I love a good rant: 2 dudes at the Occupy Wall St protest

Discussion in 'Silver' started by bushfaery, Oct 8, 2011.

1. bushfaery

bushfaery New Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tivnNzcJNA[/youtube]

2. PowPowCombo

PowPowCombo Member

Thanks for post, that's one switched on brother.

3. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

how hot is that chick

great debate loved it

4. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks VERY MUCH for the link.

3 different young men from 3 different ethnic backgrounds.

Having a decent discussion, giving each other time to talk & time to reply.

there is hope........................

5. beamseeker

beamseeker New Member

Great video depicting the true here and now. The realistic vs the idealistic.I'd like to know if cap man put his option gains into physical, or if he's still flirting with high risk paper...economic change here we come.

6. 2eyedcyclone

2eyedcyclone New Member

Very interesting, thanks for the post!
    They seemed more interested in telling everyone how
    Much money they had made and where they went to school, but still a good watch!

7. bushfaery

bushfaery New Member

I also found the bragging about how much they'd made a little gauche, but I was mostly impressed that (although it came close) it didn't degenerate into a shouting match. As boneyard said, they gave each other time to talk, respected their differences, identified common ground and even found reason to connect (university). The only conversations (read: debate) I've ever tried to have with one of my nieces (20, on a different topic) was completely absurd and pointless. Her education on how to argue is seriously lacking. I wish I could argue with people like this more often. I really enjoy a robust debate. I always learn something. Sadly, it happens too seldom.

Having said that, I'm more in line with the "peak everything" guy ie. invest in seeds, land etc. PMs are not the be-all and end-all. The main reason I'm stacking (which is a grandiose term when it comes to my stack) is so I might have something -- even a little -- of value in the future, just in case the S does actually HTF and my fiat is worth nothing. Not that I have any of that either :-D

8. bushfaery

bushfaery New Member

... and I forgot to say... I find the idea of young people arguing in public spaces kind of exhilarating! Feels like it's how democracy is supposed to work. The best argument wins, gains support, becomes policy, is constantly challenged and so it goes, all in the public arena.

(edit for spelling)

9. Wout

Wout New Member

The black guy won IMO, the other guy was focused too much on oil being the end all of energy and doesnt realise there are already cheap abundant reusable sources of energy that are being withheld from the public today. Plus in a free market capitalism economy there would be no big oil monopolies like we have today because there wouldnt be government laws in place to protect them and stave off competition

but good debate i enjoyed it, gives me hope, but then you see america has talent on tv and that hope dies pretty quick

10. bankaiblade

bankaiblade Member

This is another good rant

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQow0Fhua1A[/youtube]

11. bushfaery

bushfaery New Member

He kinda lost me at "vote Ron Paul".

I can see his view and agree to a certain extent with more power at a local level (I don't think we need state govt, just state admin of federal policy), but I think his argument is too simplistic. Maybe in a sit-down discussion where he didn't have to yell, he might make a better case, but I'm not sold.

12. EJAM5

EJAM5 Active Member

Great debate. Still cant fathom how the US government can make a natural resource such as gold "illegal" to own(?). It'll be different this time around, if it happens again. I'd be asking top-dollar and then some before they come knocking.

I have not seen any main-stream media coverage of the Occupy Wall St. protest here in Oz, except a few weeks ago about a 'pepper-spray' incident. If it ever hits the global main-stream media, then it'll be a faster movement. But with CNN/NBC/BBC/Reuters et al all owned & controlled by the 1% I don't think it'll happen.

Not sure why 'Cap guy' is protesting/debating(?). At 25 with a house, a benz and a tonne of fiat made from derivatives trading, he seems to be on the right path if it's not all debt.

13. goldpanner

goldpanner New Member

I dont think they can make gold or silver illegal to own but they may stop you from buying more by making it illegal to sell.

It was really good to hear the younger generation passionate about world affairs and maybe they still got a bit more to learn but they are way ahead of where I was at their age!
    In fact they are probably way ahead of me in knowledge now! :/

14. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

White dude finally got down to brass tacks with his assertion that power trumps purchasing power.
    He who has the power doesn't purchase, they take. purchasing power is a myth sold to the lower and middle classes in order to pacifying us into believing we have 'some' power.
    When SHTF for real, like if it gets down to real chaos, Smith & Wesson will speak louder than Gold & Silver. File under; Sad but true.

15. lakesentrance

lakesentrance Member

IMO OccupyTogether isn't only about having tonnes of money. The destruction to human, animal and plant life by non-empathetic corporate entities, is more the issue. If you can make all particpants in a corporation accountable to it';s actions, then the money problem should sort itself out.

16. bbbbullion

bbbbullion New Member

Cheers for the great posts... Time will tell.

17. EJAM5

EJAM5 Active Member

Absolutely agree! But those corporate entities are run or should I say 'controlled' by the 1% elite. It's a HUGE shake-up to take them to task. 2008 was a prime example of that. The bailout funds were distributed to 'balance the books', and what did the corporate executives do? They gave themselves bonuses!!! AIG/Citibank was suppose to fail and should of failed, but where did the politicians have their superfund/401K's???

As a global society, we 'may' see a universal currency seeing how bad things are getting, but we're no where near the end of 'money' altogether. We're modern day slaves to the modern day 'debt-masters'. It's been designed that way, and we've been conditioned that way through education and upbringing, irrespective of ethnic background (as the debate clip showed).

With what has happened with the markets in the last 2 weeks or even 3 years, has it been Control by Chaos or has it been Chaos by Control?
    IMO, the elite play both sides depending on the objective. (eg: JFK, Gold/USD standard, Vietnam War, 9/11, Iraq War (WMDs), Al-Qaeda/Osama, Afghanistan, Libya an the list goes on...)

Only a GLOBAL "We the people, for the people" movement can it EVER be turned around. History shows that if the people are 'pissed-off' enough revolutions will follow.
    The 99% is greater than the 1%, and the elite know it... Control is Power, and Power is Control.

18. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

unfortunately, people still value a buck... too many people can be bought by the same buck that holds them down and prevents them from accessing their true worth (human life is priceless). When people see past this, and only then will we see a lasting change that prevents humans from being manipulated by money and the 'freedoms' it brings. I say 'freedoms' because under this system, while one person thinks they are free, 100 others are enslaved to ensure the one person's freedom. It's unfair, greedy and selfish to say the least. How it will change is beyond my limited comprehension.

19. Goldmember

Goldmember Member

Concentrating on the important things Hiho....lol ;)

20. Guest

Guest Guest

Excellent speech