So, if silver actually goes to the moon.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by wilkes, Oct 11, 2011.

1. picturefun

picturefun Member

I want to know who are the buyers? And are there enough buyers?

2. Reeve

Reeve Member

To set a price in which you would sell is silly. In the near future, if you were looking at unloading, yes setting a price would be wise but if you are in it for the long haul you would look more at silver/gold ratio and silver/crude ratios and see if silver is under valued or not, they would give you a fairer evaluation over FIAT.

But i guess at the end of the day we are all in it for different reasons and are all looking for different outcomes, people who never sell i don't see much point? hows all that money sitting there going to benefit you? :S unless you could loan against it?

3. wilkes

wilkes Member

That would only be true if you predicted that the price of silver will never rise. If you really think that, you may aswell stick to stacking gold as it is less volatile, less volume and more liquid. I hope you don't hold onto Ag until it sees it's $4 days again!

4. longshotsilver

longshotsilver New Member

Is it true that gold can be man made, Seen a video about that and it turned me off gold, silver 4 life, silver passed down to your kids, silver passed down to there kids silver will make kings. :)

5. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes gold can be made, as can any heavy element. Do you have a supernova handy?

VRS ;)x

6. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

(Longshot, where DID you go to school lol?!)

Made my day ;)

VRS ;)x

7. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

Alchemy, anyone? No offence intended, but do you think the Earth is flat, too? Gold cannot be made without a nuclear reaction tearing the atomic nucleus of heavier atoms apart OR using extreme amounts of energy to join the nuclei of smaller atoms. The kind of energy we are talking about is the same stuff that annihilated two Japanese cities in World War 2.

8. longshotsilver

longshotsilver New Member

My father left when i was a young child , so i had to chase fiat at the age of 15 to support my mother and younger brother, i left school to early and have been working ever since i try to type better lol. silver 4 life. :)

9. Sargeant Argent

Sargeant Argent New Member

Vids a scam probably made by a silver stacker as I believe it uses silver ingots. Gold is gold silver is silver oil is oil, that's why they are precious they are in limited supply, cost time and money to produce and have huge demand.
    Any non perishable commodity will always have some sort of value.

10. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

philski they have been making copper and silver at olympic dam for some time, are you referring to the proposed expansion which would double the output?

11. vektor

vektor New Member

this is true, but if we see a major world crisis, a lot of manufacturing will cease.

12. Butch

Butch Active Member Silver Stacker

Whoa--------------whoe---------------

As a former President of the " FLAT EARTH SOCIETY " I really must ask you to refrain from casting aspertions as to our scientific theories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enough I say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

13. Butch

Butch Active Member Silver Stacker

Butch did not say this???????????????????????????????????????????? :mad:

14. pmfiend

pmfiend New Member

True, but that would be temporary and I think I can wait that out.

If the bankster's coalition of the willing does something retarded like blame <insert boogie man> for the collapsing $ and goes to war with them then all those tomahawk missile (guesstimates of 500oz silver per missile for the silver oxide battery + solder contacts) will do wonders for the supply side. 200 tommahawks dropped in Libya and that wasn't even a war just "kinetic action" lol. War is a good distraction and some morons think it's actually good for the economy.

15. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

as we move into the next active solar cycle a direct hit X class solar flare breaching the magnetosphere wiping out a portion of the world's electronic systems (ala' 1859 Carrington event)would boost demand for repairs and replacement ... just saying ...

http://io9.com/ar-1302/

16. Recon

Recon New Member

You do realize that if silver went to $5 right now, that it would mean a GSR of like 300:1 right? The GSR has never been that high in history. In the modern economy (post 2000) It touched into the 80's very briefly, once due to the GFC of 2008.

Think of the GSR as a rubber band tying silver to gold. The rubber band wants to bring the GSR to about 16:1 naturally, but manipulation pulls against it so that it maintains in the 30-60 range. Right now its about 51, so the rubber band is pulled pretty tight. To go higher would require a lot of market forces acting against the natural value. Could it happen? Sure, but it would be very short lived probably and there would be great pressure to return to a more normal value.

Check out the history.
    http://goldprice.org/gold-silver-ratio.html

You can see what's happened to the GSR as a result of various historical events, and how long it stayed put.
    The GFC of 2008 did cause a sharp rise in the GSR from about 55 to the 70's which corrected to the 60's quickly, and then slid to about 35 about a year ago. Now the manipulation is trying to crank it up again as you can see in the huge step-ups each of which is followed by a gradual sliding back down. I believe the "natural" market forces are shown by the gradual sliding down and the manipulation is the large spikes up.

What does this all mean? It means that yes the GSR can rise dramatically in the short term as the market manipulators artificially crash the silver price, but the GSR always "wants" to return to its natural state which again, is probably about 16:1. It takes a constant effort to keep the GSR high. You never have to worry that the GSR will go high and just stay there. Especially if paper-silver ever completely decouples with physical. Then you'd see more like a permanent 12:1 with spikes maybe as high as 20? The point being that $5 silver is impossible at this stage unless gold itself were to slide down to $400 or so. And that would take a very strong fiat currency, which again is also impossible at this stage.

I'd still prefer to trade gold for silver at this point. I think 50:1 is a fairly tight rubber band. Yes it could raise up briefly still but I'm confident it will drop to the 20's eventually, and that would be an excellent time to trade the silver back for gold. So as long as the GSR is as high as this, I see silver as a bargain waiting to go up in value (relative to gold) and an opportunity to have a greater quantity of gold later than if I bought it today.

17. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

Many people buy large quantities at one time. Not I but some.

18. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

Boeing's going to quit making silver aircraft?

19. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

+1

20. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

My old man stock piled stainless steel kitchen sinks .... did not make them valuable tho ....

although he thought they were :/