not much of an income, which to get?

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by MousePad, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Chillidog

Chillidog New Member Silver Stacker

Don't inform the sheeple, stack in private, relish your new fortune.

2. MousePad

MousePad New Member

yeah Im keeping my mouth shut for now on..dont want any curious people around me. trying to get their hands on some goods

3. Diablo21

Diablo21 Member

Yep, that's the best thing to do. Outside of my family, I've told only one friend.

I'm currently "working" on a teller at the bank, she wants to get into silver and I'm trying to help her out. Also, it doesn't hurt the fact that she's pretty damn cute :)

4. Sargeant Argent

Sargeant Argent New Member

Nice work diablo!

5. Butch

Butch Active Member Silver Stacker

@ lady bug,

Look if kevin dont want that brit silver just slip it in a post pack to box100------------------------------------------------------- :)

6. MousePad

MousePad New Member

hahaha there you go diablo... good luck!

and now hold on!! i didn't say i wont take it, i just said ladybug didn't have to do that

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Och! You just wheesht ya cheeky fella. :p

That was just an offer to a young stacker to get his stash off to a good start.

However, if you want a Brtish coin you we could always arrange a wee swapsie. See my thread HERE.

@ Kevin

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, lad! If you want a 1/2oz Britannia just give me an address to send it to.

As the slogan of one of the most popular UK supermarkets says: "Every little helps!" ;)

8. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If you don't have a lot of spare money only spend about half of it on silver, always have a bit of cash lying around.

Although you want to convert it all to silver you do have to live in the real world.

If you run out of milk and have to buy some the last thing you want is to have a handful of silver and no spending money, you will end up selling the silver for whatever you can get, and if the price of silver has gone down or there is not much demand around your way, that hurts!

I like the junk silver, I used to get it sent over before everyone went crazy for silver.

You can always build up a stash of the 90% junk and then when you have a small pile you can swap it for an ounce round or American Silver Eagle, you won't get a one-for-one swap as the eagles have premiums but you can get the nice stuff without paying too much up front.

This strategy works regardless of what the price of silver does, if you are saving up to buy an ASE and you have managed to save up $40 but the price of silver goes up to $50 an ounce, no ASE for you.

If you have $40 worth of junk silver in your hand and the price of silver goes up to $50 an ounce, you now have $50 worth of junk silver in your hand and you can still get your ASEs.

I love predecimal silver! I have over 23 kilos of the stuff bought over the past five years and never did I have to go without in order to buy some.

If I had saved up my money over the past five years and tried to buy 23 kilos of silver now I would have about enough for 12 kilos.

Good luck

9. MousePad

MousePad New Member

thank you, but the thing that confuses me.. which shows how new i am at this.. to me it seems that getting junk coins would be harder to sell. or determine value for

but I am putting little aside every so often.. probably will be making another order this weekend. hopefully