I Wish I found out about silver today

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Dusty, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Dusty

Dusty Active Member Silver Stacker

When I found out about silver the price was high and rising, o no I have found out about it to late and missed the boat.
    What to do mmm I know buy buy buy $37.. $42.. $46.., thank god.
    What's going on now no money price diving sh#t.
    Am I just dreaming? is the price going to go bang? Is this just hope I'm hanging onto?
    Silvers driving me crazy, I know I will buy more and spend even more this time because spot is low?????
    Or is this the start of MY CYCLE, when I buy the price drops, am I crazy? Dreaming? Looking for the silver lining?

I'm going mad.

Sorry I'm just talking to myself....

2. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

just the bull trying to buck ya off, stress less and laugh at all them sheeple who think silver is what 20c coins r made of :)

3. Butch

Butch Active Member Silver Stacker

No Dusty your not going mad. We all said the same thing. Just sit back and enjoy the ride keep adding to your stack on the lowes and keep grinning on the highs.You'll come out in front eventually.Cheers Butch.

4. radiobirdman

radiobirdman Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Buy buy buy .....

5. GenYTrader

GenYTrader Member

Try to remember that you are in Silver for fundamental reasons and don't get upset day to do on price movements.....Use the lower prices are a time to accumulate (if possible) and lower your dollar cost average. My thoughts are that in a year or 2 time you will be very happy with the prices that you have bought in at...

My main point is remember the fundamentals and not to beat yourself up on the day to day price...The silver price is volatile! Sit back and relax..

6. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Dusty, same situation as me haha, I bought on the way up until around $42 then stopped and didn't sell, just held because I never thought it would crash down so hard.

Looking simply at spot value my stack's probably losing heaps of money but I've liquidated some of it at a profit/break even, even though spot is down since they've become rarer such as lunar rabbits, ox etc. Actually I didn't really have much trouble breaking even on my stack from the ~$40 spot level, maybe because I didn't buy 1oz bullion koalas and went for other rarer stuff :p

Chin up, you'll be fine, Silver's going to the mooooooooooooon and you're gonna be part of it :D

7. Silverperch

Silverperch New Member

How good would it have been to be able to buy when silver was at rockbottom prices or when the price plummeted back in 2008. Intuition is telling me to sit tight because in the next couple of months we might be able to live out that dream if GFC2 happens. Fingers-crossed, and just hoping that the physical price follows the spot.

8. somerset

somerset Member Silver Stacker

Dusty, don't do this to yourself, you can go mad with the: Shoulda, woulda, coulda...

We all been there mate...

Buy PMs when you can with money you don't need to survive and don't borrow to buy 'em.

You know the fundamentals - keep the outcome in mind. As adults we can focus on the negatives/risks and be scared of loss/failure. This is unhealthy... a good example I heard: when a baby is learning to walk and they keep falling over, do you stop them from trying again because they failed? Of course not but once we are adults, we get a bit risk averse...

The spot price are numbers on a screen. The US and EU are still bankrupt, gold and silver haven't suddenly appeared in great quantities. Most importantly, people are not selling in droves! I don't know any where where I can buy at AUD$32.86/oz (at 3:16pm AEST).

That's my 2cents Dusty - it's nerve wracking but keep holding on...

Disclosure: started buying silver at $45/oz....

9. Sargeant Argent

Sargeant Argent New Member

Price I down let's go shopping :)

10. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Dusty.. ..A months a looooooong time when you stack silver!

Hang in there, it will rise again.

Regard Errol43

11. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Do you mean short? :p

In the grand scheme of things, 1 month is nothing and volatility is epic.

12. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

Sure, the spot price says AUD $33/oz, but the difference between spot and physical is slowly growing. Premiums seems to be tacked onto everything and anything related to silver.

I bought up some silver when spot was around $42-43/oz, but I still think I could sell some of the stuff I bought then for similar to what I paid for it.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Don't worry dusty, I went all in at $40+ and i'm happy about it.

It's when you sell that's important and if that's going to be in a couple of years you'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

p.s buy buy buy

15. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

What is "all in" :rolleyes: ? $100 or $1000 or $10000 or $100K ???? what is all in? show me the money :/ :p

16. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Buy or swap for gold when you can.
    Sleep well at night then.
    It's safer

17. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

thats when theres only two taties showing

18. grasshoppa

grasshoppa New Member

hi all im buying from BB and noticed that koalas are available are they a good investment will i make my money back on them

19. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

Maybe.

20. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Same thing Happend to me in 2008 when i was new to buying 999 bullion.. it was around 21 aus at the time... needless to say i got in at the top of the (then) market. I kinda felt bummed out for a bit but seeing as i never indended to buy then sell in a calander year i more or less took it upon myself to buy the smartest silver and accumulate it using the dollar cost average system studying the industry and hobby to the maximum. Silver has easily made me a profit and i dont see a fundamental change to the story on the horizon.

Moral of the story... be in silver for the long term, practice patients and know why your in silver - there should be little cognitive space for uncertainty or doubt.

Oh yeah.. i can sense from your word tones a defeatest attitude... mate these energies manifest... you need to back yourself and your decisions. Harness the positivity and build on it rather than isolating short term fiat negative outcomes .. ie: if you purchased perth mint lunars at spot in the 45's you are still up... honestly its not all doom in gloom most physical sells out

1for1