I am getting there...

Discussion in 'Silver' started by cocochanelkel, Oct 1, 2011.

1. phynixbullion

phynixbullion Member

and you will

2. TheBullionBoss

TheBullionBoss Member

Keep up the stacking Kel. Well done sooner then later those people will be eating there words.:)

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm guessing this is the sort of thing that makes Bens heart swell when he reads it and makes all the other crap fade into the distance.

You go girl. :)

4. Sargeant Argent

Sargeant Argent New Member

Killin it kel nows a good time to be adding to your stack, the first 100 oz. Takes longer than the second 100 oz. Just keep your head up and stay focused.

5. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

Cheers! Nothing like seeing a goal fulfilled to keep the spirit soaring!

6. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

I think we deserve a photo after all this moral support. Something to inspire us all!

7. silver dragon

silver dragon New Member

Kel, good work, keep it up.
    I never thought I would get anywhere but from being so excited to get to my 1st 10 oz I am now nearing the 200. I have friends buying in 10oz bars while I buy 1 to 5 oz at a time usually but it doesn't matter as long as the stack is getting bigger. I sometimes go off track and purchase proofs and that slows down the stacking but I try and keep a good balance. I also have 4 of those retchid 100ml coins that I purchased without really looking too closely. A mistake I won't make again.
    I keep my silver stack pretty quiet in my house because everybody else thinks it is a bit of a joke. I love it when nobody is at home and I can get it all out and admire it. I shift it around into different piles and just keep on smiling because i know that we will be saying I Told You So. If I didin't try to get my daughters into silver my stack would be about 30 oz bigger because they have no interest in it and never think about it until i give them a new piece. I am not growing their stacks any longer and concentrating on mine. The family knows I am buying bits and pieces but don't really take much notice and my stack is growing at a reasonable rate. If any of them catch me sorting through it they just say " oh that bloody silver" and I just say you wait.
    I started in Dec 2010 and my goal is 200 oz within 12 months.

8. Lunartic

Lunartic Member Silver Stacker

Good work Kel

At the end of the day, would you rather a classic Chanel handbag or 100oz of silver? Both are about $4k

9. silverman47

silverman47 Active Member

good for you. im trying to buy an ounce of gold for every 20 or so ounces of silver from this point on, im nearly at my target of 200 oz :) new target 400 oz :) dont listen to what everybody else says, they probably still think their super is in a safe place at the moment, and that property is going to be a good investment over the next few years.

10. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

hey Kel I have some of those puppies too :/

in fact it was research I was doing on them that lead me to silverstackers

11. TheBullionCollector

TheBullionCollector New Member

Good on ya kel keep it up :)

BC

12. longshotsilver

longshotsilver New Member

Congrats on your stack
    ive been stacking for 2 months, so far i have 85oz went to bullionclub sydney on sat and added
    five 1oz 2012 kooks to the stack @ $40 each sitting on 90oz total atm feels great to stack .

13. BBQ

BBQ Member

around 3k put away at today's prices; well done!

14. MrSteve

MrSteve New Member

Congrats. I haven't been a member or stacker for long - Since March this year. So I've seen Silver go from 38 to 49 in one month only to see it drop to the low 30's in one week. I'm in for the long haul. Don't worry about the day to day, week to week fluctuations. In a few years, we'll be looking back thinking Silver at 40 was damn cheap!

15. goldilox

goldilox Member Silver Stacker

hey kel, our stories are similar. i felt like such small fry when i started but i caught the silver bug pretty quick and have been rather consistent. i recently made what felt like the first milestone of 100oz. a few smooth maneuvers later i had 150 and i couldnt believe it had really happened. have fun with it lady!

16. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

I'm not a "told you so" fan. I don't think it's nice when people gloat in someone's perceived failure and I wouldn't do that to them. If your family doesn't subscribe to your investing principles, good for them. It isn't their money, nor their life. Nothing is guaranteed with silver. The fundamentals seem to be there.. but if things don't happen the way you want them to, you might cop a pounding from the family --- but remember, it's not just about the money or the result. If we place too much weight on having success with our investments and they go awry, we can be setting ourselves up for a miserable time. In my philosophy, first and foremost is inner peace within my mind and it has nothing to do with the outside world (very different to the idea that insurance companies spout that insurance or financial security gives you 'peace of mind'). I do not like the way they describe 'peace of mind' lying squarely in your hip pocket. I have found that quiet time and meditative practice helps me to remove worry and gain my own inner peace.

Keep up the high spirits and embrace your own decisions while respecting your family and your community. Love your work! :)

Nick