Europe is on Fire! Get ready!

Discussion in 'Silver' started by benmopar318, Nov 24, 2011.

1. benmopar318

benmopar318 New Member

2. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

I see no evidence that man is wearing pants
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alwAsBLP8ic[/youtube]
    but seriously guys buy some spam a big gun and some silver and sleep on it and you will sleep like a baby

3. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

Some news to add to the info http://www.smh.com.au/business/gfc-ii-on-its-way-norris-20111124-1nwx1.html

Germany had trouble selling bonds ....

If you own alot of gold and silver either put your hedges in place for atleast the next year if you dont wanna loose money on them or short market via whatever way your comfortable. Its a gamble but seems like the time is now, unless a rabbit is pulled out of the FED tophat.

4. benmopar318

benmopar318 New Member

5. even flow

even flow New Member

I think having our metals priced in AUD is a pretty good hedge :lol:

6. benmopar318

benmopar318 New Member

http://www.stevequayle.com/index1.html
    Volatility Increasing Don't Panic At The Precious Metals Extremes Very Soon ALL Paper Markets Will Experience Global Lock Up

November 21, 2011
    Steve Quayle

The world's newspaper headlines are now starting to trumpet what most of you have known for years. The global financial markets are in a planned upheaval and shutdown implementation mode.The "Order Out of Chaos" mantra is the New World Order's blueprint for destruction of sovereign nations to bring about one world government and a one world currency.

The purpose in buying precious metals for the informed is two-fold: To preserve purchasing power against currency devaluation and inflation, and to have a means of universal and local barter currency that will be usable for the time when no current paper money will be accepted by anyone.

Please understand that the central banks are still using their considerable influence to sell the paper gold and silver markets short in order to acquire massive amounts of physical metals at manipulated panic selling prices. The physical supply of silver is very slim at this point, as the physical prices at which sellers are offering their available silver is diverging from the spot price of margined silver by an ever increasing higher price.

"If you can't touch it -you don't own it". Period. Take physical possession of all your stored metals now - ASAP - if stored in the possession of 3rd parties.

Ask yourself, are you ready when the panic is so great that you can't get through to your brokers,storage facilities or bank on the phone or through E-mail? For those who own the precious metals and continually complain about the ups and downs of the market, I suggest you never understood the reason for having them in the first place and should sell them and acquire "teddy bear futures". Then you can feel warm and cuddly as you complain about having nothing to eat!

Don't be surprised should silver touch $28-29 an ounce or gold at $1625 for if it does, it will be brief. The Central Banks, Sovereign Wealth Funds and all capable buyers will on the next smackdown, poised with an unimaginable appetite resulting in a buying frenzy, which should drive the prices to historic highs and all the "teddy bear futures holders" wring their hands in despair.

7. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

Which is why you should be afraid. If your thinking that paper silver / gold will disconnect from the price of physical (at this moment) your kidding yourself, but i guess you can test it for your self :) Let the price fall assuming we get a GFC repeat, let it fall to 1300 or 1200 and then try to sell it for 1700 or 2000 and see if anyone buys, if no one buys it means you just lost 30% of your net worth at this period of time if you didn't hedge. Once all those paper futures, options, etfs get sold due to liquidity freezing and people needing money, the price of metals physical or not will hit rock bottom. If your comfortable with that , then its ok, cause it wont be for long metals will rise with avengence again soon just not if we get liquidity crisis. But if you want to maintain the value you built over time you better get your hedges in otherwise your going to loose 30 or so percent *IF* we get a repeat of 08.

The only way physical metals will disconnect from paper is if there is a loss of confidence in fiat. A depression or a deflationary scenario does not mean loss in confidence, it means that the demand for it increases not a loss in confidence. Loss in confidence happens when you can no longer buy what you want or when there is no stability in fiat (today 10K gets me a car tomorrow it gets me a loaf of bread). If we get a repeat of GFC it doesn't mean we loose confidence it just means there is no liquidity. This is two very different things and they should not be mixed up.

The fact that germany could not sell their bonds means, they couldn't borrow anymore, this means there is still confidence in fiat, they needed it and want it, just means no one wants to give them any and hence the whole euro is up the creek without a paddle.

But its true as the article said in the last line, once gold hits the bottom of its support levels i personally am going to buy myself a dump truck and load the mofo up with some metals, it will be a buying frenzy, that is as long as i dont go bust with my current positions and that they do work out as planned LOL :lol:

8. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

The horizon has china's property bubble popping severely and also has china's economy slowing down due to various other issues, this infact is australia's life blood. If china's economy suffers AUD will fall and wont be a hedge as it has been so far.

I was curious to see how bad the bubble was in china by comparing average wage and housing prices and i looked at a few apartments in china, in china apartments go for $450,000 for a two bedroom, seems like the same prices as you get in sydney right ... the only difference is , people earn about $900 - $1500 AUD a month as a REALLY good salary. Its gotta make you think, if its that unaffordable who the hell is keeping the prices up ? Are there enough rich chinese business men to keep the market up or is the government just buying them up and leaving them empty to prop the prices up ? If thats the case desolate apartments with no one living there isn't going to be good for their economy.

No matter how bad the bubble is here atleast the average salary is about $65K or so, much better then it is in china :| if china pops our economy is following suite ...

9. Stedlar

Stedlar Active Member

It is all still going take much longer than you think.

The skill with which tptb are able to extend things is something to watch.

You should be prepared to be prepared for a very long time.

10. BlackSheep

BlackSheep Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That seems counter-intuitive to me :/

I agree that if China's economy hits the wall the AUD will fall.

Gold is priced in USD, if the AUD weakens PM's priced in AUD rise

i.e. AUD invested in PM's is Hedged

Am I missing something here?

11. Ouch

Ouch Active Member

I fear if China falls the first thing they'll try to sell to raise cash is gold and silver.

12. BlackSheep

BlackSheep Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I guess that's the 64 Trillion dollar question - will a (partially) gold backed currency of trade be in vogue or not in the years ahead?

13. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

For china i agree, for the GFC2 i reckon its within this year, though im know that collaboration and rabbits out of hats between ecb and fed can make it go for longer and longer. I guess you need to take a position if you want to make some $$ or protect your $$. Im just taking the most probable one, dont know if its right but its the MOST probable in my eyes. Im definitely not discounting these tossers can make it drag on till 2013 and 2014 (which would suck) but CHANCES are they can't so ill take that position.

14. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Look at all these European economies in trouble, don't see them rushing to sell their gold! Quite the opposite, a vassal installed dictator is needed to release their death grip on gold

15. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

No sorry, your right in that sense, i kinda was talking in general as in there isnt a hedge at all cause everything will fall so AUD , USD etc , gold will fall with the USD and AUD. I guess when i mean hedge i mean explicit one, not an implicit one with many other variables. I guess the safest kind of hedge is where you actually hedge against your silver holdings via paper. So get put or call options (depending on what paper you buy) on your holdings for the period you think things may look bad (for example). I guess it would be worth it if you got a massive holdings like 2000+ or something, well maybe even 1000+. It costs abit but its no different then paying a premium on house insurance for that peace of mind...

16. benmopar318

benmopar318 New Member

China, Sprott and The Ultimate Exit Strategy
    Here is a video from "Mad" Max Keiser about China using silver a a reserve asset in people's bank accounts
    http://dont-tread-on.me/?p=10662

17. MetalMajix

MetalMajix Member

I reiterate what I said the other day. $1600.00 gold, $27.00 silver and 10,000 on the Dow Industrials in soon enough time. I would not be shocked to see these levels breached by the end of the year. Personally, I am in cash saving mode. I am not playing the markets, metals or gambling on the words of some dishonest politician. I am looking to save as much as I can. I expect significantly worse economic conditions than we have seen the last two years or so and I reiterate the old saying that today rings truer "cash is king". You may disagree, and chose to rebut my logic and I respect open and honest two way discourse. However, if anyone so choses to rebut my current opinion all I ask is that you address this in your reply; What's worth more to you today in terms of purchasing power .. the $50.00 bill in my wallet or the $50.00 silver round purchased by some near the highs earlier this year?

http://thefundamentalview.blogspot.com/

18. Stedlar

Stedlar Active Member

Which means nothing here really if you don't know what the AUD is going to do. With AUD/USD at 80cents, a USD27 silver would be AUD33.75. Higher than where it is now.

In a crashing world, the AUD will crash as well.

19. Aengrod

Aengrod Member

Well the 50$ bill in YOUR wallet is worth nothing to me.

20. benmopar318

benmopar318 New Member

it is best to have cash on hand and prepared as best as each one can to their own circumstance and when you have a little extra always add to the stack of silver/gold bullion:D