Perth Mint "Thank You for Your Continued Support"

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by thatguy, Oct 7, 2011.

1. BIGGRIN

BIGGRIN Member

I wrote to them encouraging them not to update their system (LOL).

Should their systems became more efficient, it would make product access in Perth more competitive.

Inefficiency = opportunity.

Flame suit on.

:D

2. adrenalin

adrenalin New Member

3. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I look forward to PM reducing their prices to be honest.

We buy PM 10oz & 1kg ag bars cheaper thru their bulk affiliates than I might buy direct. Thankfully.

We also have relationships with at least 8 other suppliers - all of whom don't ask for the preposterous amounts of paperwork that PM insist on to set up an account. As it is I've been to those clubs that you mention - and whether in London, New York, Amsterdam, Paris, Tokyo or Sydney... I always have the red carpet rolled out for me because of my twisted career in UK & US club culture (long story). It doesn't bother me, that 'snooty' business PM inadvertently projects... It just means I take my business elsewhere, and invariably get better deals - even on 'hot' items like dragon bars...

Lots of people gagging for our business right now, that's all I know ;)

VRS ;)x

4. anonmiss

anonmiss Active Member Silver Stacker

I got cut of 4 times trying to get thru to the Perth mint, would get put on hold get the apology message over and over then it would ring out and cut off. And this was the 2nd time it happened with a new release. You think they would have learnt that there was a problem after the first release.
    But no just stuck with the same slack system. When I did get thru I felt sorry for the poor staff that had to deal with a rubbish system that they had no control over. Perth mint do better!!! Your loyal customers deserve it!!!!

5. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

I don't take it personal companies care more about making money than my welfare. They're supposed to!

6. Aust-Tech

Aust-Tech New Member

The Perth Mint should setup their servers so that newly released items are on server, #2 (new.perthmint.com.au) and previously released items are on a seperate server, #1 (www.perthmint.com.au), same shop, seperate servers (workload).

Either the above or Load Balance (with more CPU/RAM) to enable greater capacity would be beneficial to all. I wonder if the hosters have become "aware of this issue" as without notification from TPM, this inconvenience will continue for everyone.

It definately shows that the IT Department did NOT test the system to full capacity to determine limits and change accordingly so that this problem would not have happened. I would say that the IT are trying to pass this off as not required.

Amusing to see that under the many accounts (client accounts) we have at the Perth Mint, the support letter was sent out to our latest registered members first, and the first couple of memberships still haven't received letters. hmmm.?

Preference given to new customers first?

7. Ouch

Ouch Active Member

No, its just that the old customers would have already been used to such buying conditions previously unlike the newer customers who may not have experienced something like this with other online retailers hence the need for a "thank you" note.

8. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

There systems might stall/ be slow or whatever... At the end of the day their system can't be too bad.. dragon product like 3 coin proofs and typesets still sold out extremely quickly (1 day for both I believe). With the amount of calls and Internet traffic, someone had to lose.

9. silverybay

silverybay New Member

10. poon88

poon88 New Member

I will accept a free Kookaburra or even a "limited run" Apology silver coin to all the buyers affected :).

11. Aust-Tech

Aust-Tech New Member

Only a couple of years, 2008 i think. Maybe the new system didn't migrate old system into it. Some received, some didn't.

12. cnsjock

cnsjock New Member

I Don't know about others but I find the $52.50 for a 3kg express bag a bit rich... cheaper to stack with silverstackers sponsors .

13. BBQ

BBQ Member

Perth Mint really have no incentive to improve substantially because there is still such high demand; ie. they are selling all they can make, right?

And if I'm not mistaken, the bulk of their customers are from overseas anyway.

14. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Order from Perth Mint, Steve (Aurura et Luna), Captain K (I think ... via Spotmex), Natchez Shooting Supplies in the US ..... all at the same time, Perth Mint is still to deliver :rolleyes: