Best sources? Concise, readable + unbiased info on metals + economics?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Citizen, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Citizen

Citizen Member

I'm always keen to learn more about the economic factors that are influencing the crisis that we are currently seeing unfold. Unfortunately a lot of the information out there is either heavily biased or long-winded deep-analysis - not particularly accessible for someone with only a basic grounding in the fundamental principles. (ie. someone who doesn't have a degree in economics)

I've read the main key 'intro' texts from Schiff, Maloney and Martenson, and would like to know more, and be updated with clear and relevant info - rather than wading aimlessly through the ocean of (mis)information on YouTube, blogs, and various sites.

I like Maloney, as he explains things in a pretty clear and interesting manner, and doesn't wrap things in hyperbole like Keiser (ugh!) and those of his ilk. Schiff is good sometimes too, but sometimes is a bit full of his own hype. I agree with his principles, though.

Any key 'one-stop-shop' sources for your metal and economics info needs?

I see that Maloney has a site, with some free content, but also paid content: www.wealthcycles.com Does anyone actually subscribe to these sort of sites?

Anyway, keen to hear your suggestions - thanks in advance!

2. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Everyone is biased, it's just a matter of which bias is the best bias to be biased with. I like the gold money James Turk.

3. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

Kitco forums.

Just kidding :p
    (Zero Hedge for the drama, Silver Stackers for the discussion, news.com.au for the cons)

4. even flow

even flow New Member

Bullion Baron's list on his blog is a very good place to start.

For me, if I had to pick only one blog to keep myself up to date it would be: http://traderdannorcini.blogspot.com/
    Dan has a very good grasp of fundamental analysis AND technical analysis; macro and micro. No hype at all.

Once you understand the basic fundamentals of metals investment you can cut back your reading/study dramatically because allot of commentators seem to spend significant time preaching to the choir.

5. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

I'm reading a book at the moment called End Game: end of the debt supercycle and how it changes everything.
    I can't say it's the best because I haven't read that many books, but it seems pretty good to me. Not a book about pms, more about why we are where we are and possible outcomes depending on which path the PTB take. Only 3 chapters in so can't detail any more

6. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Unbiased, as has been mentioned most people have a bias so goodd luck with that.

And don't discount all the lunatics on Youtube etc. if nothing else they inform and possibly influence the masses and if not then they are at least informed and influenced themselves by the masses, either way they can be a good barometer for the public's perception of Precious Metals, and half the game here seems to be perception.

I would not stick to just a single source of info either, you need to immerse yourself for a few months before you decide that it is not worth all the agro!

7. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

Keiser makes so many kooky statements and tells blatant lies that I don't even try to discern what might be fact or fiction with the guy.

8. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It was only last week that I stumbled on BB's website. I found the online-resources page of his site, particularly valuable for the shortcuts it provided. +1

9. Nukz

Nukz New Member

I like Faber personally he's not all for gold/silver and has commented many times for corrections in both metals. He also comes across as quite a cool guy :)

I also like Jim Chanos, hes been ahead of the pack quite a few times on calls in the past and i have no doubt his China call will eventuate.