just made first ever purchase!!..and..does anyone keep a tally/chart?

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by MousePad, Aug 2, 2011.

1. garmag

garmag Member Silver Stacker

http://www.sticksplace.org/Dloads/Stacker106.exe May be of some interest ? :)

2. MousePad

MousePad New Member

well guess what..made an excel.saved it on my flash drive..used 2 computers and saved on each.but only the start of it..not the updated..only fully saved on my flash drive and i go to open it and accidentally deleted my updated one instead of the first non updated one when i was trying to open it....it said sent to recycling bin..but ofvcourse when i check the bin, it doesnt show up..

this day couldnt get any worse

3. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

I do something similar except use dropbox to store the spreadsheet instead of a USB key. It automatically syncs between the computers and keeps a history if the last 30 or so versions if something bad happens like that. Highly recommended.

4. slevin88

slevin88 Member

I do keep record but i use a program called preciousVault on my iphone. Pretty good app. You just put in what coins you bought and at what price and it keeps a tally of how many ounces you have, how much you paid for them and how much theyre worth today

5. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

I started off with all good intentions, but when I first buried my first lot with 'about' 325 ASEs and CMls, followed by the second burial of 'about' 275 of the same, I sort of lost track.

I am now directing some purchases to our kids around Australia, and have lost track even more.

My best guess is about 1500 ounces but no matter really, NOTHING will be sold unless we are desperate and I know that the average cost is 'about' AU$40 or a bit less. I doubt it will matter in a couple of years when it is in the $100s.

As for a hard and fast stock-take, forget it!

OC

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Congrats on your first purchase of silver, Kevin. :)

Don't try to over complicate things for yourself at this stage with big spread sheets with a ton of data...there's no point if you only have a few ounces of the same type to begin with.

RetardMonkey's suggestion about what to record seems sufficient for your needs at the moment.

Keep your eye on that mailbox, btw, should be something from the UK in there for you pretty soon! ;)

7. MousePad

MousePad New Member

Yea i made the new one smaller and not as detailed as the other.

and I am looking forward to it!. every day i go down to check it out to see if their is anything for me!.. cant wait!

8. XB

XB Active Member Silver Stacker

As far as I can determine on a Mac, not possible. All the info is for Windoze only.

I hope I am wrong but have not been able to find anything similar in the Mac version of Excel...

Instead of the auto-updating field you can have in windoze excel, I just have a user-input value for current spot which is then referenced in all values/formulas for spot etc...