Silver correction?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by BootyBandit, Jan 28, 2012.

1. BootyBandit

BootyBandit New Member

In one of stellas latest video he was mentioning silver could correct back to $23/oz, thats the only reason i didnt buy at $27/oz , but now its just been going up and up and up, i dont mind aslong as it corrects so i can buy in the 20s again, does anybody think it will correct soon?

2. Butch

Butch Active Member Silver Stacker

NO, but in the thirties Yes.

3. silver kook

silver kook Active Member

We just had the correction! I think it will keep going up til it hits $50 US again but nobody really knows for sure otherwise we'd all be billionaires.

4. Scope

Scope New Member

A lot of the price movements are influenced by economic news these days such as the Eurozone crisis and how positive the US economic data is. It's hard for anyone to predict if it'll go up or down.

Having said that, I suspect that silver is making higher lows and higher highs and we may never see silver under $26 for a while but I am just speculating

5. iceblue

iceblue Well-Known Member

In another thread i said back up the truck because after xmas it will rise again, now iam buying gold.
    When silver was this price before xmas, gold was more expensive than current and i feel we are going to see it continue edging upwards.

6. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

Bernancke just confirmed once again that he will do everything he can to fight deflation. If that doesn't make you buy I don't know what will.

7. garmag

garmag Member Silver Stacker

I think he made mention that he was buying (some) at current levels, but the big play was if the price retraced to 23 odd. Picking the market is a tough ask imo. :/

8. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

You really shouldn't let a guy on youtube play with your mind, stella also tried to get people to sink 5k into silver bonds. Just saying, lately he's been off and his bickering and namecalling aimed at other commentators is childish. I don't dislike the guy, I think he generally thinks about PMs the right way, but i'd not base my investing on what he is doing.
    The only commentator worth listening to on youtube in my opinion is: bullorbearreport. Not well known but I tend to agree with nearly everything he says. I think you'll all be hooked if you give him a chance.

As Silverthorn said bernanke has pretty much confirmed at least 2 years of money printing is on the cards. They really only have 2 options:
    1. Financial collapse, and with it a ruined society
    2. Inflation/money printing to delay option 1

Guess which one they have chosen?
    I expected Silver to tank more than it did honestly, sucks for me, but i'm changing my view on it. I think stellas opinion that we won't see $50 silver this year is completely wrong, and if we can gradually move to $50 this time with minor corrections along the way we'll get over it easily.

So in answer to your question I think we're done with the 20s for awhile now, of course some kind of news could change that very quickly.

9. MrSteve

MrSteve New Member

Silver's going to touch 35 and there will be a battle royale to keep it there. I reckon it might dip back to 31-32. If it can hold 35 as support, then we've seen the last of 30 dollar silver.

That's my 2 cents worth!

10. Silverbullet08

Silverbullet08 New Member

Bootybandit are u a day trader? .. or short term seller?
    I just dont understand why ppl squabble over barely a few $$ per oz.
    We all know how far this thing is gonna go.... 100s of dollars per oz... possibly 1000s
    Ive bought at the high 20s.... the low 40s.... and mid 30s....
    i just find it irrelavant to how much it costs now (cos ur buying a lump of steel and throwing it on the pile so to speak).... compared to how long u plan to hold onto it for and when u plan to sell it...
    when it starts mimic'ing gold and jumping 20-50 dollars a day..... would holding back to save 3-4 per oz really matter??

11. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

I find it amazing anyone would get financial advice from a youtube blogger

12. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

"The only commentator worth listening to on youtube in my opinion is: bullorbearreport. Not well known but I tend to agree with nearly everything he says. I think you'll all be hooked if you give him a chance." even though he seems like a nice bloke with good intentions, anybody who is preparing a bug out bag with guns, bows & arrows, compasses, tin food and advicing people to do the same I reckon should be taken with a pinch of salt :rolleyes:

13. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    What Hiho said

14. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

Based on probabilities over the long-term, you are always betting against the odds wanting an asset price to fall rather than rise.

Property, shares, commodities all rise over the long-term. Yes there is dips and falls but over say a 30 year period the prices are very much up.

So yes you can wait for a price dip but the odds say you are betting on a less than 50/50 chance.

15. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

Weren't you complaining that silver wasn't $60/oz by now because you bought at $40/oz+?

And now you want a big dip?

16. Silverman99

Silverman99 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This was latest info I received on Friday from a site I subscribe to and no doubt others on this site may have read it also and as per the other comments on here if we could pick what was going to happen in the market we would all be very wealthy stackers

The USA dictate the economy and when they annouced that interest rates would remain on hold until at least 2014 and that if required they would ease monetary policy (QE3)

I believe they have already starting printing to help out the EU and buy those bonds

Here are a few snippets of the report I received

On Wednesday, thanks to the Bernancubus Fed's announcement they will continue jimmying interest rates down and inflating until 2014, gold shot from $1,670 to $1,705 in a single bound, smashing down $1,680 resistance. Next day it pierced $1,705 AND $1,725.

That carries GOLD PRICE through the downtrend line from September a full three percent and three days, proof enough it is a solid breakout. And for good measure gold also rose above its 150 DMA ($1,686), the rarely broken safety net under gold's bull market.

This week SILVER beat 3260c, then 3300c and 3350c and now stands knocking at the 3400c door, where it meets stout resistance. Most important goal here is for silver to climb above its 300 DMA. During this bull market silver has only rarely broken below this moving average. Whenever it crosses above it again, silver is offering you an extremely low-risk buying point.

Big Picture has come into focus. The SILVER and GOLD PRICE correction has ended, but may correct and bump along sideways for the first quarter or two. Nonetheless, both are headed much, much higher. Gold can hit $2,660 this year, silver might hit 7600c, even 8300c.

Is the bull market over? Merciful heavens, NO! The wild part of the ride is only now beginning.

Well thats just another commentators point of view

17. Silverman99

Silverman99 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

goldprice.org's Daily Silver and Gold Price Commentary posted Friday 27 Jan Sat morning our time

The Gold Price Correction has Ended, Gold can hit $2,600 this Year

18. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

I would love for it to go down to 20's again, but it is a fairly hopeless hope at the moment. Has already purchase a few 10oz dragons to hedge against a large rise in spot while waiting for the 2oz and 5oz ones to come online :)

19. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

To dismiss his financial advice because of something that trivial is just silly, he is very bright, and I don't say that about many people on youtube. I'm going to assume you only watched a tiny portion of 1 video and came to that conclusion, so you're not his target audience.

Just remember Australia is nothing like the US currently, look at what happens when Ford announces they have a few job openings:
    http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1763652/pg5

20. Kawa

Kawa New Member

If you listend to all the Obama Sate of the Union speech last Wednesday it seems apparent that USA are about to spend their way out big time.

The Education reforms in particular I think are amazing however if they even get 30% of what Obama wants then it will cost them hugely.