Any way to protect yourself from this ebay scam

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by partyk1d24, Nov 5, 2011.

1. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

I also called you "unmanly" which was the only way I could figure to tell you what I thought of you without getting myself banned.
    It's BS to say PayPal can't withdraw from savings accounts, then it's petty to come back showing a minor example of a very specific account that can't be debited and try to claim some sort of victory.
    I disputed a simple blanket statement by your BFF that PayPal COULD NOT WITHDRAW FROM SAVINGS ACCOUNTS by contraverting the claim straight from the horses mouth, then you and your 'friend' step in like a children and say "uh-uh, but we have accounts that can't be debited" wah wah wah
    So, you and your BFF have shown that using a super-specific Australian bank account one can sell without reimbursing PayPal for a disputed sold item, BUT that the seller would have to open a new bank account, PayPal account and email account every time a sale was disputed.
    LMAO I sure didn't know who I was dealing with huh? Absolute Brainiacs you and your mate are LOL

So in the end saying that savings accounts can't be debited is really not a half truth, it's more like a 1/100 of a truth and since you can't use it to buy using PayPal and pretending you do yet have no other way for PayPal to reach out and touch you is UTTERLY BS.
    So ya see you do BS and you're not near honorable enough to even tell half-truths.
    The only thing hard is your head for not accepting PayPal can and does debit savings accounts every day across the globe ;)

Oh and leave the third dude out of it, I never accused him of being a petty BSing b/%# like I did you.

2. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Massive hypocrite.

First part of being manly is admitting you got it wrong.

Which you still can't do.

Nobody ever said that, all that was said is using a savings accounts which only has 1 way transfer.

It's petty to post proof of my claims? What the f__k.

1. He's not my BFF.
    2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savings_account

HE IS CORRECT ABOUT THE 1 WAY SAVINGS ACCOUNT AND YOU ARE STILL WRONG.

Even if you misread that as all savings accounts don't allow DD, you could easily correct it by saying not all savings accounts do that. But no, you said we were talking bullshit and half truths. Your pointless tripe and dribble was completely wrong. But since you got called out you're trying to fall back onto "the old argument" which never really mattered anyway.

Now THAT is bullshit.

1. He is not my BFF.
    2. Plenty of banks have savings accounts which fulfill the description of no DD, only Direct Credit. Such as CBA, NAB, UBank, Westpac, ANZ, HSBC, Beirut Hellenic Bank, Rabodirect, ING, etc etc. Hardly super-specific. Even in the US I found at least HSBC had an account which can manually authorize or decline ACH transactions.

Compared to you, hardly anyone would not be a braniac.

See above Wikipedia article.

Been proven wrong time and time again.

To take the words from your mouth.

I'm callin you OUT!!! You don't know what the eff you're talking about. I just confirmed with a supervisor at a Bank that PayPal CANNOT debit some online savings account. See, I always make sure I'm correct before I call someone out, you should take your own advice...mate

Maybe next time you post something on the internet about something you aren't clear about, do some research beforehand so you don't look like a fool.

Also, I hardly care you're calling me 'petty'. This isn't about 'beating you' in a discussion or argument, this is about you spreading lies and bullshit and pretending it's real and me correcting you.

_|_

3. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

I'm wrong a lot, but I'm not wrong about PayPal being able to debit savings accounts. I'm not wrong that you can't buy using PayPal with your specific bank account. I'm not wrong that eBay will suspend a seller if they don't settle a dispute. I'm not wrong about you, who you are and what you're not. So exactly what was I wrong about? You and the other baby being BFFs? Possibly? Not being aware that there were some bank accounts that could not be accessed even with the owners permission and be used by people like you to scam eBay, PayPal and a buyer with a dispute? Yes! See mate, I can admit whenI'm wrong, now it's your turn to man up and admit that PayPal can and does debit savings accounts. Can you admit that if you follow your and the dude you so chivalrously defended advice, a person would get suspended and have to reopen another bank account, another eBay account and another PayPal account if they wanted to sell again on eBay?
    Can you admit that even your lil scheme to defraud PayPal has a loophole given the fact you admit you have a CC in file?
    Or are the odds better that silver will shoot-up to $1000 per oz tomorrow than you being a man about this whole debacle?

Don't even try and say I started this, when I called RTZ out for telling a falsehood, that savings accounts can't be touched by PayPal, when what he meant to say is he knew of a specific type of account that could not be. No, it got started when you poked your skinny lil neck out for someone else in a vain attempt to try and show how clever you are.
    Sad, sad to think that scamming, spineless, egotistical lil monkeys are the future of Earth. SMMFH

4. ReturnToZero

ReturnToZero New Member

just because he agrees with me doesn't make him my BFF - it just means he's not stupid like you. Very weak way to try and discredit someone, very weak indeed.

