The Youtube Silver Stacking Community

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Preciousmetal, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Preciousmetal

Preciousmetal New Member

Hi,

I'm new here. I thought I would introduce what I hope is an interesting topic.

I have been involved in stacking gold for several years now, and got heavily into silver last October. I follow the various silver videoblogs on Youtube pretty much on a daily basis. Although there's a lot of fluff there, it's been nice to have the support. Unfortunately, I do not know of such a community on the gold side.

That being said, I also noticed that as silver reached above $30, there was more and more infighting between the silver video bloggers. As silver peaked at $49 and went through its pullback/mini-crash, the bickering got really bad. It also seems that lots of the bloggers have gone through a metamorphosis. Some of it has been positive where an ability to reassess previous assumptions has been observed. However, some bloggers have proven to be nothing but volatile (e.g. "I'm calling you out" Rawdoglet - he should call himself out for changing his positions so many times).

As I observed all these various changes, one thing crossed my mind. For sure, much of what occurred can be attributed to human nature, the love of authority, and even processes of maturing thought. However, I also wonder whether any of this can be attributed to disinformation agents who infiltrated this particular movement, and - to a certain degree - might have been instrumental in turning blogger against blogger.

I am interested to see if anyone else has had any similar thoughts...

2. TinPotWizard

TinPotWizard New Member

disinformation agents who infiltrated this particular movement, and - to a certain degree - might have been instrumental in turning blogger against blogger.

no, that would be a waste of their time as it won't significantly affect anything in my opinion

3. Preciousmetal

Preciousmetal New Member

Interesting.

So you don't think that there was any type of popular momentum being created that they might have wanted to quell?

4. TinPotWizard

TinPotWizard New Member

i believe they may have wanted to quell the price of silver to help the U.S. dollar or something similar, but what im doubting is that they've done anything to turn bloggers against each other. Just not worth the time, because i doubt anyone purchasing significant amounts (a million +) is listening to some blogger on youtube. (who knows though). Bloggers probably just attacking each other because they think if they make the other guys look bad, naturally it makes them look better.

Although I don't really track the youtube bloggers that much so I might be way off base. (the only one i've watched any videos of is brotherjohnf as i read a thread about him here)

5. Preciousmetal

Preciousmetal New Member

You could be right.

The best ones in my opinion are:

Streetmoney21

Bullorbearreport

SGTBull07

Stellaconcepts (Stella, I understand that there is a growing process, but you need to get back to your roots a bit more)

Silverfuturist (didn't use to appreciate his blogs, but they're getting better now)

Amongst many others.

6. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

Peter Schiff, Robert Kiyosaki, & Gerald Celente are my top 3.

Schiff is definitely my favourite, and Celente has a HORRIBLE Bronx accent that is an 'acquired taste'.

All talk sense.

OC

OC

7. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

spiders on the wall, sky's falling aaaaaaaaaaaargh

8. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

Its all been a tempest in a teapot. Some like to try and trade others are buy and hold. Don't know why people get so worked up in either camp but I guess human nature is to feel like you getting the best of it and it raises doubts in people minds about their strategy.

edit

The only thing that worries me is that people will try and become traders that haven't had any experience and get left behind rather than accumulating a position. Takes a lot of discipline to buy back a trade gone bad. Sticking to the fundamentals is simpler for most people.

9. Preciousmetal

Preciousmetal New Member

Silverthorn,

Agreed.

Old Codger, I also enjoy listening to Schiff a lot. Celente is interesting, but you get the feeling that it's all a bit about showing how he can forecast trends. Of course, he will get things wrong, too. But generally, he's interesting to listen to. Kiyosaki has some good fundamental points to make, but I am weary of all the marketing behind him. By the way, the list I gave above was not of big time analysts, but video bloggers.

10. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^ what you said

11. goldpanner

goldpanner New Member

Being new to silver stacking I have been reading blogs and watching youtube etc in order to gain some insight into what is really going on in the world financially and it is hard to find unbiassed opinions on the net, they all seem to have some vested interest in wanting the market to go in certain directions for their own benefit or they are selling advice in the form of books or many are simply repeating what others are saying .

