I just bought my first bar

Discussion in 'Silver' started by LKC, Sep 23, 2011.

1. LKC

LKC New Member

I got my first bar of silver today.

a 20oz Perth mint bar.

I am very happy with it. I am just amazed at how heavy it is for its size. hopefully this will be the beginning of a big stack.

but what just happened with the market?

it seems like a total collapse. not really what I wanted to see after making my first investment. here is to hoping it recovers soon.

2. phynixbullion

phynixbullion Member

What have you gotten yourself into...........

3. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

Yes, welcome. Silver will do very well in the coming months, no worries. Do you mind me asking what was spot silver when you bought? Btw, I've bought at 38-40 so don't feel bad and just recently at 35

4. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Yep your well & truly screwed LKC better sell it to me for a loss while its still worth something :cool: If not take hotel 46s advice.

5. LKC

LKC New Member

I think I will stay with it for a while. maybe even buy another 10 or so ounces or try to learn what an acceptable premium for coins is.

after seeing it climb up to 40 since its big fall (and preceding rise) I am sure I will make my money and then some.

spot was 38.XX when I bought it.

6. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

Congrats on the purchase.

It is heavy - by the way a 10 oz Lead bar would only be around 8% smaller by volume.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Nice, the 20oz was my first buy as a stacker too, they don't make em any more..good choice :)
    Don't worry about the price, buy more, forget about it, then sell at way higher prices down the track.

8. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Right answer !!!!

9. Dusty

Dusty Active Member Silver Stacker

Hi LKC welcome to our family, I'm the dumb cousin that has a pig that I love very much herrrr herrrr herrr.

You are luckeeee you have found silver when prices are going down so it is buy time.

You could of found it months ago and payed alot more but this is perfect timing.

10. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

A good time to buy, imo. This dip below your entry price will certainly have you attention and focus it on the risks as well as the rewards.

It's a great time to learn when you attention is focused by a loss.

If you buy a little more as it is falling, well before it corrects, you would have bought yourself a real education in the silver market ... again, because your attention will be focused by the pain of compounding losses on the volalite nature of silver and its tendency to overshoot.

They are the kind of lessons well worth paying for with a few small purchases and you are still getting some silver on the way. Just keep it small until you see the trend reverse.

11. Wout

Wout New Member

When the US bond market collapses and the US dollar/all currencies tank then you will be happy you bought silver, until then expect it to get hit hard by selloffs that occur when investors fear a recession like the one were experiencing now

I find it funny how the news says "were facing a second financial crisis" lol, since when did we get out of the first one... retards

12. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

Yep. We haven't felt the first one yet. So we will be facing two. The first is yet to come and the second may be in 2013. I try to bring everything down to basics and look at all investment options, the amount I have to invest and what I am trying to achieve. As renovator will attest, he has made money in most economic situations in the housing market- because he has experience in this area and is willing to work very hard at it.

We all must be prepared to ditch our silver when we hear of the changes coming ..there may be more new currencies created that do not value silver or gold and for 30 years you may see $3 silver and $100 gold again. You never know what those with the assets will try. If we find that more people will fight the system and accept pms and not the new currency, those that hold pms will be fine. Who knows what will happen!

Peace

13. Nickoru

Nickoru Member

Yep! That day it's better to sell silver for 3$ in the new currency then to use the old one to ignite the fireplace.