Is china hurting ?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by renovator, Sep 22, 2011.

1. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Shipping rates for container transport from china to australia thought i would share some rates that have dropped by around 30% since last year .Things must be slowing down over there.
    Thoughts?

We have recently joined forces with several of the largest shipping companies in China and are now able to offer the most competitive shipping rates directly to you. Our services are not only confined to general shipping, but are also able to offer extra services such as freight consolidation, all document services (such as customs clearances, special clearances and certificates).

If you need any further information, we are located in the main business hub of Shenzhen, China.

Listed below are the general rates for September 2011 from China the East Coast of Australia.

( FOB terms Sep 2011 Rates)

POL
    POD
    20FT
    40FT
    40HQ
    Carrier

Shenzhen
    Sydney
    Direct

Melbourne

Brisbane

Shanghai
    Sydney
    Direct

Melbourne

Qingdao
    Sydney
    via Ningbo

Melbourne

Brisbane

Ningbo
    Sydney
    Direct

Melbourne

Brisbane

Xiamen
    Sydney
    Direct

Melbourne

Brisbane

If you need any other rates from China by Air or by Express (DHL,UPS etc.), Please contact me.

Below are my personal contact details, and look forward to speaking with you very soon.

2011-09-05

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yours Sincerely

Steven Gan

BEST SHIPPING CO. LTD

Phone: +86 755-22160110
    Fax: +86 755-82129136

Email: [email protected]

MSN: [email protected]

Web: http://www.bestshippinggruop.com

2. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Apparently the amount of shipping to America has gone down by 10% this year. Not sure of the exact figures but I think it was either on the forum or from the Daily Reckoning.

Maybe we can get some fake pandas shipped over even cheaper.

I am packing up my rubbish from the UK and getting it shipped to Australia, I might as well wait a bit longer.

3. jpanggy

jpanggy Active Member

all indicators seems to point to crap right now.

4. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

$675 for a 20 foot container fron shanghai to sydney? it was nearly double that a year ago some of the other ports are only down about 30% .It would cost $675 to send 50 pairs of shoes . Things must be getting grim

5. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I gave u shipping stuff from China by sea. $60.00 per cubic metre was the freight cost, but all of the other fees make the freight really over the top. Chinese customs charges $100.00 to inspect goods on the way out now, what a load of corrupt cash grabbing. I hope that other countries start giving China a run for their money.

6. AgOx

AgOx Member

I would look at the Baltic Dry Index to confirm.

Baltic Dry Index
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Baltic Dry Index (BDI) is a number issued daily by the London-based Baltic Exchange. Not restricted to Baltic Sea countries, the index tracks worldwide international shipping prices of various dry bulk cargoes.

The index provides "an assessment of the price of moving the major raw materials by sea. Taking in 26 shipping routes measured on a timecharter and voyage basis, the index covers Handymax, Panamax, and Capesize dry bulk carriers carrying a range of commodities including coal, iron ore and grain."[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltic_Dry_Index

And the current chart:

http://navigatemag.ru/indices/

Looks like the carnage of GFC mark 1. See the three year chart. Things are looking glum on the shipping front. China may be supplying their own new 'rich' consumers now.