China

Discussion in 'Silver' started by SilverNash, Jan 11, 2012.

1. SilverNash

SilverNash New Member

If it werent for those Panda's and their cheap but very well made scales, a boycott on all chinese imports of silver, eBay sellers and the like from China would certainly have an effect on the ammount of fakes made and their economy (if there were enough of us to even dent it that is*)

READ: this is just an opinion to be discussed in an open way from both sides, just wanting to get some real** debatimg going here

*which there are not
    ** But friendly

2. серебро

серебро New Member

so how long will it take for this become just anoter thread of Chinese bashing?

3. SilverNash

SilverNash New Member

Doubt it'll be long, I did say about a fair debate but lets face it they do good food and panda's then fake the rest...

(oooops already started)

...but no seriously it is becoming a nuisance and the law is something that mainland should force on HK & TW to strengthen relations with the rest of the world.

4. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Are you suggesting that HK and TW are responsible for the fakes and not mainland China?

If so [Citation needed].

5. SilverNash

SilverNash New Member

Alright fishball, point taken...but i'm saying death penalty should be in place there too, it would at least deter a few of the less good quality fakes producers making their bars/coins.

Im also trying to put the point across its not the whole of China to blame (as Im not for a bashing thread) but the criminals finding their way round or plain hiding from the law (who generally counterfeit in these areas)

6. серебро

серебро New Member

Have to agree with you 100%. The culture of copying has been around for 100s of years in china. I cant see them changing anytime soon. With the thirst of western culture for all things branded, clothes shoes ect and not looking like it will die down then people will always buy knock offs for 1/4 of price. No matter where you go there are always cheap knock offs to found.
    And I cant see a boycott happenning, it would take too many people for it to work

7. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

You will find majority of the fake stuff comes from the mainland:

- Fake baby milk powder
    - Fake cooking oil
    - Fake booze (methanol)
    - Fake coins
    - Fake eggs
    - Fake luxury branded goods

Source(s): http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=...02l0l6811l39l30l0l18l0l0l360l1594l0.3.2.2l7l0 (Milk powder)

They wouldn't be buying from Hong Kong if fakes came from Hong Kong...

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=...l4311l0l4390l28l14l0l0l0l1l250l1672l0.1.7l8l0 (Fake eggs)

The only fake stuff in Hong Kong (I know of) are the bootleg DVDs you buy from places like 168 etc... if they even exist in this day and age.

There are also rumours of fake coins/bars coming from Germany, and not China.

8. SilverNash

SilverNash New Member

Way too many people, i doubt it would ever be possible even if the whole of europe were in on it maybe not even europe + Aus + Antarctica (ok thats a few guys in a tent, not a good example) but yeah literally millions of people

9. SilverNash

SilverNash New Member

Germany wouldnt surprise me faking things, but then i bet we must have a few hundred including the Irish. You'll get fake items wherever you go and with todays stupid culture of "Gotta show off all I've got" it's going to get worse

10. No1joey

No1joey Member Silver Stacker

American sellers are buying fakes from china in order to re sell from their country to give it some credibility. Fakes I bought off Aussie ebayer got em off supplier in USA n they were made in quangdong.

Only way to beat this is to insist when your buying that they weren't supplied from China unless pandas of course and they have always tested their products from their supplier

11. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The people of China are suffering from the fakes being made there even more than people in the West. Fake rice, eggs, cooking oil and wine are damaging the health of innocent people, and reputable Chinese businesses are also having their brands diminished by local copies. Spare a thought for the people living in China, it's bad when someone in Australia gets a counterfeit coin out of China, but that's nothing compared to having your child made sick by someone making fake food.

12. Earthjade

Earthjade Member

They've been faking a government for the last 60 years as well...

13. Smoothcriminal

Smoothcriminal New Member Silver Stacker

My main concern is fake medicine which is prevelent in Africa and China and has been found creeping into Europe despite the quality controls.

14. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

I can't help but think you're just overly paranoid about fakes.

15. Silver Somchai

Silver Somchai New Member

Caveat emptor.
    I can't really say I've got much sympathy. As everyone knows, the risk assumed by the buyer is the opportunity cost of cheaper prices.