Enjoying the Rollercoaster

Discussion in 'Silver' started by RetardedMonkey, Oct 20, 2011.

1. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

Does anyone else feel like they enjoy investing in PMs more when silver is either going up or down?
    I don't know about you guys, but the whole sideways movements frustrate me more than anything.

When it dips you buy more.
    When it rises you celebrate your investment.

:D

2. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Yep it's more exciting that way...

:)

3. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

+1 for down :D , loosing money has never been so fun(amentals)

4. Spilver

Spilver Member Silver Stacker

Copy that.
    I even worked at work the last two weeks.
    Boooring.

5. BlackSheep

BlackSheep Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

hehe well said!

As a newbie it took a little while for me to get in this mindset after the recent gut wrenching swoop down.

I kept telling myself it's a good thing and a great buying opportunity, although it took a few days for me to stop looking at my spreadsheet to see how much I'd "lost" :/

I'm buckled in and loving it whichever way it decides to go now - I guess you could say I've had my "hazing" and now am a fully certified insane metal bug :lol:

6. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

I don't have money to spend, so i'm only happy when the rollercoaster is going up :p

I miss the 40s :(

7. silverfunk

silverfunk Active Member

I just think in number of oz accumulated as opposed to the fiat value. Early on in my stacking days i would obsess over spot and constantly check it, now if spots down time to buy more.

8. goldpanner

goldpanner New Member

No - I prefer a steady rise but it is not going to happen with silver!:eek:

What is the meaning of a sideways movement? Does it mean people are undecided and soon it will either jump up or drop down? or does it mean there is strength in the price at that level?

9. Ernster

Ernster New Member

Well I initially stopped buying at $40 and watched the whole run up to $50 and then the crash. I bought a little more at low $30s earlier this year and watched the run up to the $40's again. I promised I would never buy any more Silver.

Lets just say I had to ammend that little detail recently:)

I'm hooked once again and want the POS to drop to the $20's.

I aint done buyin yet boyz!

10. gelxi

gelxi New Member

I've just joined the same boat as roman1613, I have used the last of my powder in this last dip.. bringing my average down to AUD$36.26 / troy ounce (still high I know..I began accumulation in the 40s ). Won't have any spare powder for investment till end of next year.

So yes, from now on Ill only be happy if the rollercoaster goes up :)

11. Mighty Atom

Mighty Atom New Member Silver Stacker

Yep big ups big downs...keeps my heart pounding and therefore the circulation flowing and so therefore the brain can calculate and scheme purchases because it is being fed plenty of oxygen and then my eyes which are bright and alert from all this spot watching exercise can gaze upon my shiney goodies and therefore my heart feels very happy which gives me a warm fuzzy glowy thingy feeling which therefore keeps me young. Yep, big ups big downs...way to go.

12. enzedda

enzedda Member

Its a bit like the ride on petrol prices!

13. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Big volatility sucks - it makes life difficult for dealers, mints etc. who cannot predict prices and volumes within a reasonable range to run their businesses properly.

Distributors (aka bullion bourse, gold stackers) will keep their stock levels as low as possible just in case they get caught by a sudden drop in price.
    Or they will only operate on a 'get stock after orders are placed' basis - customers can just wait longer for their stuff

Dealers (aka W Davis and coin shops) will increase their buy/sell spreads to allow for more volatile price movements between the time they buy and sell stock

Mints will set higher RRP prices on stuff just in case the prices suddenly move up on them (witness the new RRP prices on proofs from both mints this year)

In the end the consumer pays for that with higher prices, extreme limits in supply or longer waits

Do you really think there is some 'endless' supply somewhere waiting just for you, for when you decide to 'back up the truck' at the right price ?

14. Butch

Butch Active Member Silver Stacker

Well at the risk of being told I'm a doom & gloomster I just can't get rid of this gut feeling that we are in for big shake out.

I believe it will take SOME SSers with it. I often tell my friends ( I know in my knower)but I can't explain why. I believe there are forces at work that we are unaware of.

Dont get me wrong! By all means encourage one another but hang on to a stout branch because not everyone will survive whats coming.

There its on record. I hope time proves me wrong. :(