Staple coin holders on ebay, need some advice.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Bandit, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Bandit

Bandit New Member

2. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

The fact it says this -

"With REDUCED ACID and SOFTENERS, our products can offer the best protection for your collections."

As compared to lighthouse -

"Special film free from chemical softeners provides optimal protection against environmental elements"

Then Renniks

The softener-free Renniks coin holders ensure that the coins, which are kept in them, cannot be damaged. They are the best coin holders on the market. The window is of a flexible material that takes on the form of the coin kept within it. You can choose between selfadhesive coin holders and coin holders which have to be closed with a staple. Each package contains 50 coin holders. The glue and the foil used for these coin holders, cannot damage the coins. The coin holders are available in 10 different sizes.

I use the Renniks ones FYI.

3. Bandit

Bandit New Member

Thanks

I might just try to buy some Renniks ones.

Trying to buy any coin holders from a store anywhere has been a real hassle, which is why I was looking on ebay.

4. leaveit

leaveit New Member

ebay will be the best place to look. i also struggled to find a local seller.

i use the lighthouse ones.

5. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Don't like the stapled ones - always worried about scratching a coin on removal. I like the self-adhesive ones, but some people have reported they fail in high humidity areas.

I keep my sovereigns in Lighthouse self-adhesive ones.

6. Bandit

Bandit New Member

I've ordered some Renniks holders, thanks guys.

On the same topic, I sold some junk silver coins a few weeks back on Ebay. For short term is it ok to put individual junk coins in clip seal bags to send? I know that it's probably PVC, It was just so I could tape the coins inside some cardboard while not getting them covered in glue from the tape. I was looking to sell some more but I'm waiting for the holders to arrive next week which might be after the auction ends. Would that piss people off at all being in clipseal bags? I wouldn't dare put a good coin in one.

7. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Any food grade bag is fine, I use gladbags.

Silver has to be in contact for a long time, months, before you notice any problems with the PVC, they go a little sticky to begin with, then a bit green.

I would not put junk coins in holders for sale, puts the cost up by about 15 to 30 cents but doesn't get them to sell for any more.

8. Bandit

Bandit New Member

Thanks for the tips, these are just the smallest clipseal bags I could find. I bought them from the local wholesale shop, they are big enough to get a round 50c in.

Most of my junk stuff, it's so worn the year is even nearly worn off. Just wanted to make sure they wouldn't go bad down the track.