Contraction of fiat supply on SS?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Lunartic, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I remember when silver was going to the moon and everyone was going crazy. Then it tanked and everyone went crazy saying they hope it dropped even more so they could back the truck up.

I have fiat, I am waiting for a potential price drop at the end of QE2, and I am waiting for the Dragons to come out but at the end of the day if the price doesn't drop and the dragons have all flown then I can just buy some other silver, it is not like it is rare or anything. I have seen a few eBay auctions finish with no bids because they were overpriced. Looks like the eBay frenzy is over for the moment.

I am off to the Pikey meet up so I might pick something up there just to be social like!

2. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just throwing it out there... just following a logical deduction... but maybe prices are too high!?

3. Mighty Atom

Mighty Atom New Member Silver Stacker

....waiting ...waiting.....waiting...

I'm currently on the sidelines. Firstly I am financing a holiday in August and want some paper readies to spend on a white sandy shore in Hawaii. Secondly I dont beleive there is going to be an immediate hike in the silver spot in fact I am expecting a further downturn. All the events that fueled that spectacular run we all recently thoroughly enjoyed have not yet played out completely. It appears the global financial situation is about to enter a profound change but to what?. One thing I still firmly beleive, human nature will not change so I am expecting more of the same in the immediate future. And with that in mind I will be buying again regardless spot price up or down. I'm not planning to do any serious buying again till 2012.

Its just that occasionaly I see something nice that I would like to have...like a panda, or a southern cross bar....I can't seem to resist....perhaps my sojourn on the white sandy shore in Hawaii can cure me of that. :)

4. Bargain Hunter

Bargain Hunter Active Member

I remember in a particular thread during the immediate aftermath of the post silver crash from its high of around $45 AUD that I commented how the prices/premiums being asked for items on silverstackers were unusually high. Everyone then proceeded to shoot me down in flames for that comment. I agree with you somewhat claw hammer though I have noticed prices for items on silver stackers appear to have gradually declined over the past few weeks and are returning to more normal levels. Once prices become substantially more competitive than dealer prices once again, transaction will increase further.

5. Papina

Papina New Member

I'd buy craploads more silver and gold, but too busy holidaying in Europe. Oh well

6. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

As a newly immigrated English man it still amazes me that anyone in Australia would chose to travel abroad for a beach holiday.

I guess it would still be a bit chilly in Oz at that time of year and I suppose the exchange rate is favourable, pus whatever other reasons you may have.

My wife keeps wanting to go to the Maldives, we live on a beach in Australia gosh darn it!

7. Contrarian

Contrarian New Member

It is all a matter of timing. And anyone that was buying over easter and isn't buying now is timing it wrong.

C

8. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Have you bought back in yet Contrarian?

9. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

hope all SS stackers are well.

Good question.

I have my core stack & am not keen on visiting my local AEJ store due to the staff.

Plus 2 x cars rego & insurance.

Putting sometime into fighting illegal council rates with question on notice.

Plus Tas Gov bringing the axe to public service staff.

Plus rising power prices versus getting Solar electricty.

Plus the shower needing re-grouting.

Plus trying to get a Statement of Douties (SOD) for my pay grade set in cement.

I do have some fiat play money to snap up any bargins on the ASX & Pm prices.

The main problem is finding the time to spend on research.

There have been some releases from the Perth Mint & Downies that I am sure would would be good " Flipping material" but time & tide wait for no one.

Enjoy your time stacking & trading.

10. Contrarian

Contrarian New Member

Nope, it was never my intention to buy back in.

C

11. Comper100

Comper100 Member

My purchasing is still little and as often as i can. I'm waiting on a sale, then I will probably make my biggest Pm purchase by some amount. That should be within the next month or so, as long as the price isn't over $40 then i'll go ahead.

12. GenYTrader

GenYTrader Member

Still slowly accumulating.....Although waiting until it looks like silver has bottomed before making any significant purchases. I guess there isn't any pressure to buy at the moment, price is generally the same or lower week to week.

13. Teh silvers

Teh silvers Member

I'm off to hong kong/Singapore in one week.

Need all the fiat I can get.