I've had enough !

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Lurkalot, Nov 17, 2011.

1. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

If silver didn't have an industrial aspect, we would have had like a 700,000,000 oz surplus in supply per year for the last however many years!

The above ground silver supply would be in the tens of billions.

2. wilkes

wilkes Member

Wow!!! Silver sale, check out that crazy dive!!! I don't know how I will ever hold onto my PM's at this rate....

3. Photonaware

Photonaware Active Member

If you want to speculate, Greek bonds will get you over 30% but PMs should at least hold their purchasing power as the Fiat continues to loose value. Prime minister,Cameron, today is asking Germany to consider printing billions of Euros but the Germans have experienced hyperinflation and are right resisting. To get the playboy lifestyle try playing football or becoming a stock trader or city (wh)b-anker.

4. RomanControl

RomanControl New Member

I was just reading that in the depression of 1893 when silver and gold were used for money. Gold price went up whilst silver plummetted
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panic_of_1893

Ive found alot of historical info about gold being a great investment in the '29 depression, but can't find how silver faired

Also a major difference from now to then is that we don't have a bouyant stockmarket , a crash isn't going to surprise anyone

Has anyone researched silver's performance in the great depression?

I find it a little sobering to find that even when silver and gold were monetary metals, people rushed from silver to gold in the 1893 collapse.

5. gbickle

gbickle Member

6. Lav

Lav New Member

I think it was different back then because silver wasn't used industrially like it is now and there was a much bigger abundance of it.

7. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

"I've had enough!" too - my patience has worn then thin with this up and down between the $31 and $34 mark over the past few months...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mevxenJ6Mtc

either crash! or go to the wucking moon you bloody piece of metal (brain explosion) :eek: but just don't dither :mad:

8. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

Bubbles are fine thats how you make money, if you have indicators to know that the bubble is building up to much pressure then you sell previous to it or you short on the way down. One of the important things is bubble isn't a direct correlation with price. If property was averaging 3 million dollars in sydney and everyone was paying cash and there is an undersupply the price doesnt state that its in a bubble even though the majority of people could not afford it. Silver reaching 50 earlier was because of leverage, people getting into mania mode using money they dont have to hold a position. If you are leveraged it makes it that much easier to let go of your investment if things arnt working fine, meaning the price can deflate or pop that much faster.

When silver starts moving back to 50 i will be watching the open interests and looking at the margins that the comex is enforcing. If the comex is enforcing 100% margins or even 50% margins and silver is hitting $50 then id still be stacking HARD, where else the last time silver was reaching $50 i was busy offloading cause margins where like 5% ... it all depends on the circumstances of the price .... not just the price alone ...

9. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

10. Dan Unda

Dan Unda Member Silver Stacker

Umm, sorry about the delay, musta missed this post :/

You said "I just want Gold @ $3,500 and silver @ $150. I'm sick and tired of waiting too. I want it now, right now!"

No problem, no problem at all... I'll sell ya some gold @ $3,500/oz and silver @ $150/oz.... How much do ya need ?? :D :D
    (I'm amazed no-one has taken ya up on your generous offer before now) :rolleyes:

;) :)

11. MetalMajix

MetalMajix Member

12. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

Man ... sometimes i can't help but think turk is like the pied piper playing his music and leading all the rats into the pier to jump off into the abyss, its always "TO DA MOON" with this guy when really its to the slaughter house, he did that when silver was rallying to $50, then when it doesn't or there is a massive correction there is always some excuse LOL.

No one wants to hear that unless you like to kid yourself, whats important or worth listening to is raw facts to make your decision, telling people silver is going to move to $70 is silly. What is the time period anyway, its all wishwash , the shorts have had their fun now its the longs turn, whats that mean, if he comes back 2 years later and says i told you so thats going to be pretty useless. Whats does "the next few months" mean ... But as always lets watch and see if we will reach $70 (in the next few months) ... :)

13. MelbBrad

MelbBrad New Member

Can someone, ANYONE, explain to me the merits of technical charting analysis in a manipulated market?

14. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

Dont worry about manipulated markets ... in any market, even stable ones it requires you to combine some fundamentals ESPECIALLY if your more then just a day trader trading day to day and following the trend, closing the positions once your done for the day. Right now we have markets that are not only manipulated (to some extent) we have black swans waiting to take off into flight ! If your going to rely on those charts in this kind of climate be my guest but there are risks. I have alot of respect for the patterns and mathematics that underpin a lot of what happens in the financial system, but in this climate it would be very scary to just rely on it alone.

There is lots of theory behind charting along with its origins so you can look them up and decide if you think those things will hold up if black swans start taking off ... its better you just get an understanding of what is what with charting and then you can decide if its really going to tell you what you want in this climate.

15. MetalMajix

MetalMajix Member

16. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

BALLS! :lol:

17. Cimexus

Cimexus Member

18. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

lol, kinda true :p
    At least you don't talk yourself up like you're above everyone else, you have to be a pretty sad individual to do that.

I won't mention who i'm talking about but it's pretty bloody obvious, if you boast and insult via PM then you shouldn't be welcome here.
    Darn... made it too obvious.

19. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

I somewhat agree with that ;) its within the range, a little early but its plausible ... but NOTE the starting date March 2012. The key and the hidden message is there ... remember that they are not allowed to do QE now because markets are perceived as healthy so doing QE would not be approved .. for another QE round to be passed what state do you think the markets need to be in for it to be approved. Just think back to the state of the economy before TARP, QE1 & QE2 was approved and remember the price of gold and silver at the time ... dont know about you , but i don't wanna be holding metals heading up to the period when QE's will be approved...AFTER that however, is a whole different ball game ...

20. Wout

Wout New Member

we share very similar lifestyle aspirations hahaha

agree with above post, big market crash and commodities hit hard before QE3. I believe the Fed will send the helicopters in when Europe crashes, Its only a matter of time... BTFD on gold when it comes!!!