You have been proven wrong and wrong, and wrong again. And you have agreed that you are wrong.

Suck it up, pull it out and bow out. You have lost, whilst making a total ass out of yourself.

5. ReturnToZero

ReturnToZero New Member

I said online savings accounts?

Read my first post

Fail again.

6. fishball

Some savings accounts, but definitely NOT the 1 way savings accounts which RTZ specified in his original post.

No shit, but that was never the point of discussion.

What does this have anything to do with your quote

That was the point I was talking about, it is possible and not bullshit. No mentioning of buying. Sure they can DD some savings accounts, but that was never the point of discussion.

Admit what?

Learn to read maybe?

It was hypothetical, if I was serious enough I'd have a buy account and a sell account for Paypal and eBay.

Nice strawman.

Hahahaha you did start this, I merely said yeah it's possible and you went on a full out crusade to prove otherwise and got SMACKED.

Oh but I am so very much more clever than you are. At least when it comes to understanding banking products.

Strawman and more pointless tripe again.

Merely saying it's possible to do something doesn't mean we'd do it, perhaps that's a bit hard for your tiny brain to comprehend.

Fail indeed. Grasping at straws, he is.

7. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

Oh, lookey lookey at the big man talkin smack from behind a keyboard on the other side of the earth. Wow, not only are you too scared to admit PayPal debits savings accounts on a daily, even hourly basis, but you're one those Internet tough-guys LMAO.
    The word Punk is for people with twice as much courage and decorum as yourself.
    You could of ended all this crap by simply saying that you didn't mean to say ALL savings accounts can't be accessed by PayPal, but that you had one that couldn't. And you still haven't addressed the FACT that following your and your Hero's advice would get a seller banned. Not that anyone with a lick of sense would need to be told, yet you could at least admit that in attempt to salvage a small bit of credibility and respect.

I'd say I'm pretty much done with this topic. I proved PayPal could debit savings accounts, most anyway and nothing I write will persuade you to admit how totally imbecilic your original statement was. So you just stand tall behind that keyboard dude and impress yourself, I'm on to other topics...l8ter

8. fishball

You know if you actually read the posts properly you'd see all your points were addressed.

Like...

That's what his first post said and subsequent posts by me also said SOME accounts.

Addressed already in above posts.

You're the one making a fool out of yourself, I can do this allll dayyyyy.

You mean the statement that you misconstrued and misunderstood.

Fail

9. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

I said bye to your damsel already, now I'm telling you goodbye Fish.
    I may be going out on a limb here, but I believe you people who stand tough behind keyboards and use the word "fail" would actually find your Yoda speak to be the ultimate epic fail...they would LMAO...l8ter

10. fishball

More personal 'attacks' because you can't handle discussing the facts.

Hypocritical too, coming from the guy who uses LMAO and l8ter.

Guess it's too much to ask for your arrogant self to admit you were and still are, a fool.

I used to wonder why luckyluke or whatever his name was kept raging at you and going off topic, I see it now and completely sympathize.

This discussion could've happened completely without a keyboard or internet and you'd still be wrong. If that was the case, then what? You're going to bash me for being right? That makes you better how?

Idiot.

11. ReturnToZero

ReturnToZero New Member

Wow, I need to salvage cred and respect? Cool story bro. Unfortunately for you, I am not the one who flipped out and got worked up. The only internet tough guy wannabe here is you my friend - nobody else. Clutching at and swinging with anything within your grasp and using unimaginative insults as a last desperate attempt to puff out your chest cements that perception and just makes you look desperate. "l8ter"

12. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

Some Humour is required at this point in the seriousness.

(-) no warranty backup,damaged on arrival,ignoring the issue now,over 1month of fuss

Reply by world_hobby: Warranty doesnt cover slamming into a gutter sideways at 60kmh!

didnt state on bid what brand the vid card is. apart from that was fast delvery

Reply by world_hobby: "Ask the seller a Question"....... Don't be shy, give it a try.

Item & postage fine, but manual in chinese instead of english, seller unhelpful

Reply by world_hobby: You never said anything to us. How about an email.. my psychic skills are rusty

After delays the item arrived and was the wrong colour car.quality product still

Reply by world_hobby: Sorry, we didnt have enough pink glitter paint. Are you counting weekends?

Good value but not as described mem ONLY 550 NOT 590 packaging disappointing

Reply by world_hobby: Plz rtrn for warranty. Sorry, out of pink butterfly wrapping paper

wrong wheels sent, but happy with products anyway.

Reply by world_hobby: You wanted the naff ones. So I Fab5'ed your style and gave you some better ones!

