Has anybody bought coins from this site?

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Mammon, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Mammon

Mammon New Member

Hi guys!
    Has anybody of you bought coins from this site: http://www.ks-edelmetalle.de/cms/index.php

Never bought from this place before. Would be good to know if anybody has any experience with the site.

Cheers! :)

2. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

Now what would be the chances that is your store hay...

3. Mammon

Mammon New Member

My store, like I am the owner of it? Really?

4. Dirtbikepilot

Dirtbikepilot Active Member

Haven't heard one good word about them as of yet

5. Mammon

Mammon New Member

Have you heard any bad?

6. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

I have never dealt with them, I havent had much luck or good experiences with German PM Dealers , but I am sure there are some good ones.

7. Mammon

Mammon New Member

Have you had any bad experiences with them?

8. heike1a2b3c

heike1a2b3c New Member

Looks ok to me. Everything seems to be very well and professionally organised. The german is definitely good and not a scam site. I would just definitely make sure that you enquire of the actual postage costs before committing. Postage from Germany is always very prohibitively expensive to send to Australia. But then again our own Australia Post has been trying to catch up with their continual increases in costs. Even airmail will take 14 days from a capital city to a capital city.

9. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I believe they are selling on feebay too...

10. Mammon

Mammon New Member

I think it should be alright. What is expensive on the other hand is shipping coins from Gold&Silver in the US to China. Wanted to lay down and cry when I saw the price.

14 days within Australia is insane!

Thanks for the comment ;)

11. Silber

Silber Member

It looks OK from the first glance. Of course, the website alone does not mean anything, but for example, the "Impressum" contains an address, a (non-mobile) phone number and the identification of the owner and legal registration numbers...

However, I've not heard much about them before, and a websearch did not bring many results (even on sites where they are collecting and summarizing buyer experiences also for not-so-well-known sites) - this might, however, just indicate that they are relatively new on the market...

But... I'm curious: Why are you specifically asking about this site? If you're located in Europe, it would be more likely that someone in a German forum could tall about his experiences. If you're located outside of Europe, shipping might be too expensive (and there's probably nothing on their site that you could not get cheaper in Australia, for example...)

12. Anthony

Anthony New Member

Never heard of them before.

I would recommend that you look elsewhere for a dealer with a good reputation amongst forum members here if you wish to make a purchase.

No point taking the risk and going with an unknown which can't be vouched for by reputable people amongst the forums.

13. Mammon

Mammon New Member

Thanks for your input guys.

Thats what I am thinking to, mostly the reason I posted the site here to see if anybody had some good info about the shop.

Well I have somewhat of a dilemma. I am currently located in China. But I need to send some silver to Sweden. Sweden puts 25% tax on silver, both silver bought in Sweden and silver from outside of the EU. A friend of mine bought some coins from this site a year ago maybe. But that's a while ago.

I have been trying to get my hands on some normal priced pandas in China, but without any luck. No matter if I get any coins in China or not I have to buy some coins for the current spot price and send them to Sweden.

Had some correspondence with the site I posted here and they seem legit, but you never know. Another problem is the limited access to the internet here in China. They block a lot of info, so searching for coins gets a bit troublesome at times.

What to do what to do..

Any ideas guys? Maybe a coin shop within the EU that has a good reputation and good prices? :)

14. AndyRoo68

AndyRoo68 Member Silver Stacker

I have bought a few coins from here: http://www.ma-shops.com/pollandt/index.php5?logout=yes&lang=en. The cheapest postal rates I have come across for any dealer in Europe. Great range, have never had a problem with them, can pay with PayPal, they have even emailed me later just to check that I was happy with their service.