Does anyone know wtf's happening with Dragons right now?

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by VRS, Nov 14, 2011.

1. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm getting really mixed signals on some of the PM silver dragons right now (Im not doing gold drags so have no idea there) which seems really odd - 10oz, 1oz proof (plain), 2oz YES, all good - 1kg bu, Typeset 4-coin, 1oz bu, 1oz gilded & 1oz Coloured proofs NO, real tough on the street - Is anyone else seeing this?

;) x

2. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Dead in the water,If your finding them hard to move
    I'll give you face value

3. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

I'll double spannermonkey's offer

4. alex.ross

alex.ross New Member

I disagree with some of your observations. With the typesets, the sellers are asking way too much for them (more than 80% markup), while the buyers are not willing to pay for the excessive markup. There were 4 sets of dragon typesets selling like hotcakes yesterday when the seller asked for $588 each.

1 oz bu, again: SSers are selling them for $60-$65 a coin. I bet you there are willing buyers if the price is around $50 mark.

Coloured proofs and gilded: No comments, but past year coloured proofs and gilded haven't worked out so well. I'm not surprised. But I'm sure there are willing buyers around $150 mark for coloured proofs.

1 KG bu: Maybe people are just not interested in buying bigger coins as they prefer to buy bars to keep the premium low.

It's always the question of finding the 'right' price for both the buyers and sellers, IMO.

5. knowles3

knowles3 Member

so will i

6. waievolution

waievolution New Member

typeset dragons are still doing well geting on average $850 and above. even in australia. on fleabay that is. + sellers of the typesets are now getting more when they first hit on the secondary market.

7. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

slayer for hire, sent them to me :p

8. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Meh, I have been buying the 1oz proofs for $115 and selling them for $150, they go quick enough.

At that price I can make an easy $35 for being in the right place at the right time and willing to take a punt, and the person who buys them off of me can also flip them pretty quick for a $40-50 themselves.

If I sold them myself for $200 the person who buys them will know that it will be a long time before they can make any gain on it.

It is all about pricing them at the right level, I am looking at getting some of the coloured 1oz, I think there is still a bit of life left in the dragon, it isn't even the year of the dragon yet and you're talking as if it is all over!

9. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Aha! Saw you on the SG forum last night mate ;)

10. picturefun

picturefun Member

I order a couple of colored and gilded 1 oz dragon from talisman coins, still have NOT got them. I called them, they told the order is fine, but they are till waiting for the coins from Perth mint. Go figure.

One thing I do know is that the hottest coin on Ebay in the U.S. is the 25th Anniversary ASE sets. price for 5 sets unopened already climbs to $4500, about 300% of the the original price.

People has only so much money to spend on the coin. So if they spend on that, they would have to pass others.

11. picturefun

picturefun Member

who is selling this? I would like to buy one for this price. I saw on eBay is still around US$100

12. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

This forum is littered with 1oz BU dragons at $65.. otherwise ABC is selling them cheaper if you buy 20 and even cheap $58 if you get 100

$100 buck dragons was during the phenom stage in early sept with the bottleneck supply.. these days $70 is the norm on fee-pay

Cheers,

1for1

13. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

Price determines quantity sold. If your quantity sold is too low, lower your price, simple. Put some 1oz Dragons on here for $50 ea or a 2oz for $90 and watch them fly. It's all about prices being too high - simple !

14. silverhoarder8

silverhoarder8 New Member

if anyone has a 1 oz BU dragon for sale shoot me a pm

15. silvstack

silvstack Member

apmex offered one per existing customer at US$99. that was in late september when silver was about back when i think silver dropped from $40 to lower than it is now. so even then they were asking and receiving more than 2xspot and ultimately 4xspot.