Dragons?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by swifteagle, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Szag

Szag Member Silver Stacker

Does one simply call PerthMint and ask to be allocated some for pre-order? Does one have to pay for the privilege?

2. Ag

Ag Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This is a great system...however I do have a brand new Credit Card ready for that special day (if it comes) where I'll load that puppy for every cent it will take...I have not problem being in debit of dirt cheap Silver...as in the past I'll work 14 hour days until it cleared then grin at my new stack - great incentive if you can control them - terrible daemon if it controls you :)

3. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

Sounds risky lol :p

I operate with a different mentality....
    I put in the 14 hour days before the special day, and every day up to that point I'm building up the interest.
    When the day arrives, I unload into my investment of choice.

Productivty is #1 in preparation for GFC #2.
    (Or bust!)

4. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

I have a different system: 8 hour days, 5 days a week while not on holidays, and enjoy my time off thoroughly while finding a balance in life :)

5. Ag

Your right - and I follow the same game plan, but this CC is the next level...

It will take a pretty 'special day' for me to bring out this monster...

I'm not suggestion or advocating this approach - but I've managed to get the CC to single digit interest so it's cheaper than most personal loans - a 'special day' event happens where I'm not looking at ringing the bank for approval and just want to buy then and there there - brand new means virgin - no frequent spend miles for this account :)

Simple put - CC are a devil - whatever you spend on them MUST be repaid - if it's dollars within your control and wisely used (if at all) its betting the Banks at there own game...

6. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

If you're gonna go mad on purchases via the CC, best to get the Gem Visa by GE Money.

6 months interest free on purchases over $200 :p

Has a $99 annual fee though so unless you're planning to binge soon ... I wouldn't get it :D

7. Ag

Not planning on a binge soon but it doesn't hurt to have some extra bucks waiting in the background... that's all I'm saying:)

With that being said, the above offer does seems reasonable for this very reason without looking into the small print - put simply your 'hedging' approx $2 per week ($99 annual fee) for this luxury...

8. jparrie

jparrie Member

So what's the current premium on the 2000 Dragons? And is that the same as for the 2012 Dragons?

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Lunar 2 dragons will be more popular than the lunar 1 dragons (sell out faster) as more people are into silver now. Though I suspect the lunar 1 dragons will always command more of a premium as there were less of them minted.

10. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

Be interesting to see the premiums when they are released and if the Mint will have any control over it. Remember the 5oz "america the beautiful"? Dealers bought the 33,000 allocations and then only sold off small numbers at like 10 times what they bought them for. The US Mint then had to have a stern word with its dealers.

Be interesting if the Perth Mint has any control over their dealers to release them at say spot +$7 or $8 which is the norm for lunars, kooks and koalas.

11. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

As for pre-ordering with a $15 over spot premium, ie like $50 a coin, thanks but no thanks !

12. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

The dealers did not try to sell at 10 times, several did double the price and the mint pulled everything back and the dealers were limited on price. Hopefully, the PM will limit dealer premiums through a threat of loss of distributor rights. However, a lower premium will make it that much harder to get the dragons. Personally, I have little expectation of getting dragons other than 5 to keep my series 2 sets going. I have seen how Apmex & Gainesville react in similar situations and unless they are forced to by the PM, I do not expect them to sell dragons for a reasonable premium.

I knew Gainesville was going to gouge on the 2010 ATB coins. I called them and the gentlemen stated that yes they had them, but that they had not made a decision on what price to sell them at. Meanwhile, they were taking pre orders to gauge demand.

13. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Unless a miracle happens, Gold Stackers' pre-orders of Dragons was our entire allocation. Seeing as we're only one of two dealers that I know of to have offered pre-orders, I'd like to point out that the coins were not sold at a $15 premium or $50 a coin.

14. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

Its a gamble buying in advance we all know that, but think of it this way with the Physical progressively separating from the paper market do you want to be left holding the can when the spot price hits $45-50 again? Paying $40-$45 / oz now may seem like a really good bet in a few months :cool:

15. kingzac

kingzac New Member

I would have bought a few on the preorder but by the time I saw it yesterday they were all gone, you guys are speedy.

16. Stexe

Stexe New Member

yea sure do.. just got my paid today and hunting for dragons..but all gone..anymore GoldPelican?

17. somerset

somerset Member Silver Stacker

GP just posted his last roll boys!

18. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Gone already. A customer had to back out of a sale, so one roll became available. Already gone.

19. Miss Silver

Miss Silver New Member

Can you already place a order with the Perth mint for dragons?
    I had a look on there web site and couldn't find anything about the upcoming dragon release?

Thanks if you can answer my question.

20. NQDave

NQDave Active Member Silver Stacker

Don't think Perth Mint will have any way to order dragons until mid September on there web site. Perth mint wholesalers get in early before they release to the public. Pelliy got his early order allocation from a major wholesaler who is big enough to get there hands on dragon's before anyone else can grab them.