-30?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by bretto, May 19, 2011.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I tend to agree with that, but I have no friggen idea

2. Supe

Supe New Member

Yes! I'm new to stacking. I'm hoping silver will stay as is or go even lower till I can get my silver security blanket on. I wish I'd been buying sooner when I first came across the notion. I think it will go the other way though, and far too soon for me to feel even remotely at ease.

3. Bulawan pilak

Bulawan pilak New Member

Brought a little at $32......

Waiting for it to drop below $30AUD..........

Ready to launch........waiting.......waiting.........

4. Silvester

Silvester Member

Nup. Had enough of this milling around. Let's go. Time for a nice long, steady climb. Everyone was happy when the price went up every day. It was good, it was fun, it was positive! Everyone loved each other. Remember? I want everyone to be happy again! C'mon everyone! Chins up! Let's reach for the stars! Let's climb this big ol' silver mountain! If we all pull together WE CAN DO IT! SILVER! SILVER! SILVER! HOORAH!!! (although it would be good if it went down just a bit so i could buy just a little bit more so that when the price really did go up that would be really good....)

5. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

When silver goes UP in price - i am happy about my past but sad about my future

when it goes DOWN in price - happy about the future and sad about my past

:)

6. Goldmember

Goldmember Member

I reckon its been manipulated down by the Evil Empire.They had to scare every mother off....and what a way to do it!

Shakin the tree peeples.

Now a slow steady climb back to the early 40s,will plod up and down around there for awhile,then break the barrier of 50 and the mania starts... IM Very HO. BTFD!!

GM

7. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

I just had a brief look at the data the US provides for historical silver prices, seems like we're still well under the high peaks of the hunt brothers, plenty to go before we get there :).

It's interesting to see how we are on par with the Silver prices in 1900 adjusted for USD'98. Doesn't seem likely to drop below $30 again because the USD is being devalued a fair bit and the inflation values they use are probably wrong (can't be bothered but shadowstats has better estimates).

Source: http://minerals.usgs.gov/ds/2005/140/silver.xls

This is just some simple observation, no technical analysis...not really going to run regressions and what not on this, too much effort :p

8. stellaconcepts

stellaconcepts New Member

i recon we're still going lower. too many people calling it the bottom to be the bottom. wait for the doom... the calls for $4 silver and such. just history repeating .... rinse wash repeat.

9. spookeychicken

spookeychicken New Member

I wonder what the cost of mining and refining to investment grade silver is?

10. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

I'm with you on this one.

11. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

Check some annual reports from mining companies. Here's from COEUR D'ALENE MINES:
    http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=86472&p=irol-reportsAnnual

You'll see their production costs vary per mine between $4 and $9 per ounce.

Then the mints refine that to investment grade and then fabricate their products.

12. PerthStack

PerthStack Member

Mate, if it gets to $4 an ounce, I'll be spending $100k on silver. I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one.

13. CriticalSilver

It bottomed at under US$9 an ounce in 2008, but production costs have increased with inflation since then so so if it gets down into the mid-teens you would be looking a floor based on cost for refining and mining.

14. CriticalSilver

Only $100k?

15. N14L

N14L New Member

I think there are a lot of people milling around waiting for something to happen before buying (like me over the past 3 months). At the end of the day if you are in for the long run it doesn't matter if you pay $35 or $25. Just looking at how the markets are being manipulated at the moment with paper trades tells me it is a little volitile, but due to the amount of paper silver v's physical (GATA estimate 100oz paper v's 1oz physical) it will hit the fan. And then where it will go........$50, $80, $150 and even $436 has been quoted as the real value of silver. But only if you are carrying physical and not paper!

16. Ilikemetals

Ilikemetals Member

I agree, i miss those days where everyone was shouting "to the moon"! I've spent all my avail fiat anyway, can't really take the opportunity if it goes down more

17. spookeychicken

spookeychicken New Member

Imagine the wait to get your physical if it hit under $10.

2 years +

No way could dealers keep up with supply (they cant now)

Funny if you bought at under $10 and the price went up to over $100 and back down to under 10$ before you got your silver :D:lol:

18. Bulawan pilak

Bulawan pilak New Member

People are waiting for the price to drop further.....below $20 I don't see happening. If it goes below $27 - $28 there will be plenty of buyers, from then on I think
    it will be back on to watching the price rise again......until $50....... It may take a couple of goes to get through this amount.

I will go with 3 strikes and your off, but do not count on it.....the postman only rings twice, lol. Now I am going to bet on the footy, I always lose that too.

19. plata

plata Member Silver Stacker

Yes, SILVER, SILVER HOORAY!!! We are here for the long run, so if it comes down HOORAY!! save and buy more!! HOORAY!!!!:lol:

20. stellaconcepts

stellaconcepts New Member

I didnt say its going to $4 an ounce... I said wait for the calls for $4 an ounce... as in everyone saying silver is gone for good etc... you'll start hearing that in the $20s imo.