Selling to Bullionmark

Discussion in 'Silver' started by toto, Sep 12, 2011.

1. toto

toto New Member

Has anybody sold anything to BULLIONMARK, after you get the "A BULLIONMARK trade consultant will contact you ASAP to discuss your request." email just how long does it take and is my "request" a binding agreement since the AUD has gone down sinse my request, like what the? nada sinse Thursday night. And while I'm at it another peeve that I have with them is there live vault doesn't give the whole picture, it's somewhat miss leading that it only gives current buying prices not not current selling prices. So what you see on the value of your vault is what it would take you to buy you stack over again at today's prices not what you can sell it for at today's prices, not a biggie but miss leading to the worth of your vault. No actually I think it is a biggie, it's a subtle advertising thing, it's not up front. ABC shows buy and sell on the same page so when you buy a pamp you know the cost from what you can sell it for the next day. Maybe Bullionmark have over looked this or maybe they haven't, it is the slickest bullion web site. I don't give a rats arse what it would cost me to buy a 2008 Kook when I have one I would like to know what they would buy it for at today's spot. What's the point of me knowing what it would coast me to buy something I already own I need to know what the current selling price is. Are sites like this able to handle volume, I've been waiting for my ASAP since Thursday last week!

2. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

don't sell to them sell to me... :p

But seriously you would probably get a better price here

3. nicwinner

nicwinner Active Member Silver Stacker

you will get a better price here definitely

4. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

...have you contacted them again asking for followup?

5. Silvermonkey

Silvermonkey Active Member

OOHH OOHH AHHHH!
    YES HE RIGHT PRICE BETTER DEFINITELY HERE SURE FOR YES!
    HE FUNNY
    :D

6. toto

toto New Member

No not yet, I was curious to see how long it would take. I know they get quite busy but still I just wanted to see how long there procedures take when it comes to buying back. But come 23:00 tonight it's been 48 working hours. I'm new to this and I would like to be able to sell with confidence, 48 hours is not ASAP to me. Are you wondering why I posted here before contacting them?

7. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

It's good to see another happy bunny when buying and selling to online dealers :/

It's a very interesting thread and should be monitored closely over the next few months, not only with Bullionmark (who by the way I think are good guys) but the other online dealers too. What if?! there is a large sell back to them will they be prompt in buying back as quickly as they take? watch this thread I reckon. I have purchased from them in the past however, have yet to test them on the other way around.

But it's also true toto you would certainly have a better chance of obtaining a decent price with the chaps here at SS. You off load your stash promptly and we don't have to wait WIN WIN :D

Private email me what you maybe thinking of off loading and maybe I can come to your rescue :lol:

8. f40

f40 Member

Maybe they are very busy atm or have something else going on.

I put an order in with them on Wednesday (paid Wednesday) and only received the the payment confirmation receipt Sunday afternoon.

Generally they are very prompt.

9. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have found BullionMark the most helpful of the online dealers. The Vault is geared to showing you what your stack is worth to you. You can add your own bullion to the Vault and add the premium at which you value your coins.

My rule of thumb is spot plus 5% for manufacture, 5% for distribution and 10% for ownership. I would then add extra percentage for premium coins like Pandas, Tigers etc.

I would never hesitate to recommend BullionMark to my friends!

10. toto

toto New Member

No I don't need attention here thankyou and it's not a whinge it's a concern of buy back at times of high volume and a slight peeve at the "My Vault " section of the web site. I could have gone to them but I thought I'd air it here first, my only motive was to get experienced opinion not emotional support. I like Bullionmark and have no troubles referring people to them to buy and peruse their excellent research data base but this is phase two and I need to know how fast I can sell and I think other people who are new to this should know as well. Silver is money right well how do I get that money within a day, can I get it within a day?

11. jedichampion

jedichampion New Member

random question what do you guys use to pay with in this forum?

12. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

Wouldn't leave selling to an email myself what with spam filters not being perfect and all.

13. Haggai 2:8

Haggai 2:8 Member

Usually EFT straight into sellers bank account or cash if doing Face to Face transaction.

14. show-me-the-metal

show-me-the-metal New Member

When I first started buying bullion I went through bullionmark. He is an excellent guy to deal with and had plenty of time to help me with my questions. As i bought 1 year ago, pm's have taken of and I am sure he would be working double the hours now than what he was then. Luckily for me at the time I was thinking about buying some gold as well and is advise was the trend is your friend so i stuck with silver.. So on that initial investment I am nearly 100% up.

He does have a mobile you can ring him on as well.

15. toto

toto New Member

I have been on to BM and there suffering a bit of a glitch with the web site. I would like to reiterate that I am in no way questioning the integrity of this company, they have always been prompt and professional in my dealing with them and as i said before I would not hesitate recommending people who are interested in the PM market. However I would like to see their buy back price on the My Vault section of the web site, I am sure they have considered this and the problem may lay within the realm of the I.T. dept.
    Thankyou

16. MrSteve

MrSteve New Member

I received a nice little pay out after the company I worked for was privatised. I bought all my silver from Bullionmark as I was new to the game and wanted to get my hands on as much as possible.

Although I do agree that there should be pricing for selling back to them just as a guideline. Maybe this should be mentioned to them as an idea to update their website?

I plan to hold on for the long haul, so not fussed about current price fluctuations.

17. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

You should stick to selling to the SS community... :D

18. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Nothing wrong with selling to our site sponsors :)

19. toto

toto New Member

Selling at this point was not what I had intended but due to work drying up bills still have to get paid. I'm very happy with the deal that I made and the lesson learnt. In future I'll be coming here first to use site sponsors and members.

20. xenith69

xenith69 New Member

I didnt want to start a new thread but im having a problem with Bullionmark in that,
    i have bought 3kgs of the unallocated with free storage.
    Now i bought during the recent price drop and locked them in at 1051 or something per kg.
    I did this before i supplied my verified ID form.
    Now the problem is this.... I went to the Post Office and got a copy of my license and got it verified and stamped by the post master
    on the form i downloaded from BM website.
    They are now saying i still need more forms of ID
    But this is a copy and paste of the ID requirements on their site..........

You may be aware that bullion dealers, like banks and other financial institutions, have certain obligations under Australia's Anti Terrorism and Money Laundering legislation.

AUSTRAC, the government agency responsible for ATML requires us to "know our customer" through third party verification of a licence or passport.

Heres a link to the form
    http://www.bullionmark.com.au/images/pdf/id_form.pdf

Now they saying i need a passport as well.
    I dont have a passport and they have $3500 of my hard earned.
    They wont return my calls or emails.
    And the form states 1 form of ID only
    This is very misleading,and they wont send the silver without more ID.
    Im thinking of asking for my $$$$ back if they ever bother to call me back.
    Anyone else had trouble verifying their ID with Bullionmark?
    thx