Good delivery package could have done with a bit more padding otherwise fine

Reply by world_hobby: Next time I will suspend it in a magnetic field for you.

too good to be true, number 1 seller ++++++++++

Reply by world_hobby: tell me about it. I coldnt believe i did it myself.

goed product was wel even kwaad dat er nog eens 75 bij kwam voor de duane

Reply by world_hobby: Sorry I dont speak "Freaky Deaky Dutch"

VERY QUICK, FAST & RELIABLE SERVICE!!! MINT PRODUCT!! HEAPS OF FUN!!

Reply by world_hobby: MINT?!?! What! I told the factory Strawberry only!

not great condition had few scratches FAST SHIP.. FROM HK TO AUSTRALIA IN 2 DAY

Reply by world_hobby: (Pirate accent) Are them postmen are scurvey dogs I tells ya!

Great Item, Bought it Monday got it Saturday...how can they do that!?!? THANKS!!

Reply by world_hobby: Go to www.google.com and type in 'Aeroplane', heard of the 'Wright Brothers' ?

All ok,a negative thing,price putted on box was incluse the ship cost, i payed +

Reply by world_hobby: We have to do the dodge so the tax man wont eat your for brekky!!

WOW...what a great phone!! Everyone should have one!! Great Seller - many thanks

Reply by world_hobby: Thats what I keep tellin them! But who's got $700 to blow on a new phone..

Received items all work no problems thanks will buy again

Reply by world_hobby: No problems, they always work, will sell again. :)

first class service you should be cloned thanks A++++++ebayer

Reply by world_hobby: We are! Look at all the copy-cat sellers on eBay selling our gear! arrrghhh!

REALLY AFST DELIVERY AND GREAT COMMUNICATIONS A++

Reply by world_hobby: Thanks, we try to be as AFST as OSIIBLE

mostly happy minor repairs needed to car (soldering wires etc)

Reply by world_hobby: Good on ya McGyver!

nickel parfait buyeur je le recommande great ebayeur very fast ultra very fast

Reply by world_hobby: ..err.. um.. yeah. What he said.

will not do business again.

Reply by world_hobby: Oh, no please dont go. You were our best customer.. nooooooooooooo

Bon vendeur, rapide et srieux , A+++++++

Reply by world_hobby: No idea what your saying, but it sounds cool! Must be a hit with the ladies.

NOT HAPPY. PART MISSING. EMAILED THEM 3 TIMES, STILL NOT RECIEVED, BEEN 6 WEEKS

Reply by world_hobby: WHAT EMAIL??? ARRRGGHHHH!!! This sh*** is going to give me cancer!

Great Ebayer!!!!! Thank You!!!!! Fast Payment!!!!! AAA+++++
    Buyer jdpl24 ( private )
    Reply by world_hobby: eehhh? Who bought from who hey... haha

fast delivery but item brocken

Reply by world_hobby: Waz it 'brocken' ? In that caze, emuil my and we sent you a knew won. :-D

13. tamo42

tamo42 New Member

Anyways... for the original question you can buy 3rd party insurance. I also video record myself putting coins in their mailers and sealing the packages, reading aloud date, recipient name and address.

Haven't had to use it yet!

14. jpanggy

jpanggy Active Member

Let's discuss the main issue and let the personal attacks die down. Not nice for either party.

Since not going anywhere, just don't touch the subject for a while and let it die down.

15. nickybaby

nickybaby Active Member Silver Stacker

Back to the original post. You got a picture of the coin they sent you back?

As i read it, you send them a ms70 coin they saw it in half and send it back and claim the money back. you got the coin and packaging back.

16. heyimderrick

heyimderrick Active Member

Wow this thread really took a bad turn.

Lets focus on the issue here.

I have no idea how this "scam" would work with a graded coin.

For one, each slab has its own registration number, and the holders are entirely sealed along the edges. There is no way to crack the holder in half to simply remove the coin. In most cases, a cut has to be made all around the coin, or if you cut horizontally across the holder, you then have to pry the edges apart. All of this would be very evident. What's more, why the hell would someone want to crack out an MS69 or MS70 in the first place?

Regardless, if they want a refund and are claiming damage, they have to send back the original merchandise and packaging. When the return merchandise is received it will be very easy to see what happened to the holder.

Since Jackie is the original owner/submitter of the coin, he will have documentation of the label # and coin. If the holder returned does not match what was sent, the buyer has no case.

All of this needs to be documented and reported to paypal. For US paypal users, their customer service and fraud department is very helpful. I would strongly encourage opening a fraud case if the returned merchandise is not what was originally sent.

I would have asked for images of the damaged packaging and coin right from the start. Either way, I would call paypal immediately to speak with someone in their fraud department. You'll have to submit to them the correspondence w/ the buyer and documentation of the events that took place and the merchandise that was sent. And probably photos of what is received back. It may take a while to work things out, but I think you have a legitimate case.

Jackie you have my email, we can chat more about this off of here.