Big Rise in Business Failure Rate

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by fishball, Nov 9, 2011.

1. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

2. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

Not surprising really. :/

No matter how bad it gets, I will never offshore or onshore work.
    I stick to my principles and want to keep the local industry alive as much as I can :cool:

3. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It is the ticking bomb, but the rat faced troll and her pack of criminals in Canberra are ignoring it because they are so inept and and are too busy hi-fiving one another over their selling out of the nation to merchant bankers on Tuesday.

4. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Thank you +1000 and every new tax introduced by our labour govt's in order to appease the green movement is just another nail in the coffin of small business - and eventually the prosperity and security of all Australians. With the exception of our beloved politicians of all political persuasions.

5. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

On the topic of business failures, I was on the local cafe yesterday and I asked him how many freezers and refigerators he has, the answer being 11. So, when power costs go through the roof due to the Carbon tax, who is going to compensate him? No-one of course. So, can he put the price of a cup of coffee up? No, he will be accused of ripping off the entitlements of his customers. The answer? Lay off staff.

6. elykneros

elykneros Member

All heil the glorious Leader and our beloved motherland, DPRA (Democratic People's Republic of Australia). :rolleyes:

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I wouldn't.

Your continued self sacrifice to uphold inept political management is what they're counting on.

Yes, many will suffer. But it's only through this process that a proper cleansing can occur.

If you join the criminals in office to extend and pretend, it'll only make the long term rammifications worse and more outdrawn.

I don't need to tell you the social contract of this nation was ripped up and thrown in your face.

No need to keep playing the game just to avoid (the inevitable) confrontation of a system that's turned rogue.

PLENTY of good ol' Aussie businesses are going to throw every penny of the increased costs to do business on your back.

Screw patriotism. It's every man for himself! The ship is sinking... swim for your fucking life!!!

8. bond007

bond007 New Member

9. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

The worst part is that I know all this and where we're all heading :|

Those who leave Australia first, win.
    The last person to leave, loses.
    Whether its from a business point of view or an individual point of view.

If a business leaves now, they get to reap the rewards of higher profit margins as they cannibalise their current consumers indirectly.
    If an individual leaves now, they get to use their stronger currency in some developing country and live it up while the currency still has value or with the load of cash they fx'd.

However eventually, when enough people have left, the business profits will lower and so will an individuals buying power, as the countries they moved to will catch up to their country of origin, which ends up deserted and thus unproductive.

We are going through a huge shift in global wealth, and unfortunately we can't stop it.

Despite being aware of the consequences, my passion for IT prevents me from betraying my industry.
    My business is easier to offshore than most, yet I keep it local because I believe that I would be dropping the quality of my products and services - high quality is my selling point.

I have a strategy that keeps me competitive for now which doesn't involve offshoring.
    But there will be a day when staying here will no longer be feasible due to bad living conditions, and that is the day I relocate the whole business (well, not long before that day arrives).
    That doesn't mean I will fire people though.
    I hope to keep everyone employed by sending them work from what was previously a "third world country" and give them the option to relocate with me.

Last night I was actually researching some possibilities and discussing it with my parents, since they have bought property overseas in the past.
    I'm building up sufficient funds to secure that exit strategy.

I know that my competitors aren't as ethical as I am, but I guess I'm used to that.
    e.g. Seeing all those RE guys increase rents on their tenants simply because the rent went up across the street. =_=

Edit: spelling