entertain me....

Discussion in 'Silver' started by stellaconcepts, May 18, 2011.

1. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

And now for my 300th post:

I had been up all night recovering as much data as I could from a dying drive, since my contingency plan had failed.
    The data in the last differential backup was missing a file of considerable importance.

Before collapsing, I had concluded there was nothing further to lose and stuck it in the freezer.
    I barely slept and as soon as I awoke, I was concerned about the drive.

After checking the price of silver over coffee, I pulled out the confounded thing which was now as cold as an ex.
    I quickly plugged it in to milk it before the condensation built up.

The results were no different from last night's conservative recovery practices.
    Sipping a cup of tea, I decided to be content with the last full backup from a few months ago.

This inconvenience has prompted me to review my differential backup script.
    I am confident that I'll be better prepared next time.

2. Dellers

Dellers Member Silver Stacker

jnkmbx,

are you sure you aren't confabulating?

3. wes hightower

wes hightower New Member

ok, i'll have a go. what do you actually produce john?

edit...

what do you produce that is tangible? since what you can hold in your hand is all the rave here.

4. millededge

millededge Active Member

for entertainment value, did you know that if you type in John's full name in a hotcopper post, your post is automatically blackballed as including a "profanity"? :p

5. Cinvalo

Cinvalo Member

Round ONE . Fight!!!!!!!!!!!

6. stellaconcepts

stellaconcepts New Member

The enjoyment you're getitng from being on this site is tangible. The information you receive and use in real life is tangible.

further more, My stock website provides a means for other companies to advertise through - their bottom line is improved because of my site. that is tangible.

I did not know that about hotcopper... I knew topstocks (the competiting website to theirs) is blacklisted - but its pretty funny they even blacklisted my name... thats hilarious.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Classic .

8. Captain Kookaburra

Captain Kookaburra Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

He who can't be named .... VoldeStella !

9. show-me-the-metal

show-me-the-metal New Member

Don't want to call you stupid but I was a construction site manager and now I make a minimum of double (sometimes 4 times) what I used to earn in construction on a weekly basis. I sell stuff on the net.

10. Blame_Game

Blame_Game New Member

You are insinuating that you are making a minimum of 300k, potentially 600k, per annum?

11. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Hotcopper have a very interesting sting to their marketing emails - try and unsubscribe, and they remove your access to the Hotcopper forum - they say it's part of the user agreement to being a member that they get to send you marketing emails. Not sure how that stacks up with Australian spam laws. Basically they're saying you can only participate if we can spam you.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

What John produces is Knowledge and Opinion relative to what you can hold in your hand, The Tangible part is what you decide to do with that knowledge and information, Along with the interaction and information you gain along the way, but with the caveat provided by John himself that it is your choice.

Asking some complete stranger what they actually produce or what is Tangible about what they produce is a mute point really, The product as put out and interpreted is plain to see, it is what you do with the knowledge and opinion that is the tangible part of the equation , What you do in other words.

There is a big long thread here regarding John and his decision to sell his "investment" lot of silver at it's high point in price, as i remember tho he also said he was still holding his core lot of silver, and might also look at buying back in, I posted myself that i wondered about his stance on silver now based upon his interest in spotmex etc.

The thing is tho that as far as I can tell from my limited watching of John/Stellaconcepts Vids is that he often states "He may be wrong", and from all that I have watched (and ive watched a lot) such statments are very far and few between, He is also one of a very few Aussie comentators that tells it as he see's it. And faces up to it afterwards.

The tangible part in my opinion is no-one elses except that the holder is responsible, it's the same old same old, do your own due diligence on your own, dont go blaming someone else for your decisions and dont go seeking them in the expectation that they will do the job for you.

John/Stella is just another person just like the rest of us all, His Missus still places the same demands on him, he still has to live day to day and he is still a normal day to day person.
    The fact that he places his opinion on the line with his youtube broadcast's opens him up for criticism, but he seem's to be honest with such criticism and faced it head on until recently, and with the shit dump recently I dont blame the guy for taking a break.

Really it would seem that he does not need to partake of youtube at all to make a living and has called the recent market well, as for a Tangible product who is throwing stones there ? In reality if you wanted tangible and followed Johns advice as a tangible product you would be doing quite well right now.

In short the tangible you get is info, take it or leave it, you weren't paying for it anyway but it was accurate and Tangible for those that followed.

Just my 2 grams worth.

13. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

Well there is a company called google that does pretty well at that ;) another called facebook, maybe you have heard of zynga or even spreets, cudo ;). There are many ways to do it but you might need to have some technical savvy in development / software engineering, have some perseverance if your gonna hack it up yourself or be on the other side of the fence and be a crash hot business guy with good contacts that can attract the technology savvy people.

If you have an opinion backed up by solid research or just something of interest a blog can make you money. Being a funny guy can also make you some money as i see some people have done on youtube :cool:

I myself like to write software (iPhone, Android & Web software). I built a few web based technologies that i sold for decent money in the past but i havnt sold one for the *REAL* kind of money that i want. I have built a new app that im going to release very soon and will pull out of my job in the next few months to run it properly. i just wanna milk work until August/early Sept

14. wes hightower

wes hightower New Member

fair enough. i never lost a wink over john taking profit or taking a leave from youtube. i was just curious to see what his response to my question was. not sure why you assumed i was hating on the guy. i think the guy is more than capable of defending himself in an internet forum but i'm sure he's delighted to have other stackers step up to the plate for him.

15. stellaconcepts

aint that the fecking truth.

16. stellaconcepts

never viewed it as an attack anyhow.

17. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

You entertained yet ? hahahahaha..... I am :lol:

18. wes hightower

wes hightower New Member

wow, my laptop needs a breathalizer machine hooked up to it that turns off internet after .10

19. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

20. Blame_Game

Blame_Game New Member

Ok after copping the insult of being informed that ebay, google and facebook are an example of an internet business I did manage to stumble onto a pod cast which is completely dedicated to this topic.

It's called 'Smart Passive Income Podcast' and is basically dedicated to explaining John's original comment on starting an online business.

I started on podcast Episode 15. Which is where the whole topic starts getting discussed (i suggest you listen to this one first). For anyone who is interested in the idea of making money online.....i think these podcasts are fantastic to give you an understanding.

That said........after listening to a few pod-casts........(couple hours worth [on x2 speed off-course])....i decided that its not really my thing.