The Global Debt Crisis

Discussion in 'Silver' started by dottjt, Sep 27, 2011.

1. stinkypete

stinkypete Member

top stuff young fella good head on ya shoulders

2. dottjt

dottjt New Member

Of course ;)

3. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

Okay good.

I was hoping you weren't just saying all that on the video and then going to tell us you're holding USD :lol:

4. phillis

phillis Member

chucked it on my facebook wall too man. great stuff.

im 25 and im getting told im too young to worry about this kinda jazz- i feel for all the elders that are going to be telling you youre too young to be worrying about all this!

5. longshotsilver

longshotsilver New Member

Great work brother, wish i had mates around like you when i was 18 .

6. dottjt

dottjt New Member

Thanks for all the support! It honestly means a lot to me! Especially if you put it on your FB wall ;)

RetardedMonkey: You gotta hold some cash so you can buy on the dip days.

phillis: It's mainly my friends who don't really care about finance. But my plan is that if Silver pulls through, I won't have to work for the rest of my life and I can become a full-time trader on the side and pursue my ambitions (assuming there's even a resemblance of a market left after this all blows over)

7. dottjt

dottjt New Member

I wish the same and I AM 18 :/

8. phynixbullion

phynixbullion Member

i wonder if world leaders can explain or even know why major economies are on the brink of collapse .........put your hand up if you think there are leaders out there with no f#@%!^ idea.

dottjt A+

9. TheBullionBoss

TheBullionBoss Member

Appreciate the effort mate. Not many people seem fussed with what is happening and how it will effect them (sooner than later). The government wont educate us we must read and learn ourselves. Although I'm only 20 I wish I had the same mindset two years ago.

10. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

Both hands up!!!

11. projack

projack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

12. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

13. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

The government won't educate us because it's the system we're in now. By admitting the whole system sucks and reverting to a non debt based system(I don't think you can use silver because of it's use as a commodity) and there is not enough gold to go around, they would have a neon sign over their head saying "crazy'. Would australia go for a gold backed currency? Not in my opinion. I think this because it affects world trade. Globalization is the word on every big business mans' lips and it makes it very difficult to encourage the world to buy our goods or invest in our country when our currency is static. Capitalist economics loves growth even at the cost of inflation. I don't know of any capitalists that don't like inflation- because they just see it as a small price to pay for GROWTH.

14. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

Cash also helps if you want to pay your rent. Let's not forget we are not facing economic Armageddon yet :/

The longer I have been in this game the more I realize you need balance balance balance. As soon as you think you are going to be rich from all this silver hype, the bigger the disappointment you will face. This discussion has been had before, but if we see silver in the hundreds of dollars, the world will be a very very sad place to live. Gloating of perceived wealth in these situations is nothing short of selfish and pitiful.

Interesting perception of how you view work. My girlfriends dad loves work so much and it has nothing to do with the money. That's the sort of world I love seeing. Working for Jo satisfaction and knowing you are helping someone else.. Nt just to fill your purse with cash. There is so much more than gold, silver and houses.

I'm interested to know when you think you will sell your silver..what price are you hoping for?

Peace and harmony

15. Evolution

Evolution Member

I applaud you Mr. Reade. I heard/read this sort of information before but it never quite makes as much sense as your video.

Makes you wonder what the people who designed this system were thinking, did they not see this huge flaw?

16. dottjt

dottjt New Member

I think it's all relative. Yeah sure, if silver ever reaches it's full potential so-to-speak, it's going to suck. But if you can make the most of it, prepare and come out top; what's there not to like? The reality has already been set. You just have to stay on top.

I want to work as a comedian/media person. In fact, it's my passion. The only problem is that i don't think it can fund an awesome lifestyle, yet. In the meantime while i prepare my CV to get into a good media position, I'm going to use silver/investing as a tool to get there.

I suspect that I'm not going to sell my silver until a) It gets into a bubble or b) After the currencies collapse and we move onto a new world currency.

Cheers,

17. QLDSILVER

QLDSILVER Member

Who is this Kid???? Someone seriously take Wayne SWANS new award away and give it to this guy! Keep posting buddy great feed.

18. dottjt

dottjt New Member

Thanks dude. At the end of the day, the system is put in place to favor the very few at the top of the chain. There's a great lecture on how the whole debt based system came into place. It's a real eye opener and i couldn't recommend it more highly. Although the first 10-20 is kind pointless, although I haven't seen it in a while so i can't quite remember.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8484911570371055528

It's got nothing to do with the common person. As long as Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, MASSIVE INSTITUTIONS (the power that be) are getting what they want, that's all that matters in this world.

The sad thing is that once the system collapses, they'll still be at the very top. Everyone else will just be lower down the chain.

19. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

My advice is to just be careful and don't count on pms delivering. There is every possibility our ambitions won't come to fruition and pms do nothing. Underestimating those that control economies and have all the money will cause grief. Fiat will be around forever.. Only because I think that will be the best way to reset the economies and get people spending again. Much easier to do that than get the gold and silver out of our grubby hands and split it evenly between the masses.

What would the Aussie govt do? I'd love to hear rational thoughts of what would like happen to us when the US defaults.

20. dottjt

dottjt New Member

imo, rather own silver than cash. I'm just doing everything i can to try and be prepared, even if the destiny isn't in my own hands. Better than nothing. I also doubt we'll return to FIAT when billions of people wake up to find their savings destroyed. Although i suppose it depends on what China wants to do since they're theoretically the next super power. They're buying a lot of gold and silver atm, so i suppose that's indicative of the future.

I lost complete faith in the Aus Gov long ago. When the US defaults I think we're heading from another 1930's style depression, just 100 times worse. Afterall, it has to get a lot worse before things can get even remotely better. Historically we've had traditional boom-bust cycles: 5 years boom, 5 years bust etc.

We've had one hell of a boom period: not to mention, most of that was cheap credit. In closing: We're screwed.