I caught Dragon fever!!!

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by wasilver, Oct 24, 2011.

1. wasilver

wasilver Member Silver Stacker

I recently travelled to Perth and by pure luck happened to be at the mint on the release day of the couloured dragons and did what any reasonable stacker would do and bought my maximum of 1 x 1 oz and 1 x 1/2 oz coloured dragon. That was the start......

I thought that I may as well order my maximum of the 5 x 1 oz gilded dragons which came through last week. The sun was shining and I was pretty happy with my purchases (not to mention a 1kg dragon and some other bits and pieces for friends)

I was on a roll so I thought I may as well see what else was in Perth......and then I saw it! Much to my disbelief a three coin dragon set was for sale. Now I have never bought coins before this day however I had a bad case of dragon fever which went into over drive when I saw it was set number "555".

The hard part will be finding the right time to move these on.....hopefully someone will be attracted to the serial number and I can make a neat profit!

As much as I tried to resist - I am a victim of the dragon!

2. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Fortunatley the disease only runs over a short course, it is not quite a 24 hour bug, more of a 365 day bug but after that comes snake fever which is not nearly as bad if you have already had dragon fever once.

After that you have to be very unlucky to catch any other fevers until it is tiger season.

3. bevik

bevik New Member

jislizard, i am interested to know why snake is popular? i understand about dragons n tiger being some fecious beast especially for the chinese market. Is snake fever isolated to aus only?
    sorry if i sound offending, am new to lunar coins:D

4. silvertop

silvertop Member

Great work buddy. When you're holding them the Dragon bug bites pretty hard.

5. Scope

Scope New Member

Maybe you'll get a Thai buyer interested in that number :p It is used a lot in Thai internet/SMS speak as 5 sounds a lot like ha in Thai. So "555" (hahaha) is very commonly used like LOL by Thai people

6. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

good for u

7. silverlover

silverlover Member

I've been trying to hold myself not to get any of the dragon coins and now im stuck with these coins, lol

Oh well, let Dragon mania escalate in 2012

8. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

Ahhh, I remember when I first caught Tiger fever all too well...