I'm an idiot part 1

Discussion in 'Silver' started by TinPotWizard, Jun 22, 2011.

1. TinPotWizard

TinPotWizard New Member

just bought one of amazon, no idea how the scale system works, it may only measure to .1 grams but that should still be enough with the difference being 6.25 and 5.67

2. TinPotWizard

TinPotWizard New Member

trying to download it right now but im notoriously bad with computers, nonetheless im going to give it a try

as far as people saying there is a significant sound difference to the human ear..... i myself can't tell the difference. Im not doubting that other people can, but i can't.

ok well i have the audacity program up right now but have no idea what i do now lol, ok im starting to figure it out i think. will update in a couple minutes

3. heyimderrick

heyimderrick Active Member

TinPotWizard... my suggestion to you until you are more versed in coins is to only buy from trusted sources.

Craigslist is known for having many scammers on it, not that you shouldn't use it, but only buy items from it that you know for sure that you can verify that they are legit.

Also, if you are looking for something in particular, I go to shows monthly and have a trusted shop just down the street that I can run to, and as you know, it only takes 1-2 days for a package to get to you from my location.

4. TinPotWizard

TinPotWizard New Member

thanks derrick, i'll probably have to take ya up on that

when i read the add on craigslist i think it just said silver quarters, so i assumed it was 1964 quarters and early, pretty easily identifiable, turns out they weren't though. But i didnt want to back out of a deal so i just went ahead and payed for them anyway. I'll definetely be more careful in the future though.

5. TomD

TomD Member

I still think that with no visible copper core, the odds are long in your favor.

[​IMG]