2000 Lunar advice

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by velma p, Sep 13, 2011.

1. velma p

velma p New Member

My twins were born in 2000... boys.. and I want to get them the 2000 lunars and 2012 as sets. Would it be better to get the 2000 coins now or later. I just heard about the coins, and haven't bought any yet. Thanks.

2. malachii

malachii Well-Known Member

I'd actually wait a couple of months for the 2000 dragons. I think they are a little caught up in the hype surrounding the 2012 dragons at the moment. I don't think waiting will cost any more - worse case scenario is you'll pay about the same (ignoring silver price fluctuations of course).

malachii

3. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Talk about your all time unlucky birth year (if you consider the most expensive lunars)...

Anyway, the 2000 dragons are at discounted rates with the supply surge of 2012's... so buy the 2000's now..

RE: 2012's.. you could listen to the above post.. BUT all the bullion your seeing now could fall into what we call STRONG HANDS>> ie: people that are not going to sell em PERIOD. Once these types get all 300k its possible these things just wont be available.. its like booking accommodation early for a discount or last minute to HOPE for a better rate..

Always risk involved in decisions.. waiting may mean missing out.. this 2012 dragon demand is unprecidented.

1for1

4. heyimderrick

heyimderrick Active Member

Buy the 2000 dragon now as the mintage is 1/3 of the 2012 version. The 2012 wasn't presold by U.S. dealers and hasn't become available U.S. dealers, but when they do they will be more reasonable than the prices you are currently seeing. Sign up for the in stock alert from Gainesville Coins and APMEX so you can place your order for them as soon as they're available.

5. lionfishcoin

lionfishcoin Member

Exactly what I was thinking when the 2000 dragon around $50~60 .....

6. metal.blacksmiths

metal.blacksmiths Member

I would consider waiting for 6-9 months

7. velma p

velma p New Member

Thanks for the comments. I'm planning on putting them away, and giving to them later when they'll appreciate them more. I just wasn't sure how available the 2000's were. I put alerts on at those two sites.