Who Turned The Bots Off

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by hiho, Oct 25, 2011.

1. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

Oct 25, 2011 at 10AM NY time something changed in both Ag and Au markets

2. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Seriously - worth grabbing a screenshot of those graphs!

3. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

something happened, I never saw the price go up by 3% in 1hr before, anything to do with the CFTC investigation, its like a hedge fund bought a shedload of both metals

check out Platinum, is this proof Platinum was not the subject of manipulation?

[​IMG]

4. Rippo

Rippo Member

Platinum/Palladium had a similar jump also

5. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

The money printers were turned back on after a brief respite is my guess.

6. Chilli

Chilli Member Silver Stacker

violent swings as predicted ?

7. even flow

even flow New Member

Options expiry tonight. This will be interesting ;)

8. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix New Member Silver Stacker

Has China been active in the physical market again?

9. Irondog

Irondog New Member

Euro finance ministers cancelled a planned meeting before the summit...the bots are still at work.

10. Irondog

Irondog New Member

This article touches on the subject of that jump in spot prices...

http://www.caseyresearch.com/gsd/home

"The CME's Daily Delivery Report showed that 285 gold and 10 silver contracts were posted for delivery on Thursday. 284 of those contracts were delivered by the big short/issuer which was JPMorgan out of its proprietary [house] trading account. The big long/stopper [216 contracts] was JPMorgan in its client account. Merrill was a distant second receiving 53 contracts.

The action in the SLV ETF was a huge surprise. On a day when the silver price rose $1.53...and investors were pouring into the SLV ETF from all directions...an authorized participant withdrew an eye-opening 3,406,130 ounces of silver! Since last Friday, SLV has had around 4.47 million ounces of silver withdrawn...and don't forget that there was 6.17 million ounces of silver withdrawn from Switzerland's Zrcher Kantonalbank last week. So, in 7 business day, two of the largest silver ETFs have had 10.5 million ounces of silver withdrawn from them.

Beat's me what's really going on...but all of this rather counterintuitive activity in the silver ETFs has buried the needle on my b.s. meter. As I mentioned in the previous paragraph, I suspect that there's more to this than just supply and demand fundamentals. But, as I've said before, sometimes I have a tendency to look for black bears in dark rooms that aren't there. But this feels totally different, so I'll be watching developments closely...and I'll be interested to see what Ted Butler has to say about it in his mid-week commentary later today."

11. Earthjade

Earthjade Member

Diwali
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Deepavali or Diwali[note 1], popularly known as the "festival of lights," is a festival celebrated between mid-October and mid-November for different reasons. For Hindus, Diwali is one of the most important festivals of the year and is celebrated in families by performing traditional activities together in their homes. For Jains, Diwali marks the attainment of moksha or nirvana by Mahavira in 527 BC.[1][2]

[...]

Dhanatrayodashi or Dhan teras or Dhanwantari Triodasi[13] (28 Ashvin or 13 Krishna Paksha Ashvin):
    Dhana means wealth and Trayodashi means 13th day. This day falls on the 13th day of the second half of the lunar month. It is considered an auspicious day for buying utensils and gold, hence the name 'Dhana'. This day is regarded as the Jayanti (Birth Anniversary) of God Dhanvantari, the Physician of Gods, who came out during Samudra manthan, the churning of the great ocean by the gods and the demons.

12. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

don't worry. the perth mint is brimming to the rafters with the stuff christian said so. :)