[Opinion] Protecting the bears for less than a cent :)

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by yennus, Jan 15, 2012.

1. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

One thing thing that I've started doing since someone complained that a silver Panda I sent them had a scratched capsule, is sealing them in resealable bags.

I've also considered that this may also be a good way to prevent moisture from affecting the bears in the long term.

Many things are cheaper in China, including these bags. At just under a cent per resealable bag, it's not a bad investment that should hopefully stop complaints about scratched capsules and may actually help keep moisture out.

If anyone is interested, I've got plenty of these bags available at $0.85 for 100pieces ($0.0085 per bag). Pretty good in my books for something less than a cent! :)

I am fairly confident Officeworks or most stationery stores should have these available too.

[imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/675_resealablebags.jpg][​IMG][/imgz]

[imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/675_img_3306.jpeg][​IMG][/imgz]

[imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/675_img_2554.jpeg][​IMG][/imgz]

They also fit Maples and ASE's. Pretty much all my ASEs that I now sell also come in these bags to prevent the coins from rubbing against each other during transport, or from getting fingered when packing.

2. Dandan

Dandan New Member

Having digital scales and 1000's of little ziplock bags lying around the house..... Wow, that "intent to distribute" if I ever saw it. Distributing pandas of course.

3. Anthony

Anthony New Member

+1 for doing the same.

There are a large variety on eBay all for about those prices. I also have slabs in bigger ziplock bags.

4. серебро

серебро New Member

Make sure they are polyethylene bags or the plastic will damage the coins

5. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Reminds me of Breaking Bad.

My pandas will be protected from hydroflouric acid!

6. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yep, pretty sure the bags are polyethylene :)

Hopefully my bears (Koalas and Pandas) will be protected from that really dangerous H2O hanging around in the air :)

7. heyimderrick

heyimderrick Active Member

I do the same thing with my slabs, except I was able to find poly sheets called 'slab protectors' instead of using baggies.