Not for dumbos ...

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Yippe-Ki-Ya, May 26, 2011.

1. BigBen

BigBen New Member

2. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

i understand what your saying but you refuse to acknowledge what we are saying thats where the problems start your example is fine but what happens when the tree grower puts the price up 5 times in a week its not halved is it ? cant you accept they raise margins to cool the market ?

3. unfunkable

unfunkable Active Member

bigben is to PM
    what auspm is to RE ...lol

4. renovator

hahahaha yep nice observation... at least auspm could hold a decent arguement with some facts

5. BigBen

BigBen New Member

Yes i understand that, i also understand that markets need a relative amount of stability or big problems can occur. The price of SLV also did more than double during the last couple of years, so the margins reflect that. What annoys me is the derogatory comments made here from so called responsible blokes, i have stated before i have no vested interest in SLV either way, im just stating more of the other side of the fence, much to everyone's frustration.

Raising margins is not some secret manipulation, and if that is your beleif get out of this commodity, simple. Are you one of the aussie interest rate manipulation types as well?
    I also see the US debt, and also recognise the problems with how much it truly is. Will it make silver go through the roof, who knows, but there is more to it than just debt imo.

6. BigBen

BigBen New Member

Your part of the crowd stating an arguement, i rebutted, where are yours mate?

7. BigBen

BigBen New Member

Ahh who cares, this is going against a wall.
    There is no need to post on a discussion forum and cop abuse. Thanks...again.

8. renovator

Yep i believe most things are manipulated that doesnt make me a conspiracy theorist... it makes me observant of the things around me & not in denial .Frustration is one thing humour is another .Of course raising margins isnt secret manipulation its blatant just like the interest rates are adjusted to the economy its right in front of your eyes yet you refuse to see it ....im out

9. Wout

Wout New Member

the graph makes a good point but if it was from say 1979 - 2010 the silver % would be very different, there measuring inclduing a 20 year bear market after it crashed to now.

They should also include one of the last 10 years

10. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Not an expert on the subject, but I have read that the shorts are not subject to the margin requirements. This may not pertain to futures, but I do know that a market maker in a stock can naked short all day long and it is legal.

11. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

I think it is because when the price is falling (and the short is succcessful) the drop in price negates the increase in margin.

When a long is successful, and a margin hike occurs, the effect is in essence doubled (increased price and increased margin).