Question 10g Gold or 15oz Silver?

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by SeeD, Feb 29, 2012.

1. SeeD

SeeD New Member

10g Gold at $535.45
    or
    15oz Silver at 536.36

Any input guys ... and your reason for it? Abit indecisive as to which to choose. :)

2. Silverbullet08

Silverbullet08 New Member

Silver all the way...

3. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

GSR under 50 = buy gold for me, unless you snaffle silver for a song.

4. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

I agree, go with gold if you're buying right now. Don't chase the silver chart :)

5. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Horizontal trades for me, silver for gold - I'm also shifting job lots of Morgan Dollars in to gold & AUD to consolidate - great to see some action after post-Xmas' buying opps too ;)

6. Water&Food

Water&Food New Member

^^^ This.

However, SeeD, I also recommend Aluminium. It is a good time to stock up!!! :cool: /jk

On a serious note:
    If you don't mind speculative investing (in this case 'not really speculating' as it is already known), Iridium is the next exotic metal infatuation for markets - key in coming technology, and the only real alternative to Silicon is Carbon. Now, Carbon has an Electron Gap flaw, hence why for true advancements in technology to take place Carbon still needs another Chemical Element to lift it up, a Bond, forming a Compound, this is where Iridium comes in. Iridium offers exceptional corrosive resistance and superconductive characteristics, but most importantly has superb Electrical Conductivity, taking care of that Carbon flaw Electron Gap problem mentioned earlier.
    Ir-C bonds are a desirable tetrahedron, such as a Ir4(CO)12 cluster.
    Since most people are not allergic to Platinum Metals, you can be assured these metals, which obviously includes Iridium, are essential for any and all human augmentation (i.e. the future of transhumanism).
    Also, it has been suggested the future of visual experience (such as Televisions) rely on Iridium (or Rhodium), as found in current OLED Displays.
    Source: Too much reading.

Only fools believe Graphene/Carbon is the only element needed for future technology. Carbon has flaws on its own, and as with all materials, combining chemical elements to form compounds is best.

But, hey, what do I know? I'm just the usual suspect cripple nobody believes.

Good luck finding Nemo!

7. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Gold @ spot
    Silver @ spot + 5%

Depends on the form of metal.
    If both are just lumps of pure, I'd go with the gold b/c it's closer to spot.

If the gold is a 10g bar and silver is 15 1oz dragons, I'd go with the silver :)

8. SeeD

SeeD New Member

9. Dandan

Dandan New Member

^^^ nice coin and 999 too. However a Silvio Berlusconi commemorative Bunga Bunga party coin is more desirable. For me at least.... :p

10. Butch

Butch Active Member Silver Stacker

Gold ..Gold..Gold.

11. Byron

Byron Guest

Ahhh Iridium aka "The Unripe Gold" and main plot element of a novel by long forgotten South African thriller writer Geoffrey Jenkins!

Seed - i would diversify my holdings. If you have little or no gold, go for the gold. Likewise for silver.