Cash is still king.

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by heartastack, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Michael Kay

Michael Kay Active Member

A bit of a digression, but have our US friends heard of the two stabbing incidents in Sydney? A guy stabbed 6 women to death in a shopping mall over the weekend. And a bishop was stabbed by 15 year old Muslim in an apparent terrorist attack. A riot involving 600 people ensued.

It really feels like social cohesion is falling apart at times, or is it just two random events? It feels like a sign of the times... meanwhile gold marches up, up. Aussie dollar goes down.. business insolvencies up... a stacker can't sell an Oz below spot in the classifieds.

Madness. I gotta get off the net.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2024
  2. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

No one else jumping in?

Probably both. But it's a sign of the times I think if you look at published data indicating there's been a slow downward progress in recent years. Which is no surprise really as continuing economic weakness puts pressure on our social capital.

This is what Legatum finds for Australia over the past 10 years, 3 indicators down, 2 up:

Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 11.42.06 am.png

https://docs.prosperity.com/5516/7689/4326/Australia_2023_Picountryprofile.pdf

Michael Kay likes this.
  3. pmbug

pmbug Active Member

I saw headlines about the stabbings but did not get all the details. I did not hear about any riot.

4. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I didn't hear about either one of the stabbings or the riots. Probably didn't make much news here but it sounds really fkd up.
    All I hear about in the news is Isreal and people debating Trumps abortion views or whatever they are mad about that day with Trump.

Michael Kay likes this.
  5. Michael Kay

Yeah, definitely... the NSW police commissioner said that these individuals should "expect to be arrested."

pmbug likes this.
  6. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes, read about both events and the riot on Twatter - was covered extensively there by several intl. "alt-right" accounts.
    Of course it's boiling over, some people are off their rockers and the rest struggle to comprehend how things got this bad so quick.
    And I can guarantee it'll only get worse as the fabric of homogenous, civil society is shredded to bits (elections have consequences).

Real $ Return and Michael Kay like this.
  7. Michael Kay

yep, Multiculturalism and Identity Politics combined with massive inequality ("it's the economy, stupid") are ruining our society.

Unless we return to a homogenous, conservative society of old, we are screwed. It's also got bugger all chance of happening. I call it out-of-control postmodernism/individualism. All this "I identify as a ______" as well as the woke, pro-Palestine idiots supporting fundamentalist Muslims as well all of the medieval, backward crap that that mob prescribe to. The religion of peace my arse; they are a barbaric horde. The stabbing attack was horrific and the "kid" looked like he was 40, complete with the fundamentalist beard and short hair. The rioters basically wanted to lynch him and turned on the police. We are close to the proverbial brownshirts ruling the streets.

lucky luke likes this.
  8. mmm....shiney!

The only time Australia was homogenous was before the white fellas came here.

Be careful this conversation is turning toward a path on which I don't want this forum to travel.

9. Michael Kay

what I mean to say is that no country is truly homogeneous; I mean nations with dominant majority ethnic groups which share values and ideals.

Like the Chinese, or the Russians; they are (mostly) patriotic and united. Think about AU in the 80s; it was a bit more like that, depending where you came from.

Meanwhile, the west is divided on social, ethnic and economic lines. This division has destroyed any notion of national identity.

10. JohnnyBravo300

Weve probably got 30 million new Biden voters here in the US so that looks awesome for gold.
    Only one way but UP UP UP!!

See, central America is useful for something after all.

11. JohnnyBravo300

Just look at the differences in wage/gold ratio, it's about the easiest way since gold is just real money.
    In 1970 an average wage could buy 250 ozs of gold!
    Today it's only around 28 ozs and dropping fast.. The wealth is gone.
    1933 was still in the mid 50s which is better than now.

Real $ Return and markcoinoz like this.
  12. pmbug

pmbug Active Member

13. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Access to contaminated drinking water. :confused: And you call this progress......

https://www.unsw.edu.au/newsroom/ne...nking-water-guidelines-in-global-source-water

https://www.abc.net.au/listen/progr...-chemical-found-in-aussie-tapwater-/103727942

14. mmm....shiney!

You're forgetting that natural sources of drinking water contain contaminants. I don't drink the spring water in Salvatore Rosa NP for instance due to the high levels of minerals present naturally.

How we monitor and deal with contaminants is the critical issue, an issue many other countries struggle to deal with. If you've travelled you'd understand.