.

9. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

whats new?

10. goldpelican

More an indication of the market!!

11. waievolution

waievolution New Member

got one oz privy and 4 two oz silver dragon from perth mint today. ok so they made a privy of the 1 oz coin. they could of at least made the privy another dragon instead of a lion....., bought to add to my dragon collection but think the original 1 oz silver dragon will be worth more in the long run as it is the first edition...

I also think that it is very odd that they place limits on the 1/2 oz, 2 oz and 5 oz silver bullion dragons where as in the past this has never occurred. i think if there wasnt any limits the price of silver would be a lot higher than what it is now..... there obviously put a limit there because if they didnt pm would be making silver dragons for the rest of the year or take years to complete the orders that they would receive for the silver bullions.

12. silver kook

silver kook Active Member

just checked perth mint website, the 2 oz dragons are unavailable as of now...

13. Sultan Pepper

Sultan Pepper Member

Hmmm should I snaffle a 2oz while I've still got the chance?

14. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

For bullion prices = YES!

15. Sultan Pepper

Sultan Pepper Member

I've generally got a theory about what I'm prepared to pay, and $80.70 +$10 postage is a bit above it. Although it's a nifty little piece and I don't have any 2 oz rounds as yet.

16. ironwood

ironwood Active Member Silver Stacker

Anyone know the issue price of the 2012 LUNAR II SERIES "YEAR OF THE DRAGON" colored 2 OZ SILVER in PM capsule.

17. goldpelican

~$83 AUD - they are sold on a bullion basis.

18. Matthew 26:14

Any clues as to where the 1oz colorized, 2oz colorized or 5oz colorized can be bought at this price range ?

19. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

Nowhere

20. Matthew 26:14

Any clues on how I can order from that place? :rolleyes: