Euro Debt Crisis Drives Gold Rush - CNN 17/11

Discussion in 'Gold' started by VRS, Nov 18, 2011.

1. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

2. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

This is my first post! In the last 6months I have learned a great deal of what's 'really' going on..... Overnight gold dropped approx $80 per ounce....Just like the much bigger drop a few weeks ago (apparently gov. manipulation)..... But it will all rise up again soon as they 'the sheeple' finally realise where they will soon be standing.
    I just wish i'd known about all this economic armaggedon a few years ago so i could have been stocking sooner ....Oh well better late than never..... And good luck to everyone in the coming weeks of the biggest meltdown mankind has EVER seen....God Bless!

3. Midnight Man

Midnight Man Member Silver Stacker

Did anyone play the video on the page linked above (How much gold should you have)?

This struck me as good advice... (sarcasm)

"Gold may fall in value, so no more than 5% of your money in gold - better yet, keep it in the bank in an FDIC insured account".

I'm really just sitting back, on one hand feeling sorry for those being sucked in by this crap, on the other hand, waiting for the impending train wreck, followed by wailing and gnashing of teeth (I'm not madly religious, but I reckon the Bible got that bit right - there's gonna be a hella wailing when this whole shebang goes pop).

4. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Assuming the whole basis of the scam was to prise assets of real value from the population and convert them to paper (fiat) its not surprising that even now FA's all across the World are still recommending pm ETF's to clients... Pity the poor suckers... Whilst all the big banks are currently playing hide the phys under coconut shells... Like I said earlier today just 100,000 contracts traded daily in paper is more physical silver than exists, refined & above ground... When WILL the sheeple wake up, and when WILL these products be banned? The answer is probably never because the Morgue would bring down the US$... So the crooksters remain, at least temporarily, out of reach... They think...

;)x

5. pmbug

pmbug Active Member

TheEnd - welcome to the party.

6. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Thanks Pm ....... I used to spend my time on car forums..... Now my time is spent following something so big, it's hard to explain to 'the sheeple'..... The worst part for me at the moment is my other half is not allowing me to invest my money in PM's because we are right in the middle of house selling/buying and my deposit needs to used for that...... I keep telling her sooooo much is at stake and we need to prepare ourselves for the biggest shock many have never seen or think is possible.... Anyways, most of time will be spent on this forum now!

7. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Gerald Celente has just been burned to the tune of six figures. He was playing it safe by having a contract for delivery and the money to complete it. See my thread created today

8. RCM

RCM New Member

Celente getting "burned" through MF Global's treachery and his publicizing it may do more to getting his message out than anything he could have done or said before.

As Celente alluded, when the masses wake up and realize the possibility exists that the brokerage statement they review each month which may contain their 401K, IRA, or other brokerage account may actually be a giant PONZI SCHEME, it's going to get very nasty. MF Global may only be the first domino to fall.

Millions lost trillions during the collapse in 2008/2009 and to even consider what they have left may not actually exisit is going to be maddening. :mad:

9. Wout

Wout New Member

Hey welcome, I used to be the same, Im glad I woke up too (around May this year) and learnt what is really happening...

Dw there will be plenty of dips for you to buy on after your sorted with your house, gold is what alot of people will sell when markets crash to cover losses because it has had such a good run and every time that happens you get a correction and weak hands are shaken out of their positions which is good because a strong bull market needs those corrections to make foundations and move higher

good luck with your house and keep up educating yourself about what really matters :)

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Celente believes that the big meltdown will happen just after Christmas. His reasoning is that they wanna get everyone suckered into maxing out their credit cards before all hell breaks loose.

11. Midnight Man

I could believe that, and it makes sense - I don't know numbers off the top of my head, but a huge amount of debt is accumulated on credit cards over that time period, I'm sure.

Only question is, if all goes to hell in a handbasket, and there's a "debt forgiveness" (or jubilee, as I think it may be called?), would that not actually "help" people, rather than hinder them (assuming the "big picture plan" is to make everyone poor etc)?

12. Mi lao shu

Mi lao shu Member

I didn't know for this Celente predictions, but my was absolutely same from same reasons, perhaps 2nd part of January.

13. BlackSheep

BlackSheep Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My gut feel is that if there were to be a debt jubilee it would apply to debt between nations and not us little people - TBH if it did apply to everyone I'd be pi$$ed off that I could have been living high on the hog instead of scrimping and saving all these years! :mad: :lol:

14. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Steve Keen is starting to formulate how a national Debt Jubilee would work so that it wouldn't penalise the savers.

the way i understand it is, everyone gets a (Rudd Style) cash handout... only those with debt could not spend it...it has to go to paying off their debt.

EDIT; Dead Link Removed

15. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

I like it better the other options put forward, BTW i get this "This video is private.
    Sorry about that."

16. Clawhammer

Sorry Lads and Ladettes.. it's still being hosted on Max Keiser's site...about a quarter of the way down the page...you'll see a pic of Steve Keen under the Banner "HARDTALK"

http://maxkeiser.com/

[​IMG]

sorry 'bout that!

17. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Same error msg there.. maybe you need to be logged in

18. Clawhammer

Hmmm? [email protected]'s doing it to me now...I've never had to log-in to Max Keiser.

Damn, It was up last night!..anyway, the gist of it is as I wrote.

The video might be available on Steve Keen's Debtwatch site...but I'm blocked from it here at work!

19. Midnight Man

Good point Black Sheep, and something I hadn't stopped to consider until now - thank you!

Given that you're a bit stuck, Clawhammer, I had a bit of a hunt around... I think I've found the video you're referring to here (just to save others from Googling etc, thank you to Clawhammer for finding this!): http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/hardtalk/9641873.stm

20. Lav

Lav New Member

no chance of a debt jubilee