Dragons from the Post Office...

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by thehuckler, Sep 14, 2011.

1. adrenalin

adrenalin New Member

Wonder how many of the postal workers will buy it before it even hits the shelves.

2. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

I didnt mind paying spot + $5-$6 for a lunar bullion coin for the first 4 series 2 coins, I thought that was pretty fair I guess. But now with the current year dragon, paying spot + $60 or about 150% over spot for a coin is so far over the top.

At the end of the day if and when this lunar/dragon stupidity subsides all you are left with is lump of silver worth spot (as worst) and that's why you buy bullion coins - for their silver value, otherwise you may as well buy the cupro/nickle coins if you like pretty patterns on a lump of metal.

If you are paying $90 for a coin with silver value of $38, you might be just as happy to get into numismatics because thats essentially what you are doing.

3. silver dragon

silver dragon New Member

just ordered 3 coin silver proof set from my local Post Office. I don't believe that they can get them in if not ordered before release but maybe Aus Post have a special allocation put aside or something. The lady at my local says she doesn't get them in because of cost and can't be sure of selling but was happy to put in an order for me and processed it immediately on the system so keeping fingers crossed.

4. shellbell

shellbell New Member

I have just come from my local post office of which one of the ladies I know, she looked on the computer and the computer said no.. She said "no, no one has them, it says 0 0 0" she didn't seem to think she could get one either, only if they'ed put in an order prior to release. If she could of got me one she would of. I suspect only the post offices that were smart enough to order early will end up with stock. But really I have no clue..just my thoughts.

5. silver dragon

silver dragon New Member

yes I would have thought orders had to have been done before release but the lady at the PO went on to computer while I was there and put in the order. She said all done, will let you know when it arrives.
    Maybe she might get some sort of after response saying no stock but for the time being it seems to be on order. I honestly don't expect it to come through but it would make me super happy if it did. I regret not purchasing a 3 coin set when I could have on line but at the time I was a bit broke. STUPID of me I know.

6. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

E-mailed PO and they said that they're expecting a release date of late oct. FWIW

7. silver dragon

silver dragon New Member

late October sounds good to me as long as they do come in. Will have to wait and see.

8. Lightsview

Lightsview Member

For the colored dragons? Do you have to put a deposit down when you order from the PO?

9. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

No and I ordered the works, the guy did say, "that's a lot of money", I should of said "yes that a lot of Argent". But I just said "i'll take as many as you can get :)"

10. adrenalin

adrenalin New Member

Yeah I was trying to resist and just say... I'm only after the 1oz Proof.

But ended up writing "any dragons" hahaha

Must be thinking..."Crazy Coin Collector"

11. null

null Member

um.... Ring... ring.... (mobile rings)

"Sir, your dragons just arrived, all proofs. Box of a 100 of them, Royal Australian Mint 1oz silver dragon proof just as you wanted!"

Argh!....Argh!....Argh!....Argh!....

Wakes up sweat dripping...

12. adrenalin

adrenalin New Member

hahahaha nah I made sure I wrote Perth Mint Dragons. "any"