where's the manipulation taking place?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by silvstack, Nov 16, 2011.

1. klaten

klaten New Member

China could be a issue you got no objection on that one from me. As far as North Korea goes though... Serious? You actually consider them a threat to us here? Maybe to our overseas interests yes, but the only two platforms the North Koreans could hope to 'hurt' us with would be long range missiles and submarines. They would not be able to stage land or naval forces off our coast as they simply do not have the platforms. Our FFG, DDG's SS's (even though they are crud compared to what they should be), F-18's would be more than a match for any naval forces they wished to try and even project power over here.

China and Indonesia are a bit more of a worry than far off North Korea. They have plenty of other targets they would go after before they went after us. Can you imagine China putting up with North Korea messing around with a source of their required commodities? They would be told hands off quick smart. Japan or possibly even South Korea would be much MUCH higher on their target lists...

2. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You have no idea what was said Klaten - This is EXACTLY why I hate these f&cking numbnut w@nkers that keep crawling out of the woodwork - silvstack asked a perfectly serious question - If you have nothing POSITIVE to contribute DON'T. Who the f&ck are you to come out with a statement like 'you seem lie a bit of a knob MATE' - What f&cking planet are you on????? Crawl back under your rock with your dumb furry mate, MATE...

;)x

3. VRS

Sorry about these people silvstack & Malachi... if I can help with anything just PM me - I'm off this thread - leave it to the amoeba... ;)x

4. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

Yes Nth Korea is a stretch but I'm not sure how all the region would play out. If Kim Jong and his son have their way we are all going to be screwed. Most countries in that region (bar Japan) seem to be ruled by mad bastards and what always amazes me is the shear size of their billions in population. We here in Australia have so much and it wouldn't take to much to take it off us. The Greeks did it to the Turks, the Turks did it with the Cypriote Greeks, The English with the Irish, The Israelis with the Palestinians, The German and Russians with the Polish, The Spanish with the Latin Americans, Belgium with the Congo, The Japanese with the Chinese, The Brits with the Chinese, the Chinese with the Brits it's the history that alarms me :/

5. Guest

Guest Guest

where's the manipulation taking place?

Via pm's it seems.

6. silvstack

silvstack Member

i'm partial to conspiracy notions. for a while i was eating up everything dave emory had to say about fascistic underpinnings of all politics and economies until i read someone undermining his biases, and now i don't know what to believe. so what i'm mostly looking for is how about fundamentals - i'd like to learn how much silver there is, specifically what volume is impossible, and on what basis others might argue that it is possible. but yes, i'll definitely look at some of those links, because, afterall, i am partial to these notions of manipulation and conspiracy.

7. VRS

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zvz2BhG0zo[/youtube]

Just one of the many out there ;)

8. silvstack

silvstack Member

hey vrs - thanks for the links. i'll follow brother john and some others.

i get hung up on something epistemological though - besides my being inclined to believe there's market manipulation, i know there's manipulation of public sentiment. still, i find it baffling that when the shortage of silver is outlined, it is neither refuted nor acted upon, but dismissed as a non-issue (as in "everyone talks about the weather, but no one ever does anything about it!").

it seems supply is the fundamental point - because if there's a shortage, everything is exposed, like the emperor's being short of clothes, right? doesn't outlining a shortage necessitate some educated statement to the contrary, and, if so, who, what, where can i find someone saying there's no shortage, or there's no demand, or that the basis of valuation is mistaken? so i googled it and see some guy who is flat out saying there's plenty of silver (us politician lew rockwell, libertarian, associated with ron paul http://www.321gold.com/editorials/moriarty/moriarty042511.html ).

different sides use different sets of facts. i'm confused.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Believe nothing, even VRS .

