2012 Carded Kangaroo only $60 at Australia Post - How come?

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by 1for1, Oct 11, 2011.

1. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Hi, went to the post office today looking for proof dragons, none but they do have the 2012 Carded Kangaroo only $60, How come? didnt the RRP go up to $70?

Anyway its a cheaper alternative so ill grab one for my set unless anyone has seen a cheaper price?

1for1

2. backsideroyale

backsideroyale Member

I was in my local post office weeks ago and enquired about perth mint coins...The bloke showed me a few junk metal proof coins so I told him I was interested in silver lunar dragons of any description and left my number.

Noticed a recent post where someone got proof silver lunars at Perth Mint issue price through their post office...Pity he never got back to me but I may go hassle him tomorow to see whats up.

This post office thing could be a great way to bypass dealing with the mint in future.

3. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Anything that bypasses dealing with the PERTH mint in the future has my vote..

such a paradoxial relationship i have with the perth mint..

Hate there draconian rules, shoddy website, inability to be flexible, the way they allocate silver bullion in limited supply, being disingenious in original dragon allocation statements to SS's, there overpriced and cheap looking tacky proof coins with a STICKER on them for $109.. THE SHORTAGES and WAITs they have for ALL forms of silver..

Anyways bud.. Carded kangaroos are a RAM product.. GO the RAM..

If it wasnt for the AWESOME bullion LUNAR and KOOK series id gladly give the PM the middle finger, lucky i can get it elsewhere for cheaper than what the perth mint could do.

1for1

4. alexisio

alexisio New Member Silver Stacker

Dont hold back

5. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

Hmmm, no coins at all at my local

6. Capricorn

Capricorn New Member

Darwin Post Office say they have 1-oz silver dragons (proof) on order from PM and are expecting them "sometime" in November. Have left my name and phone number with the staff member I spoke to and asked for 6. IF Darwin gets them, and IF the staff member phones me back when they arrive, I might offer some of them on the forum, if you like ????