I have to admit though that I like listening to Schiff - he comes across as sincere (but so did Blair!)

Any other opinions on who would be the best one to listen to though? - who would be the most informed at first hand, about what is going on in the financial world, and who is the most honest about it - ie not prone to exaggeration?

12. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

Wow, don't get me started on this topic!

I wear a tin foil hat, so I'm on the look out for cons all the time.
    Too many vested interests in this game if you know what I mean.

Whether the accusations floating around are true or not, one thing is clear:
    Anyone religiously subscribing to youtube silver preachers are just part of another herd of sheeple.
    Some shepherds have led them astray, perhaps for their own financial gain (this has been one of those accusations), and all that's left are angry sheep who feel disillusioned.

I don't watch youtube videos on investing because I figure I'm smart enough to do it myself :p
    (Ego Boost - Engaged!)

I hear a lot of names being dished out on here, like Sprott and Chapman, but srsly, I'd take Auspms personal insight over theirs any day - and he's just a "regular" guy, not a blogger or popularity contest contestant.

The point is, I hear everyone out with the notion that we're on equal grounds, but when someone gets on a soap box then I don't want to hear their pretentious opinions. =_=

13. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

The important thing is not to find unbiased sources but to know when a source is biased and read between the lines.

It's almost impossible to find unbiased anything and you're already ahead of most people because you know main stream media and other people are biased.

Just read the news, some blogs, and draw your own conclusions.

14. goldpanner

goldpanner New Member

I am not going to be too paranoid about the future but I just want to remain aware on a daily basis so that if there is an impending SHTF scenario about to happen I can take action before it is too late.
    I am making some cautious preparations now for what might happen!

I would be happy just to read one or two sincere informed views and forget the rest - so far I have heard the same things repeated over and over, I have even begun to mistrust the statistics about how much silver is in investment - industry - jewellery. Noone really knows how much silver is being held by ordinary people as investment especially in Asia, I think it is far higher. After seeing how statistics can be manipulated to prove just about any fact I tend to not believe in them. Graphs also can be interpreted in different ways.

Getting away from the topic here I personally, cannot see how silver will ever be regarded again (or react) as just an industrial commodity into the future. Of course, I have no statistics or facts to back that statement up - just gut feeling - ! :rolleyes:

15. philipz

philipz New Member

After being in it for a while, I take goldpanner's perspective of just checking out whats happening in case the SHTF. I enjoy SGT and stella (mainly his old stuff which was great when i was a beginner, but not any of the day trader stuff). I listen to peter schiff's radio program daily. Max keiser is one of my favourites. Gerald is great in his interviews with alex or on RT. I loved when he said "harvard, princeton, yale; bullets, bombs and banks; they'll sell you out; they'll knock you down; and they'll rape you at the airport". Enjoyed kiyosaki's first book and his recent conspiracy of the rich.

16. Guest

Guest Guest

+1, spot on.

17. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

well they're some of the select few who actually predicted that the sky would fall and it did...

But you could always listen to the mainstream drones if you prefer. :)

18. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Have a listen to Marc Faber and Bob Chapman ...
    I respect them both

19. Fiat = Ponzi

Fiat = Ponzi New Member

I don't follow the you.tube talking heads really at all. But a guy who is pretty clued on about gold/silver/finance etc is theweeklytelegram by a guy Chris. He's got a lorng island accent which is a bit annoying but still, interesting.

20. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

When I got in at around $18 silver stacking was kinda like a secret underworld pastime. My GF thought it was really nurdy when I started buying then when the price went mental even her eyes brightened to it. Well since the correction it's kinda " Immm thought it was too good to be true" Well I have plenty of silver now & the faith to match. Potentially silver will reach the giddy height's people were talking about a year ago. It's gonna take a bit longer but I'm confident it will happen. Blessed be continued low prices.