Jim Sinclair on gold

Discussion in 'Gold' started by Wout, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Wout

Wout New Member

2. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

From the article:

The problem for gold investors is that in the event of re-monetisation of gold, most governments will turn to confiscation "in the national interest" and paint those who own any gold as "anti social and greedy criminals".

3. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

Not concerned about that personally. I think confiscation is in the past.

the more worrying concern is a potential one-off 90% or so tax on profits made from gold in order to ensure "fairness" ie. it wouldn't be fair for those who had the foresight to benefit where everyone else didn't. Jim Rickards describes the possibility in his book. And you know how Aussies love to cut down tall poppies or those they think have gained wealth unfairly due to circumstances (mining super profit tax anyone?).

4. Wout

Wout New Member

They will do something thats for sure an most likely it wont be good for us

5. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I see a combination of both and I have my tipping point for when to get out. I think gold will ultimately go towards 10k an oz and around about that time some slimy green eyed public servant will propose a super tax on individuals 'profiteering' from the collapse of economies and the politicians will grasp it like a straw.

I also think that it will happen before 2014 so until Obama is re-elected and then after when martial law is imposed in the US in a few large cities like LA, there is room to move. On my calendar that is the beginning of the EndGame. The powers won't let the price of gold get too high, and so my exit will be at their pleasure at a point prior, but at least I'm ahead of the population who are just "hoping that it turns out well".

6. 2 Oz

2 Oz New Member

Years ago I played a game of poker using fresh unburnt matches as the ante, there just wasn't enough matches in the ante to fund the big time bets, so...
    It was agreed that a burnt match was worth twice as much as a fresh unburnt match

Needless to say, the game didn't go on for much longer and all we were left with was a pile of useless burnt matches