Martin Armstrong

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by 2x2, Sep 29, 2011.

1. 2x2

2x2 New Member

2. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

I like the guy

3. BBQ

BBQ Member

Sounds interesting, to say the least.

4. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

Don't know how accurate his cycles are. The thing about financial crises being seperated by a multiple of pi seems a bit dodgy to me. If it was there it would be widely known and widespread news surely.

I agree with him about the play not changing just the players. It's obvious when you think about it. Humans are still fundamentally physically and emotionally the same creatures we were 2000 years ago. Our interactions will be pretty much the same. Technology has evolved, we haven't.

5. villiagegate

villiagegate New Member

Armstrong used to charge 10k an hour. Consulted with world governments. Called the sovereign debt crisis in the 90s. Not to be written off.

6. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

I really like reading his historical information, but I haven't found his short term calls to be accurate. He touts the exactness of his cycles and then constantly makes excuses why things don't work out the way he predicted. Most importantly for me, if an important event happens, he will reference how it is x number of cycles from some event. Often those events don't even have exact dates. And since events happen every day, it would be hard to find a time you couldn't refer back to some event. He is a great salesman and a brilliant man, but I have read most of his work for the last year and don't remember him getting any short term calls correct.

7. 2x2

2x2 New Member

thanks for the posts - good to hear the consensus is generally positive.

His newsletters are pretty good. I like the very long term and very broad view. Sometimes he seems a bit off but no-ones perfect. I think he sees the currency wreckings as the result of stupidity, when there's a good chance it is by design. And his computer that he built that you can have a conversation with and it will speak to you and tell you how to invest? I think he may be stretching it a little. But, 10 years behind bars may do that to you.

I actually was directed to his site by a post on this forum ages ago. I have no idea which path lead there and which member showed the way, but whoever it was: thanks.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

A problem I see with the cycle theory is that while historically they may be accurate we are in a different world when it comes to information transfer in the current age, Yes we are still basically the same emotive physical creatures we were 2000 yrs ago but you can literally hear a fart from the other side of the world as it happens in todays world.

No historic cycle is able to factor this phenomenon into current circumstances accurately so the theory is pretty well defunct when it comes to predicting current trends. The overall trend may be the same but the minutiae of todays world will make for a an unpredictable outcome when it comes to human emotion and the speed of sentiment travel, with two billion eyes on a monitor and fingers hovering over a keyboard just one MSM report can change the world as we know it.

9. MetalMajix

MetalMajix Member

10. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

11. MetalMajix

MetalMajix Member

More at:
    http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldn...g_-_Lessons_from_87_Crash_&_Whats_Coming.html

12. silverwink

silverwink New Member