10. silvstack

silvstack Member

i used to collect coins after a fashion (i.e., accummulating worthless junk which i can rarely sell at a profit but can sometimes sell for about the same price i paid if i'm lucky). so when i started to accummulate some silver i thought that dragons or kooks or pandas or whathaveyous were besides the point, that numismatics are a diversion, as if the powers that control supply make "collectibles" to put people off the scent of amassing quantity.

but since most of my stacking has been in the mid-thirty range and i'm feeling a bit insecure, i am starting to recognize something you all already know ... that kooks and pandas and dragons are also hedge against the shit NOT hitting the fan.

because if fiat currency economies don't go belly-up and if business continues as usual, fantastic coins with limited mintage will age better than my generic rounds.

just thinking out loud.

11. VRS

Firstly I'd say don't use words like 'epistemological' here because some users just aren't set-up for post cave-dwelling discourse & they'll think you're a 'tosser', as Southernwhatsisface so helpfully demonstrates above & Yellow Monkey does below.

Lew Rockwell's well known and to some extent he's correct in terms of pointing at annual silver production meeting demand but that alone can't offset or account for the issues of demonetization of silver and the consequent ongoing see-sawing battle between those with vested interests in keeping the pos low whilst strategically supporting the US$ using worthless paper instruments (ie: massively-leveraged paper silver contracts) as opposed to real physical metal - Have a look at www.silverinstitute.org & click on Supply & Demand where you can find the immediate data for 2010.

Also just to get a handle on what exactly the issues with silver short positions are in relation to actual supply head over to www.harveyorgan.blogspot.com and click on the vid above the US National Debt Clock - sorry I can't find a direct link - that's the disconnect - and yes, the Emperor's New Clothes is the perfect analogy.

You have to understand the history of the international banking cabal led by Rothschild and the transfer of 'real' assets for paper debt (fiat) money over time - what they control (most of it), who they control (most of 'em!) and why it's so important for them to maintain the facade they've created... The implicit threat is that if the politicos & law enforcement do not do what the bankers tell them then they'll create chaos by bringing down the US$... which they could, and in a matter of days...

The relationship between the US Fed, JP Morgan, The Whitehouse, LME, COMEX, Bilderberg etc etc is well-established... and the result of that influence we are seeing now all around the World as militarized police forces become the whip of govt... War vets assaulted, injured - crowds of kids at colleges waded-into with mace, nightsticks & baton rounds... George Orwell had it nailed - and sadly, this is only the beginning...

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article29731.htm

;)x

ps - If you're interested PM me and I'll give you my private Twitter feed which aggregates up to the minute news from around the World on the macro picture, economics, pm's - loads of useful info in there from many many independent sources FYI

12. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

+1 - beware of everyone advising you ;) I'm sure you have your own thoughts and generally speaking you have found SS because you are still searching and seems to be, not a sheep, so go with your gut son :cool:

13. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

+2

14. Irondog

Irondog New Member

or

Use the Force Silvstack. You must do what you feel is right, of course.
    Sincerely,
    Ben "Obi-Wan" Kenobi

15. silvstack

silvstack Member

thanks for more links but i won't get to them for a while. but soon. in any case, i left my common sense behind as though we're on the verge or collapse.

i was figuring jpm can't be that big to cover international demand, and that people are buying more and more based on these rumors, and that one key player, china, could bust it by buying up silver. a recent wikileak alluded to china knew the u.s. was manipulating prices. up to then i figured that at some point china would just pull a hunt brothers and buy up the market. in other words, i thought that, one way or the other, the end was near.

i was also brought into this trend of thinkng by listening to max keiser.

so in what i perceived to be a climate of adversity, jpm was hanging by a thread. but china has to be part of it. besides this being very lucrative to both sides (and didn't jpm and gs write the book on shorting one's self w/r/t the subprime collapse), china doesn't want to bust the u.s. or anyone else because it is so heavily invested in u.s. dollars and everywhere. china is more interested in drawing this out. china is tango'ing with bernaecke and dimon, they are having a three-way. and they may be at it a long time.

the long and short of it, personally, is that i think it's time to chill - to hunker down for the long haul - consolidate my stack into things with some premium value and not owe anything on it (except my intro credit card which offered 0% intro rate for 18 months, which i did max out - any guesses about where silver will be in another 70 weeks?). meanwhile, anyone want to trade a sheffield 100 oz bar for like 80 pandas or kooks?

16. VRS