Australia Post( Tell us your problems )

Discussion in 'Silver' started by banjo, Jan 22, 2012.

1. banjo

banjo Member

Cannot understand why it take's 7 days from NSW. to Vic. registered mail. Cob and co. could do it better. With all our Silver and Gold going round and round the post office would be a good investment.:)

2. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

I think I've got the winning complaint.

Apart from them treating you like a liar when you claim a Platinum bag took 2 or 3 days to be delivered within the next day network, with no delivery attempts in between and it's in black and white in the tracking history, I just got a "payment notice" in the mail for a Platinum Express PREPAID bag that was returned to me as "undeliverable" with a little "underpaid" sticker attached. The letter claimed I had recently posted an item of mail with no postage attached, and "in good faith" Australia Post delivered the mail, and I now owed them $17.70 postage.

The (now) empty prepaid satchel is on my desk, where it was returned about 2 weeks ago. So they didn't deliver it after I paid postage, and they send me a letter claiming they delivered it and I now owed them postage. On a prepaid bag that was well under 3kg. That has a tracking history that shows it was returned as non-deliverable. To a valid address. Client (member of tis site) swears black and blue he was home on the day - the tracking history looks like 3 "delivery attempts" were fudged on the same day 15 mins apart while still in the mailroom. No-one bothered to ring the mobile number that was on the parcel, it was just shipped back to me.

Rang to tear them a new one, and I've been advised that they will be "lenient" in this case and waive the unpaid postage charges. WTF?!?

Got about five green forms to lodge now.

3. Iluvnumbers

Iluvnumbers Member

I cannot understand how they are still in business!

4. goldpelican

Apparently Australian Air Express has just been acquired by Startrack, and in Feb will be reviewing their small business offerings to compete with Australia Post more head-on - I think they want a slice of the eBay action.

5. victorktey

victorktey Member

One word, Government.

6. goldpelican

Nope - the one word is market.

Australia Post has to post a dividend every year to the federal government, they're not being carried - I don't believe there's anything preventing a private enterprise from setting up a competing postal system, except that the market is conditioned to use the "post office".

Australia Post made $241m profit in 2010-11.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I'd love to see a direct competitor or three to Australia post and would give them my business.

8. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Have the same problem.AUS Post just too lazy to deliver packages,especially if u live in a gated community.All the parcels the auspost contractor suppose to deliver it but rather doing that he/she gives the red reminder slip to the postie to throw it in yr mailbox so u can go a collect them.So then why is the high postage especially for packages from overseas.I made a numerous complaint about this issue but little change.Depends on whos working and how "busy" they are:)))

9. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Wow I just had the exact same mail sent to me about being underpaid. I paid it though, it was only 6 bucks but I sat there thinking WTF?

Hope your complaints get through and you get reimbursed, they're bloody crooks.

10. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My housemate ordered something from the UK and from the time it was posted, the Royal Mail had the package to the airport within 12 hours and 28 hours after that it was in Sydney.

That was 18 days ago. It still hasn't arrived.

11. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

9/10 auspost is effective but the one time is always a headache.

I use AAE for larger parcels very cheap and door to door service.

12. iceblue

iceblue Well-Known Member

Local gpo sells express post envelopes, express post platinum service etc, but they do NOT guarantee next day delivery!
    Part of living in the middle of no-where apparently.

13. nasa

nasa New Member

With all complaints piled up.
    It still must be said that Australian post can be one of the most reliable postal services in the world.
    Try posting something of any value to Thailand in particular.
    I have found many problems with undelivered items within Australian post but the answer is registration.
    If an article is registered with Australian post and it goes missing.
    Lodge the registration complaint and I guarantee you it will jump out of hiding within two days.
    Australian post cheap ..(NO). But reliable on registered articles ..(YES).
    Handling of FRAGILE goods. .(NO).. They are very very rough on handling.
    I have seen large FRAGILE marked parcels that you would swear were rolled down the stairs.
    The only answer there is insurance. Then they actually treat them with care.
    I once had a CPU posted from overseas and it went missing in the Australian post.
    It was missing and they claimed it was missing before it got this far.
    However the sender was educated in this matter and they knew how to post properly.
    They actually took the package to the post office and registered it and when they got the receipt
    they put the receipt on the package and photographed the receipt with package and my address was clearly seen.
    When I sent this pic to the Australian post, they claimed the package was accidentally mixed up with military mail.
    But it did jump out of hiding and was delivered within two days.
    You sort of get what you pay for.
    Like I said ..Cheap ..(NO). Reliable ..(YES).
    I once took on a challenge of posting a gemstone to Thailand just to prove I could get it through.
    I thought I was cleaver and put the gemstone inside a tube of toothpaste.
    He never got it. He laughed at me and explained.
    What made you ever think the postal authorities would not steal the toothpaste. .LOL
    So with all complaint considered we must also give credit where credit is due and count out lucky stars.

14. realisticmystic

realisticmystic New Member

Auspost are the worst. Sux dehydrated budgie balls. :|

15. SilverBaron

SilverBaron Member Silver Stacker

My friend who works at the Post Office says, sometimes the delivers a too lazy and just pop the note in the mailbox instead of knocking on the door and getting you to sign it off.

16. Macros_The_Black

Macros_The_Black Member Silver Stacker

Yep had exactly that experience ... at home all day (we work from home), but get a note in the mailbox (happens with AAE too).

I think this btw has happened when our NORMAL AAE or Aust. Post. delivery dude is not working due to holiday or sick-day. (From my recollection and the response from the Post Office)

17. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

I had a delivery from auspost & had told the postie if im not home to take it back to the po after him leaving packages on my doorstep .I come home after being out for an hour & heres a package sitting on my back doorstep & my $800 paslode nail gun was missing .... I left it there because i was working there & only went to the hardware store to get something. & no it didnt turn back up .i made a complaint to auspost but couldnt prove anything .......scumbag i wanted to flog him with a stick .

18. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

The Constitution empowers the Federal Government with authority over the postal system. As such they passed laws prohibiting any company other than Australia Post from delivering the mail. When it comes to parcels, other companies are allowed into that market as they set themselves up as "courier" businesses, thereby not a mail delivery business.

19. spclst69

spclst69 Member

I had a parcel sent on the 15/12/11 it still comes up as lodged with the post office. The post office can't find it....

20. possum

possum Member Silver Stacker

I have had problems with my postman who has since been sacked, but some coins posted from people here took a couple of weeks to arrive. Other mail has taken months. Some statements from the bank did not arrive and i was charged a late fee a couple of times of $25 or more.