Opinion Singapore Dollar

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by richietheb, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

No offense meant Dwayne, my opinion is pointed towards the risk overall with investing any amount in a third party risk situation as opposed to actually holding the investment in a physical form in your own hands hence the above statement. The current environment is unlike any seen before and the potential for loss of non physical investments that you do not actually hold is far greater.

I must offer an unreserved apology for my Tesky bitch statement posted above as it as a result of our former discourse of which you are aware and which is also unrelated to the current discussion and I apologize for dragging a former opinion into the current discussion.

That aside I can not for the life of me understand why a person of your smarts would risk investing hard earned in a market which is so obviously rigged and at risk of losing it all as opposed to something which is at your fingertips so to speak. For sure it is a blanket statement but i fail to see the danger in my approach as opposed to yours .

The Euro is dead, Europe and the U.S are headed for a deep recession in the coming year, even a redneck like me can see that. The risk is it happens overnight and everything is locked , frozen, caput.

How would you get your investment out ?

2. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

Hey, I personally wouldn't put 100k in something like that - that's more than I would be willing to risk on that particular speculative play.

Sure, it's possible that the SHTF could happen tomorrow, but other scenarios are also possible in the short-medium term and being prepared for a range of scenarios just seems sensible to me.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I can accept that a person with the experience and watching the market 24/7 may be able to either hedge or manipulate a small gain in the current market, with real experience even produce a good gain.

But at what risk overall in the current market? I am still of the strong belief that a bird in the hand is worth two in the market, especially the current one.

4. Ouch

Ouch Active Member

What was the reason for the SGD staying strong in 2009 and why would it stay strong if GFC2 were to happen?

5. richietheb

richietheb New Member

They did well.becausethey actually do stuff and haven,t sold all their worthwhile assets. GFC 2 should be no different. Their currency isn't inflated with false hope like ours.

6. Ouch

Ouch Active Member

GFC1 was about America, GFC2 is probably going to originate from Europe if it happens so what do you make of the report below?

Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/08/us-economy-asia-outlook-idUSTRE7B70AD20111208

7. richietheb

richietheb New Member

Well when I get back to Sydney I,ll be looking in to that and it seems it,s back to precious metals and it seems most countries have been made a mess of. Thanks for the info it may turn out very useful.