Will swap knowledge of future commodity value for financial nous

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by RomanControl, Nov 3, 2011.

1. goldpanner

goldpanner New Member

I see a coming food shortage, not because of some elite group orchestrating it, but because of climate change and depleting soil fertility.
    The rust disease could also be catastrophic to wheat production. But trying to profit from this by 'trading' futures or some such thing, could also be disasterous with the instability in the world today. Storage is not an option - mice and weevils could destroy the lot!

If you are still serious I would suggest investing in farmland (you said you lived in the wheat belt) - it is something concrete, even if you left it fallow that would help to restore the nutrients back into the ground and if you bought wisely when the price was low, you couldn't really go wrong - that is, if your theory is correct and food prices are set to go up!

2. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

Like developing terminating seeds of various plants.. thats a pretty good control method

3. klaten

klaten New Member

Question: how do you keep a idiot in suspense?

Answer: if you have to google the answer above, well... No one here can help

4. RomanControl

RomanControl New Member

Im ignorant of the way investing works, so yes I suppose that makes me an idiot.

Hard wheat is trading at $287 a ton U.S today.(i googled it)

That is around 18 cents a loaf of bread by my calculation. Or at $100 silver . Around 500 to 600 loaves for a silver kookaburra

Come back to your comment in 2 years. See if Im right as far as the key commodity is concerned, for the coming shitfest.

5. RomanControl

RomanControl New Member

Thanks for the suggestions, but I dont want to invest in farming. Or other related commodities.

Just stored wheat supply. Over a 2 year period. With a fixed outlay.

Also an interesting article on the resistant strain , I wasnt aware of that.

I suspect I have a clearer picture of the future than you guys seem to, simply because I know who is causing the collapse and why.

While it would be preferable to live on a farm over the next few years to the city, my guess is land will be a terrible investment.

We lose the Law we lose the right to property.

6. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's not such a dumb idea,the only way I can see that you could do this is
    To become a wholesaler, purchase grain from the farmers & sell it on to supermarkets or something like that
    Can I have a job :)

7. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

the answer is in your pantry, trouble is you'll need a really big pantry, preferably underground

8. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Deleted because I am not funny :D

9. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

dont worry I have balloons all over the house ready :p

10. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

How much could you fit in a 40 ft hi-cube sea container?.. most are water-tight and vermin proof. If you vacuum seal 10 or 20kg bags they should last a while. Another member mentioned in another thread that putting grain bags in freezer before storing kills pests

11. RomanControl

RomanControl New Member

storing wheat for yourself, food grade diotameous earth mixed in kills weevils and so on.
    this used to be used commercially and was known as fossil flour, but got banned in favour of phosphene gas, according to the guy i spoke to.

But storing it yourself as an investment is impractical, as far as i can figure. Whatever container capital you spend will only be used once. So its added in full to the cost of the wheat.

Also to clarify why Im disagreeing with farm land as a good investment, a couple acre hobby farm would make sense. But a serious concern will be most likely acquired by the state for the common good , just as in Russia after the revolution.

12. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

RC, it is easy to seize the grain too. Every investment has risks and asset seizure is one for ags and companies alike. Everyone would be paid for the assets seized. But it is likely the currency would be nearly worthless. If you are in a situation where the land is being seized, it is likely your other assets will be seized too. That is why some investors are moving some/all of their assets outside their respective countries.

13. Wout

Wout New Member

Start growing your own food if your concerned for starters, ive started growing wheatgrass, tomatoes, beans, onions, carrots, chillis, herbs etc

You could use an etf to invest in wheat, as far as what site to use ive got no idea but id say etf's are the way to go.

Do a bit of research on wheat etf's or wheat futures etc on google

14. RomanControl

RomanControl New Member

Thanks , i googled ETFs

Didnt understand what i was looking at , as usual. But saw, firstly, agriculture ETFs had lost money recently

But more interesting was that you cant invest in a wheat etf. Which , according to my bullshit detector, is a good sign.

Doesnt help me make a dollar though

15. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

Sounds like a conspiracy :cool:

I heard countries in south america suffered the same fate decades ago.
    If I remember correctly, it was released by the CIA.

16. garmag

garmag Member Silver Stacker

"I suspect I have a clearer picture of the future than you guys seem to, simply because I know who is causing the collapse and why".

Roman Control .... I'd be interested in hearing a bit more about your take on this. :)

17. perthsilver

perthsilver Member Silver Stacker

18. RomanControl

RomanControl New Member

Thanks perth silver, i think Im going to have to open one of those acccounts, as invasive as the application is

Garmag i made an outline of the big picture as I see ii. If you have any doubts or need clarification I wont be offended if you respond argumentatively.

I know I'm right as far as the big picture is concerned, and what I see happening in the future is my best guess, based on what their goal is, and what they've done in the past.
    Which Im happy to explain my reasoning for aswell.
    Theyre suprisingly predictable

http://forums.silverstackers.com/to...-total-collapse-of-global-economy-page-3.html

19. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

RC,

you may also be interested in the work of Jordan Maxwell

20. RomanControl

RomanControl New Member

Thanks , but I dont care for his opinion. Or agree with him.
    I prefer reading books written pre 20th century.
    These youtube/ internet conspiracytainment guys are all full-o-shit in my opinion.

I recommend reading 2 books written fairly recently by an American called Tupper Saussy.
    The first one is based on a financial conspiracy he wrote back in the 80's from memory
    And the second book he goes a little deeper and exposes who is behind it all

The first one is probably old news now, since we have the internet and its become common knowledge. I forget what its called but you can google him.

And the second is called Rulers of Evil. Which you can find for free on scribd.

Its fascinating if you enjoy history, and so far everything he's claimed checked out , as far I am concerned.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/46785175/Tupper-Saussy-Rulers-of-Evil