How Low, will the Aussie Dollar Go?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by 1for1, Jul 10, 2011.

1. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

So.. with the carbon tax announced... how low can we expect the Aussie dollar to go?

Someone is going to have to be punished for emmiting carbon... so if we are all getting incentivised?>? Who will pay?

Has the market factored in Australia's Carbon Tax or will we see some big currency corrections tomorrow... will silver spike on news of COP Increases... i have specualted it will for some time..

NZ$ didnt go down much with the news but the NZ market is less reliant on mining... lets see eh...

Are we all happy those that know best and have proceeded with a tax australia has overwhelmingly rejected? I feel sick to my stomach (yes far more passionatley than any silver manipulation).

1for1

2. bankaiblade

bankaiblade Member

I think that an emissions trading scheme would have been better than this carbon tax. We're going to be implementing that in 2015 AFAIK.

No idea about what this tax will do to the $A. Polluting companies will pay most of the taxes and will not be incentivised in the way that individuals and households will.

Besides, the carbon tax is going to cost like $500 a year or thereabouts... Nothing that will hurt people much in my opinion (also taking into account you will get it back anyway).

3. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Yep... im expecting a 4c dip tomorrow opening then another 4c re-evaluation when US catches wind of Australia's new tax. the repursussions of mining costs going up are all encompassing... i propose this could have massive consequences..

The best idea is restricting mining output... same net result with NO tax. Australia could keep more metal wealth in the ground for the next generation and not destroy the economy putting overburdening new prices on consumers and house holds... this is bloody murder..

I think America will resist a carbon tax just like they did a tea tax.

1for1

4. PerthStack

PerthStack Member

I think a trading scheme will just funnel enormous amounts of money to hedge funds via fees etc. I'd rather a tax that comes to the people of Australia.

5. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Id rather that also, but id rather have no new tax at all and, in fact repeal GST and Income tax while they are at it... we should also produce our own debt free currency... but then us plebs would be totally out of financial control and we cant have that now..

1for1

6. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Interesting that the red reptile isn't talking today about the 1 billion dollars a year that Australia will have to donate to the UN under this piece of government madness. Economic suicide brought to you by Prime Minister "Sideshow Bob" and his sidekick Mrs. Crabappel.

7. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You're not alone, I was feelin' pretty queasy myself :(

8. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Yeah and now i cant avoid Gillards face all over TV... im quezy 24/7... bad bad..

Can only hope it will be gone before it gets started... the people will have the final say ultimatley.

1for1

9. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The red headed one is rather ordinary at the best of times. However her gall in keeping a straight face while pedelling the same tripe and expecting us to believe her, makes the red headed one even harder to deal with. How did we ever get something like that to be our head of government???? Australia must be the laughing stock of the world.

As soon as mining takes a backward step, our dollar will plummet.

10. Nukz

Nukz New Member

treasury expects CPI to rise by 0.7% per year? which is interesting because RBA's mandate is to keep inflation between 2-3% so this in itself confirms more interest rates are to come which could actually strengthen the dollar.

11. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Hi, as well as the cost-push inflation which will see in consumer prices, also the governments expansion in the money supply through new policy will result in supply-push inflation....

There will be alot of internal inflationary pressure on the Aussie Dollar as a result, more money chasing finite goods with increased costs of production... it will keep us more in tune with a fed reserve stlye inflation as we were looking quite sound for a year or two despite mass govt wasted expeniture.

1for1

12. shinythings

shinythings New Member

A reduction of 5% carbon emissions " if sucessful " .. will represent a global reduction in carbon emissions of 0.09 % " in theory " .. But our illustrious bureacrats and politicians have not factored in the logic that due to high energy costs , power usage is already at a minimum .
    This is nothing short of wealth redistribution , Taking from the well off and giving it to the less well off will only achieve a social agenda .
    Population growth will overwhelmingly cancel out any token attempt like this , the carbon will not dissappear but prosperity and economic stability will .

I see some stocks taking a flogging over this , people who race to buy renewable energy stocks need to be mindful that a lot of the companies will be financially dependent on the government , so you would have to have an element of faith in this government , given what they did to Holden , " you would have to be bloody mad " ...
    If not for the Western Australian mining boom that this government has been hiding behind , the Gillard government would have already turned Australia into an economical waste land .

13. jparrie

jparrie Member

Not after Chindia's CO2 emissions increase next year.

14. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

and what will be the outcome to the environment? I mean if we accept the pain then we should get an outcome, right? :rolleyes:

15. Roswell Crash Survivor

Roswell Crash Survivor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Assuming, for arguments sake, that the alarmist global-warmists are correct.

This is "Tragedy of the commons"... but inverted.

16. shinythings

shinythings New Member

Why do the intellectually challenged ass-ume that those of us that do not support an economical solution to global warming do not believe in global warming .

Multinova speed cameras save lives ? .. 20% hike in tobacco tax because the government cares about your health ? ........." yeah right " .....

The billions spent on the national broadband network would have replaced every power station in the country with a renwable source .. " but theres no revenue in that " ...!!!

India and China are laughing at us ...........

17. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

I BELIEVE in Climate change.. in fact the only constant is CHANGE... the earths climate is constantly changing ... to believe that a tax on one country will effect the worlds temperature is insane yet that is what they are telling us... dont worry... our govt is controlling the weather through taxation.. YAH..

Last time i heard they scrapped global warming cos solar flare activity from the suns at a lull in its cycle and cheif climatoligists are saying we are entering a ice age..

The way the people of australia have been hoodwinked is embarrassing.. under the guise of conservation. We have to accept our prison planet as one of the elites mantras says.. this will keep us inline with all other failing western countries.. quite simply england and Us cannot afford this policy so there would be uprisings overnight...

I just feel for POOR NZ getting stiffed with this.. ironically as the cleanest and lowest population per sq foot and with such dense and ancient foilage... should the ROTW like china and india, japan etc be paying NZ for having so many trees giving off vital oxygen and soaking up that naughty (COUGH COUGH Sarcasm) CO2 (i mean vital componant of carbon-based eco-systems), I am astounded NZ's dollar is still going up but then again when you know the IRB controls the Currencies and peggings and standards i suggest John key was told he would get a highr NZ$ if he sold out his coutnry as a guina-pig to be tested with a draconican blanket tax with serious economic repurcussions for the nation.. hope it was worth it mate.. that Dollar wont stay high on that promise for long.

Isnt an upside down world when NZ pays carbon tax and the dirty polluters China and India get our jobs and a license to screw the world ... dont worry, the inflation the tax will bring on us will make consuming electricity a treat beyond the means of the average elderly couple... another eugenics move and effort to strip the wealth and standard of living of 1st world nations....

Tryanny prospers when good men stand idle - the tyranny is blatant!

1for1

18. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I saw an interesting fact put forth, that the eruption of a volcano near Fiji a few years back put more CO2 in the atmosphere in four days than humankind had caused in recorded history.

We're just ants exhausting our food supply.

19. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

Yes, but that's just plain incorrect.

20. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

+1. Source: http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/volcanowatch/2007/07_02_15.html